PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about not being anxious

zacman777
13-03-18, 14:50
The title says it all and confuses all at the same time. I came off of my medicine with the help of my doctor about 8 months ago. It was a 5 month taper and it didn't seem that bad. The withdrawal effects were bareable. It was after the medicine had been out of my system for about two months that the anxiety really started to hit. I tried to move through it, told myself it would eventually pass. I figured my body needed time to reach homeostasis again. After all I had been on the sertraline for 8 years or so.

Flash forward to today. I have been having the anxiety non stop, so I figured I had to take something, albeit natural, to really get through this coping with anxiety portion. I know panic attacks can't kill you, but constant anxiety and stress can't be good for my body. I decided to try CBD oil, which is an oil derived from the hemp plant that is completely legal. I've taken it for two days now and I think it's helping, but I also think that's the problem...

I don't feel anxious, but I feel so on edge, like I'm constantly watching! It's like when I was anxious all the time it was a monster that I could see. I could keep an eye on it and keep it in check. Now that I don't feel anxious its like I can't see the monster anymore and it is going to pounce on me and I'll be less prepared. It's almost like I was so used to living in an anxious/panicky state that this sudden change is causing confusion and uneasiness. It's like I've forgotten how to be calm. Has anyone else experienced anything like this??