PDA

View Full Version : HA and depression after migraine with aura (1st time posting)

silver lining
18-03-18, 13:20
Hi this is my first time posting but I have been reading the forums for years.

I'll start with some backstory I have had general anxiety since I was around 13 years old I am now 30. I have always been able to cope in the past but as of late I'm finding it more and more difficult.

I have recently moved out of my parents house for the 1st time ever and have got a property with my long term partner which has been quite stressful altho it didn't feel like it at the time.

So last week Thursday I had returned home from work and sat down to relax and when I did I noticed a light, as if I had looked at a bright light and my vision had not adjusted but this object did now go it was jagged and pulsating and growing in size and it also felt as if my blind spot was increasing, it lasted around 30 mins in total and it really freaked me out and after I had a mild.headache nothing to bad but I did feel wiped after.

The day after I had a sight test as I work in optics and a friend of mine is a optometrist and she told me she could not see any problems and that it sounds like classic migraine with aura. After that I went to see my gp the same say told him everything I had experienced he took my bp and it was 140/80 he said it was ok altho after looking I seen that is classed as high blood pressure and to cut a long story short I'm having a massive stroke anxiety my doctor assures me everything is fine. But I'm finding it difficult to come to terms with that something like this can just happen out of the blue

I'm not active and i don't have the best diet but I'm normal weigh don't smoke and i dont drink has anyone else

cattia
18-03-18, 13:38
This happened to me for the first time about four years ago and it's happened once since. Like you, it was completely out of the blue and happened exactly the way you describe, in fact I could have written that myself. I have always suffered with migraines but never had an aura before and both times I had it, I didn't have a headache. I spoke to both my doctor and the optician and they both said it is classic migraine with aura. Since I have not had any trouble with this since, I guess they must be right!

silver lining
18-03-18, 13:44
Thank you it's always nice to know I'm not alone. But the anxiety is still a very difficult feeling to shake.

silver lining
18-03-18, 21:05
How have others dealt with this, how did you cope etch

Scass
18-03-18, 21:14
I had these aura migraines too. I had them only in the winter months for about 3-4 Years! They were very bizarre and usually set off by glare - bright artificial lighting. I found that I needed to sit quietly until it was gone, and I’d get the mild headache and feel wiped out. If I ignored the glare and carried on working, then I’d get it in both eyes & it would give me a worse headache as well as feeling poorly for 24 hours.

I took out harsh lighting above my desk at work, and that was about it.

Maybe keep a diary if you have anymore so you can pick up on any similarities.

You’ll be fine x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk