PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about cold sores

deusvult
14-03-18, 01:01
On Monday our middle child (about 6 years old) developed a red bump/mark on her lip. It hasn't really seemed to have changed much, expect perhaps getting a bit more purple. Up to now, none of our kids have had cold sores.

The primary focus of my anxiety is herpes of the eye, and I am really starting to worry because I have not been able to get her to stop putting her hands in her mouth or rubbing her eyes.

My wife will be taking her to the Dr's today, but my anxiety is killing me. Does anyone have any advice/reassurance on the topic of cold sores?

jrcoleman
14-03-18, 03:12
88% of the world population has the cold sore virus. When I get them I take L-Lysine and they are gone within a couple of days. I used to get them really bad as a child, so bad you couldn't see my upper lip. I don't recall ever getting them in my eyes and as I child, I am sure I touched them and rubbed my eyes as well.

Scass
14-03-18, 08:01
It seems unlikely to be a cold sore. They itch at first and then are sore & get scabby.

My mother had cold sores & my partner of 20+ Years has them. I haven’t caught the virus off either of them yet, so I guess I have protection.

I was worried my daughter might catch them as a baby, but she didn’t.

When my partner gets one, he gets the itchy tingling, applied Zovirax and it goes within a couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk