PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your mouth shut

Beth28
16-03-18, 07:38
I am not a regular here.

But I get a lot of support from people here on this forum. Thank you.

Recently, I have had symptoms of a particular illness and unfortunately all tendencies like age, physical presentation (undeniable) point in the direction of this illness or disease.

I spent weeks out of fear not going to the doctor. Finally went to the doctor and a symptom was agreed GP. I felt a bit relieved. I thought why would I feel relieved if someone has said yes you have this? Sounds self punishing. Why can't we feel good about being healthy. Anyway I digress.

I told a friend about the possible diagnosis. I haven't had a full confirmed diagnosis. She asked what cause of treatment will I go for conventional or natural. I told her again, I haven't had the scan so I can't say, I won't say and I will not claim what isn't mine. She asked me again just in case the worst is to happen I should be prepared. I know this was done out of love and concern. But this heightened my anxiety. My partner was annoyed with me for telling my friend. Nothing has been confirmed and I put that crap out. I wanted to tell my "daughter" she is the smile in my heart but I remembered my convo with my friend. The worry it causes to your friends, family and yourself, helping the HA to grow from a seed to a tree. I have learnt two things so far - don't punish yourself, being ill will not give us the love we need, the confidence we need, the peace we need. Our HA can come from a trauma and it spirals from there. Also, keep your mouth shut until you know. Hear it from a professionals mouth. Don't feed the HA monster.

We have this space, on this forum to voice our concerns, give support and give hugs.

swajj
16-03-18, 09:04
I’m not sure what your message is. And all I took from your post was that you have health anxiety but you are convinced your symptoms point to a serious disease. Not exactly something new considering where you are posting. :huh:

Beth28
16-03-18, 09:24
I’m not sure what your message is. And all I took from your post was that you have health anxiety but you are convinced your symptoms point to a serious disease. Not exactly something new considering where you are posting. :huh:

:) I think you misunderstand me. I am saying that we should be cautious. Think before speaking. Think about saying and not feed the anxiety. As regards to myself I am trying NOT to convince myself that I don't have an illness. That is why I decided not to take my friend's advice on deciding on a treatment before being diagnosed.

Fishmanpa
16-03-18, 11:28
I'm a bit confused too but looking at your previous thread I think I got it. One thing needs clarification. You mention telling your "daughter" but in the previous thread you said you " Never had children, over 50." :huh:

But if I'm getting this, you're saying to try and not feed your anxiety by going down the rabbit hole of googling etc.... "It's not cancer until they say it's cancer" is the mantra.

Hope all turns out well :)

Positive thoughts

Beth28
16-03-18, 11:38
[QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1775580]I'm a bit confused too but looking at your previous thread I think I got it. One thing needs clarification. You mention telling your "daughter" but in the previous thread you said you " Never had children, over 50." :huh:

But if I'm getting this, you're saying to try and not feed your anxiety by going down the rabbit hole of googling etc.... "It's not cancer until they say it's cancer" is the mantra.

"Daughter" is my cousin. I brought her up and she is like a daughter to me.

Yes. You are right Fishmanpa. Don't feed the anxiety and don't tell people might feed the anxiety

Thank for seeing the message through my morning mess up