PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend vomited, is it Norovirus? Am I going to get it?

twofatslugs
16-03-18, 21:55
It's been a very long time since I last posted here. For the most part, I've conquered what fears I had, and realised that's what they were; just fears.

At the moment however, I'm concerned about Norovirus. My girlfriend spent around 5 hours today spewing up in the bog before feeling a little better and heading to bed. I'm really concerned that it was Norovirus, and that tonight I'm going to suffer the same fate.

I have an awful fear of vomiting; more specifically choking while vomiting hence the post and worry.

I wasn't in the same room when she vomited, and whatever surfaces she touched since symptoms arose I haven't been near. I've washed my hands straight after going into see her every time without fail.

If it is Noro, what are the chances I'll be catching it too? I know it's highly contagious and am very concerned. My other thought is that it could be food poisoning given that she ate chicken last night, and some 5 day old refrigerated chicken the night before.

Hope anyone can help alleviate the nerves

Fishmanpa
17-03-18, 00:33
Unfortunately, if she does have the virus, you'll just have to wait and see. Nothing you can do about it now.

Sorry I can't be more reassuring but that's the reality :shrug:

Hope you make out Ok...

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
17-03-18, 00:50
The only person who can alleviate your nerves is a medically trained person to be honest, nobody here can diagnose unfortunately. Even considering the odds, we don't know if you will catch this from your girlfriend sorry.

Cath.