PDA

View Full Version : Growling, grumbling guts during the night!

fruitandnutlover
13-03-18, 11:55
I’ve had IBS type symptoms for years but have had a big flare up the last 3/4 months.

Along with my normal symptoms I have started to get lots of growling, grumbling, popping and wind in my stomach and bowel area.

I’m having episodes during the night as well sometimes, last night I was woken at 12am with this growling/grumbling/popping and wind and it continued until about 3am, leaving me feeling frustrated and worried :scared15:

I mentioned it to my gp today and he wasn’t really interested. Two weeks ago I saw a gastroenterologist and he says I have IBS and to take antidepressants and go on an exclusion diet (I’ve been doing the low fodmap for the last week).

This constant activity in my guts is driving me insane.

Does anyone else get this?

Honeynut
13-03-18, 12:05
Yep I get this! It happens after I eat mostly but it’s LOUD and bubbly and just uncomfortable. I’m currently being told by a gastro doctor that I have IBD but I do believe it’s a common ibs symptom too.

Jenni855
13-03-18, 13:29
Like Honeynut I am also being told by my doctor I have IBD but my stomach is the same. Always bubbling, fizzing and chugging type noises. I think it is common in all digestive disorders.

fruitandnutlover
13-03-18, 16:09
Two weeks ago I saw a gastroenterologist, he said I have IBS but I have my doubts, did you both start with a stool test to check for IBD?

Jenni855
14-03-18, 17:34
I did two standard stool tests which came back normal and then at Christmas, I asked for a faecal calprotectin test which came back sky high at over 3,000 (The normal range is 50 or under). I did another one in February which came back as 225 which again was high. Maybe ask for that test if you are worried?

Honeynut
14-03-18, 18:31
I had a stool test that tested for inflammation in the bowel and was able to differentiate between IBS and IBD. I’ve also had blood tests and everything points toward Colitis at the moment. You should definitely ask for a stool sample test if you haven’t had one already, as Jenni said, as IBD can easily mask itself as IBS until a more serious flare up hits and the symptoms worsen.

fruitandnutlover
15-03-18, 10:24
Yes will definitely ask for a stool test, thanks.