PDA

View Full Version : hospital... and question !

bluesparkle
11-07-07, 08:25
ok i know i always start my threads this way but i dont know where to put this lol :huh:
it is very much a success with a question attached... anyway i will get on with it cos as usual i expect it will be a bit long winded.
as you know i was going into hospital for day surgery on sat... well i was first down so that was ok... next thing i knew it was 11.30am and i was told i would have to stay in and was given some strong pain killers so i drifted back again, it was 1.30 and i was still in recovery... well if im going to do something i may as well do it properly lol
my poor partner must have been out of his mind as he decided to stay and wait.
anyway i was put on a ward and i had had a drain fitted as it had been more difficult then they thought, when the doctor came round he said it was really infected and i must have been unwell before hand... hooray i had been trying to tell people and doctors since march and now i realise how ill i had been it was an effort to drag myself to work etc.
well i had to stay in two nights in the end, i was a bit upset as i knew my kids were expecting me home but i was absolutely fine no panic at all... i did take my nmp ted though :)
im not sure if i should be posting this bit so will keep it brief but on last night a lady was brought to our ward and i must add she was vey old and had been very ill, lots of family with her all crying... well you can guess the rest in the middle of the night it was awful it was not right and not fair on us or fair on the family but i wanted to share it as i still didnt panic even though it was awful.
well i came home mon and felt very disoriantated as i could only sit and do nothing(not something i like to do)... yesterday all i could do was cry, i wanted my partner to stay with me but he had to work, and infact he was quite bad tempered with me, but i was hysterical for most of the day and some of my old worries have returned... why???
i am feeling a bit brighter today but still worrying about stupid little things like i used to...
i do not want this to take me backwards ... so i just thought id come here and post.
rach

kilvosa
11-07-07, 09:44
Hi There
Do hope youre feeling better also it can be normal to cry after an operation so im told i was like that too after mine two years ago but it soon goes takes a while for the anesetic to get out of your sytem. I have to go in for an op in sept dreading it really and then up to 3 months off work omg also not allowed to do much like ironing hoovering etc hubby works away a lot and ive a 9 and 10 year old at home . Anyway im sure after a few days you will be fine and feeling better let us know how you are.
Take care Annexx

Piglet
11-07-07, 11:41
Rach hi hun. :hugs:

As you may or may not know my middle piglet had a little op 3 weeks ago and it didn't go quite as planned either and we thought she would have to stay in overnight when it had only been origninally a day case too. Anyway to cut a long story short we did come home later that eveing but it really took it out of us all!!

I would say middle piglet was most tearful on day 3 and 4 etc which could have been down to the anaethestic (this is very common I'm told) and also a little bit of delayed shock at things not going the simple way we had expected and coming home at the age of 17 with a catheter hadn't been on the agenda either.

What I am trying to say is that you had to deal with alot of unexpected stuff including the upsetting incident during the night - this would take it's toll on anyone at all mate and the way you are feeling now is not you slipping back but you consolidating all that has happened to you and around you. It's a necessary step and one we all have to do when too much happens to us for us to process immediately.

I would treat yourself a little gently, not be hard on yourself for a totally normal reaction to events.

Pace yourself and just try and stay in the day that you are in. I think you just feel a little disorientated at the minute and I assure you that will pass.

Get well soon lovie.:hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

bluesparkle
11-07-07, 15:26
thank you so much for the reasurance...
i am feeling a bit brighter today but still a bit tearful, but yes what you have said makes sense... thats why i knew i could post here and people would understand, i just want to feel better.(i dont have much patience at the best of times).
i have been reading your post piglet and keeping up with middle piglet, poor thing she definately had a rough time and im glad she is on the mend.
i just couldnt understand why i felt so emotional and then paniced that i was going to go back down hill again when i have come so far, i feel re-assured now though so thank you :)
rach
x

bluesparkle
11-07-07, 15:40
oops! missed a bit out somehow...
just wanted to say i had to laugh at your comment about hospital food... hmmm now that was interesting... i know i wasnt feeling well but yuk yuk and more yuk!
also i am going to get my partner to read the replies to re assure him that it is quite normal how im feeling and that i am not being a pain really... and that although it is a pain but i really do need him around right now and his support as it will only last a few days.
thanks again
rach
x

Piglet
11-07-07, 15:57
Good idea Rach. :hugs:

debera
11-07-07, 16:26
hi
when i had my ear surgery everything was fine while in hospital. but when i got home all i did was cry. i was told it was the anethesia. i guess it has to get out of your system. it will take a little while but you should feel better soon. but i know how you feel.
love debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

nomorepanic
11-07-07, 19:36
Rach

Just wanted to send you a big hug for all you have been through :bighug1: :bighug1:

Southern_Belle
11-07-07, 20:18
Hi Rach,

I can't add a thing to the great advice you have been given but a huge :hugs: from me too. Hoping you feel better and stronger each day.

Love,

Laura

kazzie
11-07-07, 20:59
Well done for coping:yesyes:

Luv Kaz x x x

Paddington
12-07-07, 11:58
Dear Rach..right on every body..i was the same .,i was in hospital for two weeks a few years ago ..not one panic ..nothing[yep there was a death also!]when i came home i went to bits:ohmy: ..it's reaction hun..be kind to yourself hun...and do show your husband these replies..as,bless them,our fellas are at a loss i think sometimes so they get narky..and remember he was probably scared too:ohmy: Some hugs to you both:hugs: Get well soon hun.Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pips
12-07-07, 12:37
Hi Hun,

It is emmotional going through the op and being in hospital especially what happened with the older lady.

Your bound to feel upset and a bit disorientated mate it's only natural.

BIG http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/ksriver80/h/19.gif and some flowers to wish you a speedy recovery.

Take Care Hun,

Love & Wishes,

Pip's X X X Xhttp://www.fantasyflash.ru/teddy/teddy/bimage/teddy21.jpg

bluesparkle
12-07-07, 13:29
thank you all so very much...
it has made me feel much better... still struggling today but only day 5 since the op so i guess its on the up from here...
thank you all so much for being there and listening it means so much to me...
rach x

Lindalou64
12-07-07, 13:45
i think its quite normal rach to feel that way after a stay at the hospital after all the meds surgery itself like every here said but i found it to be also at the hospital there was a button and when ya pushed it someone was there yahhh. then ya get home where the button go "( i know for me it was like that since i couldnt get around for sometime......i wish you a fast recovery ya sound like your doing well.........take care ....linda

bluesparkle
13-07-07, 19:38
thank you :D
you are all great...
i am feeling much better today...only cried once lol
am very tired and sore but it is a good feeling in an odd sort of way as i know i am getting better... the uncontrollable tears scared me but thanks to you lot i felt re assured
rach
x

Karen
13-07-07, 20:41
Hi Rach

You coped really well. A lot of us would be worried about being in hospital and having surgery and then the situation with the elderly lady on top of that was a lot to cope with - but you did it! :yesyes:

I'm glad you are now home and recouperating. Sending you lots of hugs and good wishes :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Karen xx

Piglet
13-07-07, 23:10
Just take one day at a time matey and with each day you will start to feel a little better.:hugs: