PDA

View Full Version : Finger twitching.

roseanxiety
19-03-18, 16:37
I am at work and i am freaking out. My finger is twitching . I have been nervous all day and i noticed my right index finger is twitching every few seconds. Not when it’s occupied but when i rest it down. Anybody had this before? Could it be my anxiety?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nomorepanic
19-03-18, 19:59
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Carys
19-03-18, 20:57
No it might not be your anxiety...it is a normal reaction by a muscles/nerves within your finger to having been overused or stressed at some point. People always seem to get frantically worried about a muscle/finger/toe/eyelid that starts twitching suddenly, when this is such a common thing that everyone gets everyday. Of course stress (tensing of muscles and inflamming nerves)CAN cause twitches here and there, but so can a repetitive movement, a minor injury or just tiredness of the muscle. The body isn't 100 percent perfect functioning all the time, and every now and again little glitches happen. Give it some time and it will probably resolves itself.

BazB44
19-03-18, 22:24
today my middle finger on one hand twitched up and down. Usually finger twitches are side to side, right? mine was up and down, but fingers of mine have done it before in the past.

roseanxiety
20-03-18, 00:19
No it might not be your anxiety...it is a normal reaction by a muscles/nerves within your finger to having been overused or stressed at some point. People always seem to get frantically worried about a muscle/finger/toe/eyelid that starts twitching suddenly, when this is such a common thing that everyone gets everyday. Of course stress (tensing of muscles and inflamming nerves)CAN cause twitches here and there, but so can a repetitive movement, a minor injury or just tiredness of the muscle. The body isn't 100 percent perfect functioning all the time, and every now and again little glitches happen. Give it some time and it will probably resolves itself.

Thank you for this . I need to be reminded that every little thing is not a symptom of something dire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk