PDA

View Full Version : 3 months on Citalopram...

Jamie1990
16-03-18, 03:10
Hi all. I just wanted to update you all on my experience with Citalopram. I was prescribed it at the end of November last year due to extreme anxiety/panic attacks.... Like most people, I went through the terrible side effects which are all but gone completely as of today.

The drug for me has only had one benefit and that is stopping panic attacks. That’s it.

I don’t want to sound ungrateful but the anxiety, low mood, demotivation and depression are still there.

I wasn’t expecting a magic pill by any means but I really don’t feel much different at all from when I started the medication except for no panic attacks.

I was always told that this medication would take a long time to work but I just haven’t seen any differences in my mood or anxiety leading to think well what was the point in going on them?

shery
16-03-18, 07:50
Hi Jamie, if panic attacks are improving, so you are improving overall. Also if you get some good half days or hours here and there, they are also a good sign. Recovery is not straightforward. You can also ask your Dr to increase the dose.

Lulu1960
16-03-18, 09:07
Wow..