PDA

View Full Version : Nail coming away from nail bed?

tan235
12-03-18, 20:18
HI All,
I've just noticed that my nail is coming away from the nail bed.
the white part of the nail is creeping down into my actual nail bed and I can stick things all the way down - though I've stopped doing that now.
It's only happening on one nail but my HA is creeping up on me because of this.
Has anyone else had this happen before?
I can't think of a reason why and if you google it, whilst fairly common it also says it's due to some pretty scary things which I don't want.
Should i head to the Dr - apparently the clinical term is : Onychomadesis

Anyone had this?

countrygirl
12-03-18, 22:18
If you havent injured the nail at anytime then to pit your mind at rest show it to the dr. I bruised my big toe nail 2 yrs ago and it seemed to grow out ok at first but one corner has lifted from bed about quarter of way down. My chiropodist said most likely due to.past injury but can also be from overgrowth of bone. Fingernails then thyroid can make nails lift from nailbed so might be worth a blood test if you havent had thyroid checked recently

Josh1234
13-03-18, 01:59
Do you work?

tan235
13-03-18, 06:32
I work from home, on my computer most of the time, my nails had grown quite long, so maybe I bent it somehow ... I've got an appointment with the Dr tomorrow so will ask her.

WiseMonkey
13-03-18, 06:39
HI All,
I've just noticed that my nail is coming away from the nail bed.
the white part of the nail is creeping down into my actual nail bed and I can stick things all the way down - though I've stopped doing that now.
It's only happening on one nail but my HA is creeping up on me because of this.
Has anyone else had this happen before?
I can't think of a reason why and if you google it, whilst fairly common it also says it's due to some pretty scary things which I don't want.
Should i head to the Dr - apparently the clinical term is : Onychomadesis

Anyone had this?

Some nail bed issues are autoimmune related, nothing to be concerned about. I suspect a lot of your issues are autoimmune related (like mine) and although they're a damn nuisance, they won't kill you :)