PDA

View Full Version : Youngest has blisters on hand

deusvult
18-03-18, 23:51
Last Friday our youngest (11 months) developed two blisters on the back of his hand. Over the weekend the redness has gone down, but the blisters are still still there. He doesn't seem to be bothered by them, and he doesn't seem unwell otherwise.

He had a fairly deep cut on that hand last month, so my thoughts have been obsessing over herpetic whitlow which he will then gets in his eye (if you have seen my other posts, this is the sole focus of my anxiety).

Is this rational or irrational? I just don't know anymore. I just feel fated/doomed to have this illness affect my family.

Fishmanpa
18-03-18, 23:57
I just feel fated/doomed to have this illness affect my family.

I've looked at your threads. Is this because you have it and are afraid of passing it on? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

deusvult
19-03-18, 00:12
Yes, I have bog standard cold sores, but my concern is always that I will pass it on and my children will get it in a more debilitating form.

It would be worse if it was a direct result of my HA (being anxious causes me to break out in cold sores, which I pass onto my children, which they spread to their eyes).

I couldn't live with the guilt.

Fishmanpa
19-03-18, 00:54
(being anxious causes me to break out in cold sores).

2/3rds of the world's population has HSV1 and more than half have type two. Many have both. Use common sense and there are no worries.

Most of all, treat the reason you get outbreaks.

Positive thoughts

deusvult
19-03-18, 04:13
Thanks for the replies. It is much appreciated.

I have been seeing a psychiatrist who has given me medication to take which does help, except when there are situations like these when there are visible symptoms on my kids. Then I start spiraling out of control.

I do not have too much HA about myself, only my family.

jojo0328
21-03-18, 03:55
Do you have a pet? My son is 6 months old and developed red pustules on his hand after our dog licked him. A topical steroid cleared it up.

Emc
21-03-18, 05:12
It’s highly unlikely to be cold sore related. They only really develop on mucosal surfaces or sometimes with dermatitis. If it’s only a couple of blisters, isn’t spreading & he is otherwise well I highly doubt it’s anything to worry about.