PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Myocarditis Is Back

Ronan23
19-03-18, 20:34
Honestly, I don't think I can go on like this anymore. My myocarditis fear is back. I had a mild upper respiratory viral illness which began roughly 15 days ago and subsided about 7 days ago. For the last 11 days, all I have thought about during my waking life is myocarditis and the fact I might drop dead any minute.

I went to ER 9 days ago and had an ECG, and I had my troponin levels checked; both were fine. But even that didn't reassure me much because my thought process is that 9 days ago, the virus wasn't attacking my heart, but it is now, and I could drop dead any minute or die in my sleep.

I feel out of breath today, which has convinced me that my heart is failing. I'm 27 years old, and this is just no way to live life. I'm not sure if anyone has advice but I need to post this. I might be better off dead anyway, just to get rid of this constant fear.

nosrednanagem
20-03-18, 00:30
My mom has medicine induced myocarditis right now. She literally can’t walk two feet without being extremely short of breath. The chances of you having it from just a cold is slim to none.