PDA

View Full Version : Hello

chrismikayla
14-03-18, 00:39
Hello everyone;

I知 new to the forum but have been struggling with anxiety and major depression for a while. My symptoms intensified after the death of my sister and mother in 2015 and 2016, respectively. It got to the point where I wanted to sleep all day and lost my appetite. Panic attacks were almost daily. My health anxiety got so bad I would sometime soon spend the night in the local hospital parking lot just in case something happened and I would be near help. I recently saw a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. I also have severe health anxiety about my heart mainly despite probably eight EKGs, blood work, five chest x rays and a ct heart scan which were all good. The doctors must have missed something! I had the flu last month and was prescribed prednisone and I do wish I had known that med can really screw with your mental health. When I went to the Er again last month I broke down and they had me speak with some mental health professionals in the hospital. I was prescribed lexapro 10 mg and vistaril at night to help with insomnia along with a referral to a psychiatrist. After a couple weeks on the lexapro I started to feel a little better. My new psychiatrist took me off lexapro and prescribed Zoloft to slowly increase from 25 to 100 mg in a few weeks. She get the Zoloft would work better. She also prescribed rexulti in tandem with the Zoloft. Now it seems as if my anxiety has increased so now I知 worried we should have given the lexapro more time. But at least I知 happy to finally be getting professional help with therapy, medication, and anxiety and grief groups😐

venusbluejeans
14-03-18, 00:45
Hiya chrismikayla and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

chrismikayla
14-03-18, 00:56
Hiya chrismikayla and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thanks! I値l definitely check out those articles.

Scass
14-03-18, 08:07
Hello & welcome, you致e really been through it & my heart goes out to you.
I hope your medication starts to help a bit soon & that you find comfort on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk