PDA

View Full Version : heart rate 160 beats per min while resting lasting around 45 mins

cozzolino123
17-03-18, 00:50
hi i have been quite unwell lately on and off,but monday evening was watching tv in bed,when my heart started fluttering i have had these quite often then the rythm goes back to normal after a few seconds but this didnt happen my heart was nearly coming out of my chest and my blood pressure was high and my heart beat was 160 beats per min it was very frightening,the only thing that made my heart go back to normal is when i drifted into sleep and then i jumped in my sleep then my heart beat went back to normal straight away it was very strange

peter34uk
23-03-18, 22:21
I would get yourself checked out to be safe

jessicalittler79
23-03-18, 22:41
Mine did this as I woke up this morning went to 177 it was scary but I’ve been checked , have you seen a doctor for it

ankietyjoe
23-03-18, 22:41
Do you already suffer with anxiety?

Also, how do you know your heart rate was at 160bpm?

jrcoleman
24-03-18, 04:41
When I get that way, sometimes coughing or burping helps bring it back in line. Sounds strange I know, but hey, whatever works. I have had the full workup and my heart is fine, sometimes the body just does strange things. Could be anxiety based, but as the other poster suggested, it couldn't hurt to get it checked out if you haven't already.

Pmrr
24-03-18, 13:20
I’m no doctor but I had similar symptoms in the past, I got checked out and was diagnosed with Supraventricular tachycardia. It’s not dangerous but can be scary. I would definitely recommend getting checked.