PDA

View Full Version : please someone talk me down

EmmyW1984
14-03-18, 09:41
I’m on my own at home with the toddler and I’ve got a really bad panic attack kicking in

Common sense is telling me that I’ve got a bit of trapped wind because I keep burping. But the pains are making me go into cold sweats and making my heart pound

My little girls is sat next to me and I’ve got tears rolling down my face terrified that something is going to happen to me and she’ll be on her own until my husband gets back from work later

Aquilega
14-03-18, 10:01
I’m on my own at home with the toddler and I’ve got a really bad panic attack kicking in

Common sense is telling me that I’ve got a bit of trapped wind because I keep burping. But the pains are making me go into cold sweats and making my heart pound

My little girls is sat next to me and I’ve got tears rolling down my face terrified that something is going to happen to me and she’ll be on her own until my husband gets back from work later

Hi @EmmyW1984 try and focus on your little girl my friend,just breathe deeply and slowly,I know its difficult cos I am suffering as well,it will pass,honestly

EmmyW1984
14-03-18, 10:04
Thank you, I’m desperately trying to make myself burp because I know the more I get up, the better it will start to feel

I think the fear of something happening early in the day and my girl being on her own until after 5pm is making things a lot worse than what they would normally be if that makes sense?

zacman777
14-03-18, 17:17
I'm just now seeing this but I hope you are feeling better! Try and realize that the panic attack symptoms are just scary, not dangerous. And breath through them. I know it seems hard, and I know when I panic it definately seems hard, but you will get through this.

Scass
14-03-18, 17:50
I hope you’re ok now.
I totally get that fear of leaving my little girl too. It definitely makes the panic worse.

I think when you’re in the grip of it like that you need something to help you centre yourself. Great that you came on here & types out how you were feeling.
There’s another immediate method which is:

Look around you. Find 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things you can smell, and one thing you can taste.

It might be a good game to play with your toddler too.

Also, focus on your breathing. Deep belly breathing (YouTube it if you don’t know how).

You’ve got this. Everything will be ok x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carys
14-03-18, 17:51
HIyer,

I hope by now you are feeling better. I too used to get /get panic attack symptoms when I have trapped air in my stomach. I differentiate these panic attacks as different from ones that come without physical triggers as I'm not even slightly anxious before my stomach feel bloated - I honestly am of the belief that a lot of stomach gas presses on nerves (notably the vagus nerve) , makes you feel a little breathless, bloated, nauseous and triggers adrenaline release. I get ectopic heart beats when I have indigestion, and over the years I have definitely found that when I have very bad trapped wind I get panic like symptoms. Sometimes after an hour of burping, often every few minutes, it literally just passes and I'm back to normal. So, heres a tip that works for me, and has done for years - sip water - when you feel there is gas to come out take some gulps. My stomach seems to respond to this by expelling the trapped stuff. I do this, a few gulps at a time for however long it takes for things to settle down.

Carys
20-03-18, 09:01
Hiyer, is it possible you could give 'closure' on the thread ?