PDA

View Full Version : Rheumatoid Arthiritis Fears

Yag Dev
14-03-18, 05:52
Just got over a bout of the flu last week, and for the past two days have been having on/off joint pains in my thumb and index finger. It isn't constant, and isn't very high. On a scale of 1-10, it's about a 3. However, I've heard these symptoms are precursor to Rheumatoid Arthritis in some cases. Especially, as I've also been feeling fatigued, which I heard was another precursor. Someone please help!!

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Anybody?? PLEASE!!

WiseMonkey
14-03-18, 06:51
Just got over a bout of the flu last week, and for the past two days have been having on/off joint pains in my thumb and index finger. It isn't constant, and isn't very high. On a scale of 1-10, it's about a 3. However, I've heard these symptoms are precursor to Rheumatoid Arthritis in some cases. Especially, as I've also been feeling fatigued, which I heard was another precursor. Someone please help!!

---------- Post added at 01:52 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Anybody?? PLEASE!!

Hi,

You've just had the flu, that's why you're feeling fatigued. Quite often people feel more tired when they're recovering than they do at the height of the virus.

You haven't got RA, your symptoms are wrong! Sometimes after the flu, aches and pains happen especially if you haven't been very mobile for a while.

Depending on your age, it could well be just plain osteoarthritis which happens as we age. You would need to be over 45 to get this though.