PDA

View Full Version : I need some help but I don't know if need it!

JustBenn
18-03-18, 20:16
I don't feel me anymore I haven't been me since about 2015, haven't really noticed till about recently, I don't feel happy and cheery anymore. In 2015 I got caught up in an unrequated love situation with a best friend and it sort of messed me up big time, none of which are her fault. I no longer talk to her but I haven't recovered since and i s think about her everyday, sometimes I over think scenarios in my head about her over and over till it puts me in a bad mood, I just can't get out. I used to think This was normal and it's a part of being an adult and a part of greif. but this can't be right!!! Sometimes I just want to just be by myself and just sit there thinking about her and listening to sad music and think about her and I get irritated when my mum disturbs me from it.

I've been looking thru some old text messages and i used to be a hilarious guy and have very quick witted replies but fast forward 3 years, it takes me about 2 to 3 minutes to think of something to reply with, my brain just can't think anymore.

My head feels blank, empty, I feel dumb now, feels like there's an black void, no happiness just plain, and my thoughts are muddled up and disorganised when I talk to people in person, words don't come out right.

I've had health anxiety since 2010 but thay just comes and goes even a year goes by without worrying.

It's been so long that I don't even know what I'm experiencing is normal. All I know is, I've turned into a sensitive wuss where as in 2015, I wouldn't have better an eye lid about what I reply with or not.

Is this severe enough for any meds or not? I just need a bit of help. If not Citalapram but something more theriputic and less intense.

Fishmanpa
18-03-18, 20:19
Just the fact you recognize the change and are asking is evidence enough to speak to your doctor about it.

Positive thoughts

JustBenn
18-03-18, 20:22
I just dont feel like other people do. I have more miserable days than good and I don't know if I'm exaggerating but I've pushed people away because I feel like being alone because I'm not good enough to them and they will leave.

clarisse
18-03-18, 20:41
Def go see your Dr. If you don't want to take Meds maybe some Counselling could help you.

JustBenn
18-03-18, 20:53
Do you think this requires a doctor though?
I still get out of bed, I'm not a crying person

Fishmanpa
18-03-18, 21:04
Do you think this requires a doctor though?
I still get out of bed, I'm not a crying person

You need a medical professional to diagnose what by all means appears like depression and to prescribe medication as well as refer you for therapy.

Positive thoughts

JustBenn
18-03-18, 21:06
I read about first time seizures as side effect on citalapram. Which is putting me off that. Epilepsy is my number 1 fear.

Fishmanpa
18-03-18, 21:08
I read about first time seizures as side effect on citalapram. Which is putting me off that. Epilepsy is my number 1 fear.

You asked. You got an opinion. There are many medications to help with mental health issues. Do what you feel you need to.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

puzzledlass
19-03-18, 08:35
Go see your doctor.

Don’t compare yourself to others, everyone experiences things differently. Some people may cry and not get out of bed. Some people put on a smile, go to work and feel miserable the whole time.

The fact is YOU don’t feel okay and that doesn’t have to be the way things continue.

Things can and will get better. It may not seem like it right now but I promise, things can improve with professional help.

Solidarity fellow OCD sufferer (it sucks big time!)