PDA

View Full Version : Been Living with Anxiety for Years

RosieIfu
13-03-18, 02:04
Hi everyone,

I will give a quick look into my life. It all started as a freshman in high school when I walked into a small spaced chapel filled with students to listen to the seniors give speeches. I started to have a panic attack and intense anxiety sitting in a small space with so many people. I was afraid to embarrass myself and dreaded the next time I will be required to sit through an event like that. Unfortunately, I had to go through it every week for four years, and then I graduated for high school and unto intense insomnia. I had intense anxiety just thinking about going to college and a new school for the first time without my twin sister. I am getting used to that now but now I have a new anxiety. This one has to do with a phobia. I will be studying abroad in 2 weeks in London. and I just feel depressed and so nervous about what to expect. I am seriously getting chills (in a negative way) thinking about this new journey. I signed up for it to gain a valuable experience for my future. I would highly regret it if I didn't participate though.

I am glad I found a community of fellow perturbed individuals. I hope someone out there can help me.

Blessings,

Rosie

venusbluejeans
13-03-18, 02:10
Hiya RosieIfu and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
14-03-18, 12:36
Good morning RosieIfu,

It sounds exciting that you'll being given the opportunity to study aboard. While I completely understand the panic, keep in the for front og you mind the opportunity you are getting.

During my years of panic and agoraphobia I myself have had to "bit the bullet" and do things I didn't want to do. The best thing I can tell you is to try and do the same thing, because on a number of those occasions the panic and fear settled once I got going.

Other than that, consult your doctor for cognitive and medical treatment. Find a course of treatment that feels right for you. Best to you on your journey RosieIfu, and congrats on the opportunity to travel.