PDA

View Full Version : Small spot and pea sized lump on armpit

Rebecca10
18-03-18, 15:49
Hello

I’m posting here because once again I’ve found another symptom that’s bothering me.

In January whilst I was getting changed I noticed quite a large pus filled spot on my armpit - I tried squeezing it but it was too difficult to reach properly and only a little came out. So I left it and it went down slightly - since then I’ve been left with a small red looking spot on the outside but there’s also a small pea sized lump directly under the skin where it is.

It never really bothered me because I assumed it may be an ingrown hair but now I’m starting to get panicked because it’s been almost 3 months - it’s not gotten any bigger but it hasn’t gone away either and I’ve read about ingrown hairs that do go away after a few weeks. Also I can’t see any hair there. I’ve been putting warm compresses on it to see if it helps but I’m hoping to get to the doctors this week.

Just wondering if anyone else has or has had this and can help? I don’t want to panic too much it’s just the fact it’s still here after so long.
Thanks

LF87
18-03-18, 15:56
I had the same thing. My doctor checked it and said it was a superficial swelling from the ingrown hair plus the squeezing and poking!
X

Rebecca10
18-03-18, 16:01
Ok thank you for that - was yours there for quite a long time? It wouldn’t bother me were it not for the fact I have a lump under my skin that hasn’t gone away. But it’s not painful or anything.

LF87
18-03-18, 21:38
I had it a few weeks before I went to docs so yeah a while! Go get it checked but I bet it's the same situation X

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Also the pea thing I had was painless too x