PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely terrified - 'Tightness'/dull ache in right thigh????

elvenia
14-03-18, 20:32
Hey everyone.

Please hear me out and offer help if you can, any knowledge that could put my mind at ease would be great... this is keeping me up at night and hindering my productivity during the day. :(

So for the last month or 2, my right thigh has felt tight. I don't know how else to describe it, but there is this dull feeling - I wouldn't say that it is painful, but it is uncomfortable and annoying.
My kneecap feels as if it is swollen but visibly isn't?? My doctor examined my knee and said he doesn't see anything wrong with it, but what if it is being caused by a tumor pressing on something????

This feeling in my thigh is there all the time but varies in intensity. It doesn't stop me from walking but my leg feels a bit weak at times. When pressing on it it feels tight / harder than the other leg...

The reason I am panicking is because I can't tell if it is my muscle or the bone. I am scared iincase it is osteosarcoma...

context; I am a 22 year old female who is otherwise healthy apart from being kinda lazy in the last 6 months. Maybe this is from inactivity, who knows

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

every time I post on here it gets 0 replies and I feel really alone so I'm really hoping someone could offer some info

Fishmanpa
14-03-18, 20:40
every time I post on here it gets 0 replies and I feel really alone so I'm really hoping someone could offer some info

I'm sorry. The thing is, you're asking what it could be and frankly, I've not heard of anything like it... at least anything in a 22 year old that would be considered sinister in any way, shape or form. That and no one can diagnose either...

If it were nodes or some of the other common go to fears you see on the boards, I'm sure you'd get more responses :winks:

Hope you feel better soon :)

Positive thoughts

Scass
14-03-18, 20:59
I’m replying, but I don’t really have any knowledge.

I wrote this earlier - but couldn’t think of what to say! I just didn’t know how to reply to you.

The only thing I can suggest is to go back to your gp if you’re not feeling better. Perhaps keep a diary of when it’s happening & show it to the gp. I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doglover1967
15-03-18, 01:45
This sounds very similar to something I had and, still have, but it no longer terrifies me. I thought it had to be bone cancer, but it turns out it’s sciatica. There’s a HUGE sciatic nerve that goes through your pelvis and when it gets inflamed for any reason, it hurts and can cause stiffness and anything from a dull ache to a severe ache that can feel bone deep, all in your leg. A few visits to a chiropractor and an ice pack always helps mine.

elvenia
15-03-18, 16:07
Thanks for the replies everyone - yeah, you're right. Sorry for nagging, thanks for replying to me :)

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

This sounds very similar to something I had and, still have, but it no longer terrifies me. I thought it had to be bone cancer, but it turns out it’s sciatica. There’s a HUGE sciatic nerve that goes through your pelvis and when it gets inflamed for any reason, it hurts and can cause stiffness and anything from a dull ache to a severe ache that can feel bone deep, all in your leg. A few visits to a chiropractor and an ice pack always helps mine.

Doglover; that's interesting actually. I have meralgia paresthetica in the same leg, so for pretty much my whole life the skin on my thigh has been numb. I'd be interested to find out if sciatica can go hand in hand with that. :/