PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure and anxiety symptoms

saintdee
16-03-18, 09:59
Hi all

I have been having this issue about my blood pressure readings for the last month and it’s become obsessive. I get a lot of readings between 128/77 to 141/94. But when I get the 141/94 I get worried which sets off my anxiety, I get a cold wave coming over me, tingling in my body, tense shakes, feel sick, scared. Then my blood pressure goes to 177/110!!!! I get even more fearful and all the physical symptoms seem to get stronger and then basically this anxiety and worry last for hours. But I then wake up next day and first thing on my mind is my blood pressure and the anxiety kicks in straight away and I’m faced with hour after hour of fear and everyone I slightly calm dine, my head then reminds me of the blood pressure readings and it all starts again and again!! The moment I go to put the blood pressure cuff on I feel this panic wash over me. I’m worried I’m about to have stroke or heart failure 😔 I can’t rationilse that I have had many low readings, I just focus on these high ones. I’m a mess 😢

Beth28
16-03-18, 10:26
I had an annual check up and mine went sky high 159/94. I am not over weight. I think. I exercise sporadically. But it went that high. Anxiety really does make your blood pressure go up and there are other symptoms that paired with blood pressure is a cause for concern. I know quite a few people with blood pressure and it changed the way they lived their lives. Trying not to stress, eating well, getting a good nights sleep, exercise. Choose your concern about your B/P to do something good for yourself. Maybe give the B/P monitor to the bin or a friend to keep. So you don't keep monitoring yourself.

nomorepanic
16-03-18, 10:55
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239