PDA

View Full Version : Pulled Muscle or my Liver?

ColdHands
14-03-18, 15:53
To preface, I have Primary Biliary Cirrhosis, or the new name Primary Biliary Cholangitis. Basically this is an autoimmune disease that causes my immune system to attack my bile ducts and destroy them. I have flares etc, but overall I've been pretty stable. I have had some tenderness on that side for about two months because I have been stressed and anxious over another issue that was found on an EGD. I'm having followup testing on this Friday, but now I have this issue. On Friday (stupid me) I was doing some yoga stretches on the floor. I decided to lie on my back and lift my knees to my chest one at a time. When I lifted my right leg I had the sensation of what felt like my liver or a fleshy piece move and then I felt pain in my rips and diaphragm. After that I have been sore on that side and it hurts when I have to use my diaphragm muscles to get out of a chair, or raise up from a lying position. I'm paranoid now that my liver is worse or I have a tumor that shifted in there. I'm not yellow, my last liver blood work was ok (though it was about 6 months or more ago). It hurts if I take a deep breath (off and on). I can hardly feel it when I just sit still. It feels better when I lean to the left, as my liver does when its swollen or inflamed. So did I bruise my liver with my stretch, or did I just stretch my diaphragm with some weird muscle strain. I've done this before, but on the other side by leaning over a chair and reaching to pick something up. I had a friend go into the hospital for something she thought was anemia and she was full of liver cancer. I'm going to a hospital Friday for this test and I am just scared now that I have this pain (more than usual.) Any thoughts?

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Just to add, tylenol takes most of the pain away

Phuzella
14-03-18, 20:23
Sounds like a pulled muscle as you were stretching at the time :)

ColdHands
14-03-18, 21:20
I have undifferentiated connective tissue disorder too so I wonder if that makes it easier for me to pull muscles