PDA

View Full Version : Please help me- spiraling

Ethansmom
18-03-18, 22:07
Long story short. My doc took me off cymbalta cold turkey due to severe stomach pains. Was in it for maybe 7 weeks. Only last 10 days at a therapeutic dose. She switched me to Viibryd lose dose . I am having bought of dizziness ( brain zaps maybe?? , insomnia, and palpitations when sleeping. I feel my heart beating in my neck ( when sleeping ). I’m a mess . I think I’m ready to get off all meds. I can’t figure out of this is withdrawal or from starting a new med
What do I do? I do have klonopin to help me during this time, which I want to eventually get off as well. I think I’m just one of those people that can’t take Ssris/ SNRIs. Is it fair to just be honest with the psychiatrist and tell her I want him off of everything? The klonopin will be the last thing to get off of. I want to manage all of this with exercise , CBT, and meditation. I feel like I’ve been worse since starting meds. Never have I felt better . They all have side effects and now I fear I will have big problems getting of klonopin after 1 year of daily usage. Advice?? Would something like a beta blocker be more useful for anxiety?
Am I going going to have seizures from stopping cymbalta!!???

dimblonde
18-03-18, 22:25
I can’t advise about the withdrawal of the cymbalta but a beta blocker can help with anxiety yes and I believe they generally have less side effect than SSRI’s.

I’ve just started a low dose of propranolol and it’s helping me :)

Ethansmom
18-03-18, 22:54
How does your better blocker help? Does it stop the shaking and heart palpitations ?

nomorepanic
18-03-18, 23:12
There is info here on beta-blockers:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/medication

dimblonde
18-03-18, 23:13
Yes, beta blockers can actually be prescribed to help shakes and tremors.

It stops the constant adrenaline rushes I get that start the vicious circle of ectopic/anxiety/ectopic/anxiety.

However, beta blockers don’t help with the ‘mental’ side of things.

I’m pharmacophbic so I won’t take an ssri or anything like it and it took me weeks to build up to take the propranolol so I will take the fact I can only help relieve the physical side effects of anxiety for now while I battle through my other demons.

I suppose you’ll never know unless you speak to your gp to see if it’s an option for you.

Ethansmom
18-03-18, 23:33
Thank you! I did try better blockers for a week and they gave me a headache, perhaps it was unrelated as I was stressed out at the time

dimblonde
18-03-18, 23:39
Thank you! I did try better blockers for a week and they gave me a headache, perhaps it was unrelated as I was stressed out at the time

I had tension headaches for about 10 days which I think were a side effect but I persevered as I read that any side effects generally normalise as your body adjusts to the medication.

The only side effect I’m still having is a few vivid dreams. These were quite intense initially but I’m hoping another week or two and they’ll have virtually gone too.

Ethansmom
19-03-18, 01:38
Thank you! I'm hoping to try them again. I can't tolerate the other meds