PDA

View Full Version : Being told you look ill

Alba95
13-03-18, 12:17
A colleague of mine just asked me if I was well as I looked unwell to her. This has set off my anxiety now I’m thinking there’s something wrong with me. I feel fine I didn’t get much asleep last night maybe like 7 hours and 9 hours is what makes me usually feel refreshed. I’ve asked about 10 people today if I look fine and I’m starting to appear crazy. Should I take this comment seriously? It has really got to me

axolotl
13-03-18, 12:52
A colleague of mine just asked me if I was well as I looked unwell to her. This has set off my anxiety now I’m thinking there’s something wrong with me. I feel fine I didn’t get much asleep last night maybe like 7 hours and 9 hours is what makes me usually feel refreshed. I’ve asked about 10 people today if I look fine and I’m starting to appear crazy. Should I take this comment seriously? It has really got to me

What a cheeky ****! Unless your colleague is a doctor, no, don't take it seriously.

NancyW
13-03-18, 18:55
Fits right in with other stupid comments....

"You look tired"
"Are you pregnant?"

Blow it off. :-)

Carys
13-03-18, 19:01
That, and it has happened a few times, has made me feel terrible. I can totally equate to what you felt and how you've behaved afterwards. Being told you look 'a bit peaky' would send me running to the mirror LOL In all honesty though, you know how to deal with it, the same way you'd reassure yourself about any HA problem. The logical - I am a bit tired, no wonder I look not quite myself today. My reply to someone once who asked if I was ok as I looked unwell was 'I'm absolutely fine, but have got half the makeup on that I usually have'. :)

Carnation
13-03-18, 21:23
Strangely, this happened to me today and it did send me running to the mirror; several times!! I was wearing make-up, so I couldn't use that one, but I replied back that my sinuses were playing up, which they were,, but the brain sent my anxiety in to a spiral and feeling terrible, when before this happened, I was reasonably ok. :lac: