PDA

View Full Version : Just want to feel like myself again...

SnapHappy
18-03-18, 18:31
Hi all,

So I'm guess I'm here because at the moment it feels like my brain and stomach (IBS) are a runaway train and I'm just along for the ride.

I've always been a fretful person, even as a child, but at least I was happy and had a sense of who I was. But I moved cities 4 years ago, lost a parental figure 1.5 years ago, and somewhere in amongst the madness I completed a Masters' Degree. Mental health issues and studying do NOT mix - I ended up getting counselling.

I want to get this anxiety thing under control, and reclaim my life again. I wouldn't say my GAD/SAD is severe, but it's enough for me to feel like I'm having some weird out-of-body experience with it all 50% of the time (and feeling terrified and having existential crises the other 50% of the time!).

Anyways! Looking forward to chatting around the forum!

SnapHappy x

venusbluejeans
18-03-18, 18:37
Hiya SnapHappy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: