PDA

View Full Version : Scary messages on Facebook

Orangedaisy
17-03-18, 00:17
Hi everyone, I’m panicking so much right now, I don’t know what to do. I got some really freaky messages on Facebook tonight, from a guy that has done this in the past but I’m too scared to block people incase they get angry and make posts about me on Facebook or something, possibly lying about me, and I wouldn’t be able to see it. The messages were weird, at first I was really freaked out and angry. I posted this on Facebook about it and then someone said it sounded like he was trying to help me in a spiritual way by ‘reflecting something’ or something like that. So I just tried to reply nicely and waited for him to stop which he did. This was a year ago. Tonight, he started spamming me with screenshots of those message from a year ago and that he’d sent them to this girl, who I think might be his girlfriend, and said something like ‘I feel like someone is trying to steal me from you’. I have NO idea why he would do that but I’m horrified. I’m freaking out like crazy. I have a boyfriend and I’m so scared he’s going to make it look like I was being flirtatious with him, which I honestly wasn’t and would never do. I couldn’t ever flirt with someone even if I was single because of my anxiety. He was just sending GIF after GIF of random things, pictures of God and then Satanic thsings, and then just random things, but it’s absolutely teriffied me. I blocked him straight away this time. Now I’m so scared that he’s going to make some sort of horrible posts about me on Facebook or make up lies about me. I’m scared about what he was sending pictures of my messages to people for.
I don’t know what to do, I hope no one minds me postIng this here

Bigboyuk
17-03-18, 00:51
Hi First up he should be reported via report post button (never go on FB so not sure but would say there is report post button on there) Glad you have blocked him :) if he does post bad messages then report him straight away he is probably doing these things to others, and stay off FB for while take a break that's my advice to you :) And of course we don't mind you posting, we are here to help ATB

meant2live
17-03-18, 01:25
If you’re worried about what your boyfriend would do, can’t you just tell him about this? Show him that you didn’t initiate this?

It’s good that you blocked him.

Orangedaisy
17-03-18, 08:59
If you’re worried about what your boyfriend would do, can’t you just tell him about this? Show him that you didn’t initiate this?

It’s good that you blocked him.

I’ve shown him now, he was at work at the time and I was worried the guy was going to send him messages making it look like I was flirting with him. But I’ve have shown him the messages now and he can see I wasn’t. I wasn’t really thinking rationally, sorry

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Hi First up he should be reported via report post button (never go on FB so not sure but would say there is report post button on there) Glad you have blocked him :) if he does post bad messages then report him straight away he is probably doing these things to others, and stay off FB for while take a break that's my advice to you :) And of course we don't mind you posting, we are here to help ATB

Thank you, I’ll definitely report him, I didn’t think about that! I’m definitely going to stay off Facebook from now on. Thank you for the advice

lior
17-03-18, 09:01
Unwanted messages can seem like an attack on our personal space.
I know the feeling... I've had someone who had stalking tendencies approach me via FB. Very scary. You don't know how far they'll go... I think that's the bit that pushes the anxiety button.

Bigboyuk
17-03-18, 09:57
I know the feeling... I've had someone who had stalking tendencies approach me via FB. Very scary. You don't know how far they'll go... I think that's the bit that pushes the anxiety button. Quite agree lior but it's not the anxiety button that should be pushed, the block and then report button should be pushed ;) ATB

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

I’ve shown him now, he was at work at the time and I was worried the guy was going to send him messages making it look like I was flirting with him. But I’ve have shown him the messages now and he can see I wasn’t. I wasn’t really thinking rationally, sorry

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

Thank you, I’ll definitely report him, I didn’t think about that! I’m definitely going to stay off Facebook from now on. Thank you for the advice You are welcome :) ATB

Orangedaisy
19-03-18, 18:53
I know the feeling... I've had someone who had stalking tendencies approach me via FB. Very scary. You don't know how far they'll go... I think that's the bit that pushes the anxiety button.

Definitely! The internet it really scary in that sense :( I think I’ll be staying off Facebook for a while

Scass
19-03-18, 19:08
Good idea to report & block.

But also, I highly doubt people would write bad things about you if you blocked them. I’ve recently blocked my own cousin because she was posting things that left me unsettled. It’s not worth your peace of mind.
Perhaps make yourself private too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigboyuk
19-03-18, 21:03
Good idea to report & block.

But also, I highly doubt people would write bad things about you if you blocked them. I’ve recently blocked my own cousin because she was posting things that left me unsettled. It’s not worth your peace of mind.
Perhaps make yourself private too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Agreed with your first bit but sorry to disappoint you Scass you cant highly doubt that FB is a big site and would say it happens quite s lot some of it unreported too, so Report,Block and Private to Orangedaisy:yesyes: ATB

martywilliams
22-03-18, 08:59
Harassment on the social media is simply unacceptable and tolerating it will only encourage the culprits, you need report the person asap so that he knows that he cant get away with it.