PDA

View Full Version : HA going to far

Pages : [1] 2

unsure_about_this
20-03-18, 14:24
I done good with not googling, even though we are not GPs on here, I still get conerns and don't trust the GPs about the cysts around the epdidmyis? last year, last three-five I been concerned I have testicle cancer and many other types of cancers.

I am making my testicles hurt by checking too much

I am scared every pain, ache, bump etc , worried about neck pain, and habits of checking my poop colour again, even though I do sit down a lot hearing stories in the news does not help.

I am eating okay and have put on a pound in weight. is that good or bad.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

I am scared that this could be advanced cancer, even though it is less likely , I am probbaly making me self ache with poking.

ServerError
20-03-18, 14:44
If you don't trust the doctors, who will you trust?

unsure_about_this
20-03-18, 17:08
I'm struggle to trust doctors, I am scared that every ache and pain in my body is bad, it's making me feel ill, I am seeing someone on Friday. worried about my arm and legs pain, hip, stomach pain, even though it mild,

venusbluejeans
20-03-18, 17:24
sort of the same question as ServerError Phil?......... you struggle to believe the drs who have years of training and experience... but will believe us on the forum if we tell you things?

unsure_about_this
20-03-18, 23:10
I'm wanting to get help with this anxiety again, the more I check myself the more I think something is wrong, and making my self ache and causing pains and aches, I was fine up to the last week a so.

I think my problem is l need to the listen to the GP and believe who I see more. I done well went last November for needles/jabs which I should have done two years ago, we were unware. but we did not get sick.

Akoto
20-03-18, 23:28
I'm struggle to trust doctors, I am scared that every ache and pain in my body is bad, it's making me feel ill, I am seeing someone on Friday. worried about my arm and legs pain, hip, stomach pain, even though it mild,

I know it's really hard to give a doctor your trust when you have health anxiety. You're convinced something bad is going on, and it can be hard to trust even an expert. But, you have to try and give them a chance. Give them your trust as best you can and some time to help you.

I've just recently been through the same thing. I tortured myself mentally for over a month about a health problem, thinking it was three horrible things. He ruled out one thing right away, he's almost certain another isn't going on, and the last thing isn't actually so bad. All of that obsessive worry and self-torture ended up being for nothing.

So, try and give it time, and try not to sweat the small stuff. Bodies do weird things, and we health anxiety people tend to be hyper-attentive to everything we feel.

If time goes by and you feel like your doctor still isn't for you, then maybe try another one. Sometimes it takes a try or two to find the right doctor for you.

EDIT: And yes, please do get help from a psychiatrist for your anxiety. It can make such a difference in your life!

unsure_about_this
21-03-18, 12:26
Thanks for the help

I am worried about my urine now, I thought I saw brown/red when I was pee this morning, but water did not turn colour in bowl, I am scared with my urine going down the bowl, looked weird I am scared this is bladder cancer kidney cancer etc, even though I have yearly urine test done due to my health, and had kidneys checked out when I was going through my bowel cancer worries in 2012/2013.

unsure_about_this
21-03-18, 18:49
I did not eat much for dinner because I am worried, I talked to my parents about my worries and both said I am okay, fine, or nothing wrong with me. I am scared that I may have cancer. there has been a lot of changes in the GPs at the pratice I attend,
It was my urine this morning, I thought I saw red this morning, but the water did not changed colour, I know this was my first urine of the day, sometimes I hold it in which is not very good. I am scared I have either testicle, kidney or bladder cancer or testicle, kidney and bladder failure, I know urine can be darker in the morning first thing.
I am not googling because that is bad.

Akoto
21-03-18, 19:33
Googling is definitely bad, so you're smart not to be doing that!

It is 100% common for your first urination of the day to be darker than the rest. It sits in your bladder all night, so it becomes concentrated and takes on a darker color. The rest will usually be lighter if you're drinking enough fluids.

My chronic pelvic pain issue, which I really do have, was a longtime cause got anxiety about cancer in all the places you mention. After a while, I began trusting my doctors that I had no cancer, and I got on with life. So, I can speak from a lot of personal experience there.

If nothing looked odd in the bowl, you don't need to be freaked out about maybe having seen red yet. See if it happens again. Or, go to your doctor first and be reassured. At worst, they'll probably do a simple urinalysis to make sure there's no infection or anything like that going on.

unsure_about_this
22-03-18, 15:10
I tried to get an appointment to the GP I am scared I have cancer, but no appoinments for a few weeks, I feel like I am failure for not being too pushy to get an appoinment sooner, I am scared I am dying with pains, feeling sick, and worried about my testicles even though there feel smooth to me, I can feel tubes and junk. but I am scared. I feel like this in the end.

I know cancer is rare, but why symptoms., I felt sick yesterday afternoon, with looking at my urine when I thought I saw red, I don't know whether my eyes were playing tricks, but I am 99% sure I saw a bit of red, even though I did not see red in the bowl,

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Even trying to get onto the group thing I was on a few years ago, I am scared I have something serious wrong

Even reading through the nhs health anxiety booklet online self help guide, some of it does not help me, about numbers of times checking, asking others.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

I'm starting that thing against next week, I am still very worried about my health and how I am feeling, I am scared it is bad, aches are not normal, my parents keep saying there is nothing wrong with me.

Emc
22-03-18, 17:03
Ok try to breathe...
it is highly unlikely that you have multiple types of cancer & the fact that you’re worried about so many is almost proof that you don’t have cancer at all.
Putting on weight is good - if you had advanced cancer you would be losing weight.
Thinking you might have seen red in your urine is not the same as definitely having blood in your urine & even if it was blood it’s still highly unlikely to be due to cancer.
Constant checking & poking will definitely cause more aches & pains & definitely increase your anxiety levels.
I really think you need some psychiatric help rather than physical. X

unsure_about_this
22-03-18, 18:01
Thanks
I been eating okay, but still feel ill

Ascetic
22-03-18, 19:55
Are there any activities that you enjoy doing that make time fly by? I've had similar concerns as you and find that my symptoms suddenly vanish when I am deeply focused on something I love to do - whether it's a video game, a sport, or a good book. When I find myself doing these things and find myself finally feeling "normal", I reflect on the moment and realize that if so many of the symptoms leave as I no longer pay attention to them, then those symptoms must be manifestations of the attention itself.

Maybe this will help! It is very difficult. Have you seen a therapist or psychologist? I have done that, and found it very helpful.

unsure_about_this
22-03-18, 21:39
Thank you for your response.

Gaming, going to watch the football/soccer but that only when we play at home, I am trying to get a GP appointment to rule out testicle cancer for me and get another ultrasound to prove nothing wrong. I have seen cbt, therapist in the past but he talked me out going to GP a few times, saying it is more likely this or that, instead of cancer, did not help me, thanks,

I am trying my best but I think I am have some wrong, with aches and pains symptoms but these are on and off, not there 24/7

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

It just that back pain as well, cannot be normal all the time, I felt fine properly up to yesterday, I may have eaten something with disagree with me, parents are worried at me, I am scared I am dying and have told them that, I worry every symptom is bad, my brain works differently.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

Also worries about my hip pains, these are own and off, I am too focus on my symptoms that everything is bad, maybe I need to eat more so I don't feel sick,

unsure_about_this
23-03-18, 08:01
I am scared that I have cancer, with my symptoms, my mum said don't be so stupid. I am trying to get into GP. I ate breakfast okay, worried about my foot pains

Elen
23-03-18, 08:34
I have seen cbt, therapist in the past but he talked me out going to GP a few times, saying it is more likely this or that, instead of cancer, did not help me, thanks

Phil you have said yourself that you get an ache and you automatically think cancer. This gets to be a habit and a totally ingrained.

It sounds like that behavior was what your therapist was trying to break.

Logically if you poke and prod and area it is going to become sore, that is not cancer.

Likewise anxiety can affect your appetite, that is not cancer.

You have been on this merry go round for a long time, have you ever been right before, if not why would this time be any different.

Your Mum is right, going to the GP only seems to help you for a very short time before you start to worry again.

Did you get worksheets from your CBT, is this something your Mum could work through with you?

I really hope that they can find you some therapy that really works for you, it must be hell jumping from one thing to another.

tc Elen

Bigboyuk
23-03-18, 11:53
Phil I see someone that is spiralling out of control and good on you for not Googling any more well done :) Yes I know what it's like to try and get a quick appointment (same day) with my surgery you have to call each morning at 8:30 to be seen the same day it's no use ringing after 9 for a appointment the next day you have to be up at 8:30 every day to be seen that day, not sure how it works in your area, so call on Monday and say you cant go on like this with your HA as it getting out of control make it clear you need to see your dr on this and get back in to therapy ATB

unsure_about_this
23-03-18, 12:19
Many thanks for reading.

The appointments online to book appoinments get released at 7.30am/9.00pm at night, Phone calls hard to get through.

I am getting a phone call Wednesday, as I worried about my cysts on my testicles that something has changed, and fear it could be cancer, my mind thinking I may have advanced cancer because of the aches and how I am feeling.

I am seeing some in a couple of weeks time, as I was talking to someone who is helping my find work, an advisor, I told him I was worried I have the big c. so I been referred to one of their coaches to see whether she can help me.

It is hell for me and my parents,

I just feel every ache and pain is cancer.

The only time I been right about something when I had a tooth abcess, dentist gave me x-ray I had a tooth abcess.

Bigboyuk
23-03-18, 12:40
Many thanks for reading.

The appointments online to book appoinments get released at 7.30am/9.00pm at night, Phone calls hard to get through.

I am getting a phone call Wednesday, as I worried about my cysts on my testicles that something has changed, and fear it could be cancer, my mind thinking I may have advanced cancer because of the aches and how I am feeling.

I am seeing some in a couple of weeks time, as I was talking to someone who is helping my find work, an advisor, I told him I was worried I have the big c. so I been referred to one of their coaches to see whether she can help me.

It is hell for me and my parents,

I just feel every ache and pain is cancer.

The only time I been right about something when I had a tooth abcess, dentist gave me x-ray I had a tooth abcess. Yes I get that I bet the line is engaged most of the time this may work. when its engaged use the number 5 on your phone it will then call you back automatically when the line is free :) I wlll say this once as reassurance is bad for HA'ers your pain is caused simply by prodding all the time that's it nothing more so stop this. It's good that one of the coaches is going to try and help but have they dealt with HA sufferers you need to ask this so do let us know how you get on ATB

unsure_about_this
23-03-18, 12:52
As for my worksheets I did not get many, but he gave me a few techniques to try when I did CBT, she says that all cbt coaches have different techinques, more looking at my urine going into the bowl, maybe if I sat down to go it will make me feel better, but I am poay more attention to my urine whether I am seeing blood when I pee, even though the water never turns red, dark in the morning as that is normal for me.
Its a never ending worry for me,

unsure_about_this
23-03-18, 16:07
Thanks for the links

I told my the person who was helping me find work, I don't see the coach to the 13th April, concerns why do I feel tired, not like I want to sleep during the day, concerns about why I am feeling sick/nausea my mind says cancer, even though I have not thrown up since I was 11.

Elen
23-03-18, 16:28
Phil you are not listening hun

This is your HA talking and that is not cancer either

Perhaps you should show your Mum and Dad see this post and perhaps they can help you to work through your worries

Ross_Hep
24-03-18, 01:12
Hi unsure_about_this. I went through a similar phase a few years ago. I felt that my right testicle felt fatty (epididymitis), and I also felt a small hard lump on my right testicle that moved around when I tried to locate it. Of course, my HA sent me into overdrive and I immediately got this examined by a doctor. I was told I was fine, but as you will know as a HA sufferer, reassurance is only short-term, and the constant fixation and worrying continued. I had two further examinations, and was offered an ultrasound scan at the hospital. It turned out that I have a harmless cyst (the small hard lump) on my right testicle. It’s so easy to associate lumps anywhere on the body with cancer. You need to trust the ultrasound scan - if there was a problem, the ultrasound would show it. And try to avoid prodding the area you are worried about (I know this is extremely difficult when you are worried about a specific symptom), I have made myself sore from doing the same thing, which only aggravates your anxiety as you are causing yourself pain in doing so. I hope you can start to trust the results of your ultrasound. You’re not alone! Best wishes, Ross.

unsure_about_this
24-03-18, 12:14
Hi Elen,

I am trying my best to talk to my parents through my worries.

My parents know I worry about my health a lot, that every time I get a symptom, ache and pain, bump etc I panic thinking I got cancer and whether because I feel full , struggling to eat quickly means I have cancer. I know I need serious help.

II did go for a walk today, still have plenty of energy as I walking quite fast. Yesterday I walked up 10th floor (there were a lot of flight of steps). I had to stop once or twice on the way.

I am paying more and more attenion when wee what colour I am weeing because I am very worried I saw blood whilst wee, because it stopped after the first couple of drops. but water did not turn bright red. I know when I go the GP after the phone call

Ross thanks for your help, I made one sore with red marks on skin of scotrum/testicle because I press too much around the tubes etc. I should believe my ultrasounds I been for two in the last two years. My cysts are around the epididymitis I got tw.

unsure_about_this
24-03-18, 17:34
I just got weight the scales we have at home, says I have lost weight I am scared that means I have cancer, even though I tried twice using the scales today with two different reads of 1 kg each. my Dad says I not been eating much the last couple of days, I never had a big appetite, I am worried about my health. Even with my mum she goes to weight watchers and the scales are out for her at home, and accurate at the place she goes. My clothes are not hanging off me or slipping down.

I have to wait to Wednesday to talk to the gp on the phone, I am scared I have something going on in my body and I am dying.

Bigboyuk
24-03-18, 17:55
I just got weight the scales we have at home, says I have lost weight I am scared that means I have cancer, even though I tried twice using the scales today with two different reads of 1 kg each. my Dad says I not been eating much the last couple of days, I never had a big appetite, I am worried about my health. Even with my mum she goes to weight watchers and the scales are out for her at home, and accurate at the place she goes. My clothes are not hanging off me or slipping down.

I have to wait to Wednesday to talk to the gp on the phone, I am scared I have something going on in my body and I am dying. Logically this would be telling me I aren't eating enough so suggest that's what it is for you you need to tackle your HA now before it drives you mad there is no shame speaking to your dr about it :)

unsure_about_this
24-03-18, 18:25
Thanks
I dont think our scales are accurate as the scales said I have put on weight a few weeks ago. but it does worried me with todays reading, that something serious could be going on inside me like the big c, with my aches and pains even though these are mild/faint I am going to be speaking to GP, I am scared I am dying.

Bigboyuk
24-03-18, 19:25
Thanks
I dont think our scales are accurate as the scales said I have put on weight a few weeks ago. but it does worried me with todays reading, that something serious could be going on inside me like the big c, with my aches and pains even though these are mild/faint I am going to be speaking to GP, I am scared I am dying. If you don't think your scales are accurate then they aren't going to be accuarate the nest time you step on them :) Again this your HA convincing you that you have the big C iam glad you are going to speak to your dr don't forget to mention your HA too;) ATB

unsure_about_this
24-03-18, 22:35
Thanks
Well I managed to eat dinner tonight, just scared what the scales said, surely I have not lost that much weight if I have lost weight,

I don't know who is phoning us up Wednesday, I probably have to see a GP before being referred for an ultrasound of my testicles. I will mention my HA to him. that I am worried I may/have got cancer a lot. Even pain ache no matter how small, feeling, feel sick whether that is because I'm anxious of the big c which I worry I have got.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

My mind is all over the place at the moment, with the scales whether I lost weight, it is true anxiety can cause weight loss, I have been putting alot of energy into worried the last couple of days/week, I just scared that my weight loss if I lost any is the big c, trying my best to calm down. and signs like aches pains I get are just normal , i kept thinking this could be a secondary cancer or primary cancer,

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

I even got my mum to look at my urine in the bowl when I finished today, because I will freaking about about my urine colour. I panic about everything, I had my urine checked last year because I have NF. and bloods test, this had to be re- done as my white cells were a bit high, but I had cold and was normal the 2nd time.

unsure_about_this
25-03-18, 14:06
I ate breakfast okay today, I can't wait to hear from the GP, I worry to much about every symptom I get and think the worst, I wont be using the scales again as I am scared that I have lost weight, and think that this is cancer.

I can walk okay still, pick up items with my hands

Not long to I get help, but scared every symptom I am getitng is cancer and advanced

I am not coping I think something serious wrong with me, with every symptom,

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Sorry for venting so much lately, I just panic about every symptom I have, i ate lunch okay had to take a small break as I was scared I was going to the sick , I fear every symptom,ache etc is cancer spreading.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

now jumping to whether I got any kidney stones, with having I am feeling as well.

Bigboyuk
25-03-18, 14:54
Please stop this now you are spiralling out of control so talk to your dr about specifically your HA as this is the only cause of your problems once you start tackling this you will feel better for sure :) ATB

unsure_about_this
25-03-18, 21:01
Thanks for your support.

I am just more focus on my testicles how much there ride up which makes it harder for me to keep checking for lumps which makes me worried, I do check them in the bath when the testicle muscle is more relax and hangs down more.

I will talk to my GP when he phones up, my Dad will have a word with him also, I am scared I have a cancer

BazB44
25-03-18, 21:04
that's normal for guys to have one hang. and I also have a cyst on one, but doctor said its nothing bad.

unsure_about_this
25-03-18, 22:25
that's normal for guys to have one hang. and I also have a cyst on one, but doctor said its nothing bad.

Thanks. I have two relating to the epdidymis sp? proven to me be two seperate ultrasounds in 2016 and 2017.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

my HA is getting out of control,

I managed to finish quite a lot of dinner tonight, sometimes I feel like I am going to be sick, but never have done last time was when I was 11 on a Saturday and even though we should have not done as my Dad threw up twice that day, we went to the football the next day,

My parents are trying their hardest to tell me nothing wrong with me as I will know if I got something serious wrong with me, and they would know,

My Dad thought I wanted to see a nurse how to put on weigtht, not about my cysts what I think has changed, he knows about the course I am on, and being in touch with someone on the 13th,

unsure_about_this
26-03-18, 12:30
I am trying my best, I ate well for breakfast, and went for a walk,

I am still very scared I got something serious wrong with me like cancer, I am sorry I keep going on about it. I am trying not to poke things as much. I am making myself ill with feeling sick by worrying and not eating, I can keep my food down my okay.
I'm spiralling out of control with my worries.

I only known one person family wise and that was last year or year before who found out she had breast cancer caught it early stage 1 being a nurse was testing something new in the department she works for, she had the treatment where you don't lose your hair,

Bigboyuk
26-03-18, 13:16
The last few posts from you clearly state you are spiralling out of control with your HA and cancer seems likely I aren't going to say what needs to be done as you already know what to do :) ATB

unsure_about_this
26-03-18, 16:41
I need to phone them up, and get things moving, I making them feeling harder and ache more because I am doing it too much and being too rough felt better in the bath. I am scared testicle cancer still.

thanks. I am talking to my parents about my worrie.s

Bigboyuk
26-03-18, 16:58
I need to phone them up, and get things moving, I making them feeling harder and ache more because I am doing it too much and being too rough felt better in the bath. I am scared testicle cancer still.

thanks. I am talking to my parents about my worrie.s You need to stop checking and prodding them seriously no wonder they are tender. Yes let us know how you get on. :) ATB

pulisa
26-03-18, 20:40

thanks. I am talking to my parents about my worrie.s

It's really important that you keep talking to your parents about how terrified you are of cancer and how you associate pain with cancer. I always talk with my daughter who has ASD about her overwhelming fears. Maybe your parents don't understand just how terrified you are-it's essential that they appreciate how badly you are affected by HA and maybe then they could help you to get some appropriate therapy which may be more effective than just standard CBT.

unsure_about_this
26-03-18, 22:33
Had a chat with my parents, My Dad told me to stop getting worked up about it, and wait to Wednesday for phone call to get scan booked. he had a blood test result back and doctor wanted to see him, he did not get worked up about it. I think my parents are concerned about my HA, trying to calm me down.
This does not make me feel better. I hate having HA

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:29 ----------

I am deeply worried, and I am panicing more. because I cannot get an earlier appointment. my Dad said I wont died within two days.

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

I am still not coping after the chat. Dad keep saying nothing will changed in two minutes, two days. etc.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

I can't stop worrying.

unsure_about_this
27-03-18, 11:42
Thanks for your advice pulisa
Not even going to been talking about my worries to my parents today.,

I am trying my best,

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 ----------

The thing is I panic myself to much, its draining me.

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

I am getting very worried now,

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

I am making myself feel very ill, with worry and keep checking.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

It is affecting my eating,, how much I am eating, thinking and being scared I have cancer even though I have two ultrasounds over the last two years and just cysts were fine, the more I am checking the more I worry that it is cancer, and I know tc is rare, I am 34.
I don't know what to to any more I am still trying to push for scans, getting cbt, etc,

Bigboyuk
27-03-18, 11:53
You are going have to keep on at the dr's tell them you need a urgent appointment as you HA is now out of control. do you have a patient liason service attached to your surgery who can help? Also talk to your local Mind office

unsure_about_this
27-03-18, 17:53
I been on the site, I don't think we have a liason service, I also worried about me feeling full and nausea but have been worried about my health, whether this is cancer or not, as I take a break during meals. I am eating the same amount of food.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Thanks for your help

unsure_about_this
28-03-18, 15:26
My Dad asked me how often I check myself, he says I will make myself sore (like everyone else have said) He only checks himself once every three months. My Dad understands I am worried,

I still worrying whether I have a serious problem

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Waiting for phonecall soon, hopefully the scan will put my mind at ease, I have serious health issues and worries which I need to get sorted, hopefully after seeing the person on the 13th will help.

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

I got appointment to see someone on the 9th at the GP. I been told not to check myself too much, make it tender, it mainly hard lumps their are bothered about, I got two cysts on my notes one 3cm big and one smaller.

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

one is slightly bigger than the other, which it has been always.

my dad had a word with the erson who phoned.

she asked me my worries. when did it come on, start

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

My Dad also mention about my weight and both my parents are concerned about how much weight i am compared to my height.

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

So I think things are moving on slowly, the gp will have a look for me to show my nothing is wrong, I am still scared its cancer, even though there is a lot of junk in the trunk

Bigboyuk
28-03-18, 15:37
Well glad to hear things are moving in the right direction for you! Trust your dr when he gives you the ALL clear after all the years training they do know what's what :) Let us know what happens ATB

unsure_about_this
28-03-18, 17:02
I will. I think I have made the tubes feel very sore and ache as well whic is not toogood
w

Bigboyuk
28-03-18, 17:33
I will. I think I have made the tubes feel very sore and ache as well whic is not toogood
wGood that's the only way >>>>>>>> forward on this, Also no more prodding or squeezing :) ATB

unsure_about_this
28-03-18, 21:28
I'm writing notes down, I'm playing with a rubber band,

I am trying not to probbing them or squeeze them but I am still scared,

unsure_about_this
29-03-18, 16:13
I went for a group session today, to help with my anxiety, did not get very far, I am still very worried about my testicles, I keep thinking I can feel things which are not meant to there, but should be there

Bigboyuk
29-03-18, 16:29
I went for a group session today, to help with my anxiety, did not get very far, I am still very worried about my testicles, I keep thinking I can feel things which are not meant to there, but should be there Good was this your first session? Give it time and STOP checking your testicles You haven't got cancer, I take it you are only quite young like in your early 20's? ATB

unsure_about_this
29-03-18, 16:34
Good was this your first session? Give it time and STOP checking your testicles You haven't got cancer, I take it you are only quite young like in your early 20's? ATB

Early 30s. going to 35 year this year. I had a chat with one the group leaders on their own as he saw me looking out the window at break. We can say what we want within reason and everything is confidentiality within the group unless someone wants to self harm themselves.

Bigboyuk
29-03-18, 16:40
Early 30s. going to 35 year this year. I had a chat with one the group leaders on their own as he saw me looking out the window at break. We can say what we want within reason and everything is confidentiality within the group unless someone wants to self harm themselves. So what's his take on this when he spoke to you? Keep going to the groups and trust what the leader and the rest of the group tells you :) ATB

unsure_about_this
29-03-18, 16:45
He says I got OCD. by keep checking, he asked me whether there was anything in the papers or someone in the family who had the big c. I did not say much for the first meeting. we had someone in the family who had the big c but breast she caught it very early being a nurse as her department was testing a new way to find it.

Bigboyuk
29-03-18, 16:48
He says I got OCD. be keep checking, he asked me whether there was anything in the papers or someone in the family who had the big c. I did not say much for the first meeting. Yeah he is right it's a typical OCD trait to keep checking wether it's body parts etc or if your hands are clean after 10 times of washing them, so now tell your dr you want help for your OCD issues this will be in the form of CBT therapy so get that sorted too :) ATB

unsure_about_this
29-03-18, 16:59
I did have problems in the past with washing hands,

Bigboyuk
29-03-18, 17:35
I did have problems in the past with washing hands, Checking your testicles is no different so how did you get round the OTT washing of your hands? ATB

unsure_about_this
29-03-18, 17:37
I got myself sorted out making a sandwich that where the problem was, so instead of washing my hands preparing and making myself sandwich took 10 times before eating. I layed out the stuff so I only had to do it once when prepaing my food.

unsure_about_this
30-03-18, 10:05
I woke up okay today, but now I am still worried about my testicles, I had lots of exams at the gp, I had two ultrasounds once in 2016 and 2017 which showed no serious problems just these cysts one of each. I am scared I have a problem down there now because I am worried about every bump i feel down there
I keep getting bad thoughts everything is the big c, even though there are tubes, cord etc
I am eating okay,

Bigboyuk
30-03-18, 10:14
Right this is the last time I am saying this (it's obvious to me and others) You HA condition is doing you no favours sure you are going to a group for help, when do you start your CBT therapy? Do you have any interests and friends outside of the forum? Fill your time and empty your mind. You Have NOT Got Cancer! Do You Understand what I am saying...... ATB

unsure_about_this
30-03-18, 10:20
Right this is the last time I am saying this (it's obvious to me and others) You HA condition is doing you no favours sure you are going to a group for help, when do you start your CBT therapy? Do you have any interests and friends outside of the forum? Fill your time and empty your mind. You Have NOT Got Cancer! Do You Understand what I am saying...... ATB

Yes I do, I enjoy playing video games and going to the footie off there this afternoon. and next Saturday. I got a bit of something to look forward to I am becoming an uncle in October.

CBT I need to speak to the GP not seeing him to the 9th April.

Bigboyuk
30-03-18, 11:15
Yes I do, I enjoy playing video games and going to the footie off there this afternoon. and next Saturday. I got a bit of something to look forward to I am becoming an uncle in October.

CBT I need to speak to the GP not seeing him to the 9th April.Cool so do you just watch or play footie? I used to be quite keen on video games, but not so much now lol and congrats on going to be a uncle, now that will keep you busy :yesyes: I hope you manage to say what you need to say to your dr on the 9th April too, keep us updated and good luck :) ATB

unsure_about_this
30-03-18, 11:35
Cool so do you just watch or play footie? I used to be quite keen on video games, but not so much now lol and congrats on going to be a uncle, now that will keep you busy :yesyes: I hope you manage to say what you need to say to your dr on the 9th April too, keep us updated and good luck :) ATB

I go and watch it, season ticket holder but don't go to away games, thanks for cograts I don't know what she having yet apart from a baby I prefer to be surprised, I will do my bestm Dad going down with me, so after he done the check for me, my Dad may want a chat with the GP on his own.

unsure_about_this
31-03-18, 21:59
Welll my team won yesterday but I was robbed out of £22 on the betting. but a 4-1 win was not expected, so hopefully that win will keep us in the championship.

my nervous and worries have not gone down, I going to get inflamed down there with the little tubes connect from one of the testicles because I can twist it round and keep playing with it,. It is causing problems in the family (my parents)
I know it was important but the full monty on ITV with prostate cancer, and testicle cancer I did not watch it all, i did not watch the womens I be worried about getting breast cancer, I know John Hartson left it very late

If I had a problem my testicles and bag would get bigger.

I thought with two ultrasounds one in 2016 and 2017 and what the gp told me the results were from my scans of cysts. but I keep feeling things

unsure_about_this
01-04-18, 14:24
I am still very worried still, about my testicles
that the tubes etc I am feeliing I feel are tumors and I cannot feel the same on the other as much, testicle dont feel hard

I would guess if the testicle cancer the testicle would get bigger. I am just concerned every bump etc I am feel is cancer.

I am in a nervous wreak still.

Cannot see any lumps on the skin

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 ----------

Still very scared, stiill getting bad thoughts. I am still writing notes and playing with rubber band.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

I was panic a bit in the bath because one of the testicle went a werird shape, it usually happens when I am asleep one goes a bit weird, doctors have never asked about shape, well the skin in the scrotrum went weird.

Matilda_H
01-04-18, 15:39
Testicular cancer forms on the body of the testicle rather than the tubes. If you keep trying to feel lumps you're going to irritate things and potentially cause yourself pain and swelling which will make your anxiety worse.

This is your anxiety wreaking havoc on your sense of perception. I know it's difficult to try and shut it off or put it to the back of your mind but you've just got to try.

Have you been to see your doctor? If so, what did they say?

unsure_about_this
01-04-18, 15:44
Testicular cancer forms on the body of the testicle rather than the tubes. If you keep trying to feel lumps you're going to irritate things and potentially cause yourself pain and swelling which will make your anxiety worse.

This is your anxiety wreaking havoc on your sense of perception. I know it's difficult to try and shut it off or put it to the back of your mind but you've just got to try.

Have you been to see your doctor? If so, what did they say?

I going on the 9th April, thhanks foryour comments

Matilda_H
01-04-18, 16:03
I going on the 9th April, thhanks foryour comments

Ah, well i'm sure your doctor will help put your mind at ease then. :)

unsure_about_this
01-04-18, 18:52
I am also worried about nausea whether this is brain tumor,, even though this more likely my anxiety is affecting me.

unsure_about_this
02-04-18, 16:09
I worrying about my tickly cough whether this bad or normal. I will tell the gp everything I am worried about when I see him, I going to feel sorry for him.

---------- Post added at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

I just keep getting bad thoughts in my head that it serious every bump, lump, tubing etc is the big c, and symptoms.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

Testicular Torsion is a worry for me as well

unsure_about_this
02-04-18, 16:50
I am hitting rock bottom, I did have a nice strawberry smootie with raspberries, yoghurt and milk today. I thnk it because I have cysts and getting more and more scare I have a change. This thread does not mean any disrepect to anyone who has/had cancer or know people who had cancer/has cancer

You would have thought two scans in 2016 and 2017 would have been fine, I dont think the gp who phoned me helped me and she could not check my balls over the ephone.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

No visible lumps on testicle/scrotum

unsure_about_this
03-04-18, 09:01
I am learning not to do it to much as I have given myself hip pain everytime I check my testicle/tubes

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 09:22
Hi You are though still checking way too often, there has to a be a balance, say once a month Get some new hobbies to distract you do you have any friends to mix with?

unsure_about_this
03-04-18, 09:26
Hi You are though still checking way too often, there has to a be a balance, say once a month Get some new hobbies to distract you do you have any friends to mix with?

Not many friends. I don't know the people too well yet who goes to the self help group, there maybe one or two people I would hang around with, who are older.

I did enjoy making the smoothie yesterday, aiming for three per week.

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 09:46
Not many friends. I don't know the people too well yet who goes to the self help group, there maybe one or two people I would hang around with, who are older.

I did enjoy making the smoothie yesterday, aiming for three per week. Same for me on that score, I will say give it time in the self help group and think positive :) well that's a good start making that smoothie, was it good!! Well it's good to see you are setting a goal (doesn't matter how small it is, or what it is, it's still a goal ;) ) Well done mate. ATB

unsure_about_this
03-04-18, 14:06
Same for me on that score, I will say give it time in the self help group and think positive :) well that's a good start making that smoothie, was it good!! Well it's good to see you are setting a goal (doesn't matter how small it is, or what it is, it's still a goal ;) ) Well done mate. ATB

Thanks it was good me and my Dad still expeirmenting, my Mum can't have them as she doing weight watchers and does not want to have many sin points. we tried it was raspberries, strawberries, we put less yoghurt and milk in this time, last week we put for too much yoghurt in and banana.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

I have really done it now, my Dad wanted to move out because he is fed up with me and my mum aruging about my health anxiety, I am scared.

I am trying to eat and drink. He asked my back pain he says it because I spend too much time on the computer, my mum says I got poop up my backside and I think it is cancer spreading. I am hoping the doctor can help me after I been checked out for what things I am worried about, may asked to be put on tablets.

I hate this anxiety, every ache and pain, time for me to log out.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Checking my urine every time I go as I am scared I see blood, etc, even though my urine darker in morning, I don't see red in the bowl water, just I thought a tiny drop when weeing, it may have been my eyes playing tricks but it still scary. so that makes me thinks it kidney, bladder cancer. so when I go the gp I will asked for an urine sample to be taken as I am scared as well checking my balls. I still have a habit of looking in the bowl at my stool colour (cannot flush like a cat)

All my urines test have come back okay as I have to do 24 hour sample due to my having nf and did one last year. blood pressure fine (apart from when watching Wednesday play) being 34, I acted like I am 64 or 74.

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 15:30
Thanks it was good me and my Dad still expeirmenting, my Mum can't have them as she doing weight watchers and does not want to have many sin points. we tried it was raspberries, strawberries, we put less yoghurt and milk in this time, last week we put for too much yoghurt in and banana.

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

I have really done it now, my Dad wanted to move out because he is fed up with me and my mum aruging about my health anxiety, I am scared.

I am trying to eat and drink. He asked my back pain he says it because I spend too much time on the computer, my mum says I got poop up my backside and I think it is cancer spreading. I am hoping the doctor can help me after I been checked out for what things I am worried about, may asked to be put on tablets.

I hate this anxiety, every ache and pain, time for me to log out.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Checking my urine every time I go as I am scared I see blood, etc, even though my urine darker in morning, I don't see red in the bowl water, just I thought a tiny drop when weeing, it may have been my eyes playing tricks but it still scary. so that makes me thinks it kidney, bladder cancer. so when I go the gp I will asked for an urine sample to be taken as I am scared as well checking my balls. I still have a habit of looking in the bowl at my stool colour (cannot flush like a cat)

All my urines test have come back okay as I have to do 24 hour sample due to my having nf and did one last year. blood pressure fine (apart from when watching Wednesday play) being 34, I acted like I am 64 or 74.
By passing the smoothies for now as there are more important things to say to you. :) I take it your mum/dad don't understand about HA? They need to know so they can support you right now. Kicking you out is not going to help atall they need to see this thread or at least look up Health Anxiety it's a serious MH condition. You see that's your irrational thinking there it's poop that you haven't clean off properly ITS NOT CANCER PLEASE BELIEVE ME go and have a shower Tbh with you, you need to get a emergency appointment to get the ball rolling on help in the mean time do look at www.changes.org.uk (http://www.changes.org.uk) it's a excellent programme and does work while you haven't got psg meetings in your area you could look at the 12 step programme on there print it out and study it or you could request the 12 step booklet and Wap booklet to be sent to you. Both are very helpful . Your back pain probably is down to too much computer use!! You have to get the full support from your mum and dad on this :) And keep talking to us ATB

unsure_about_this
03-04-18, 16:48
Thanks for listening

I think both my parents are trying to understand my anxiety without having a slanging match. . My Dad threated to walk out this lunchtime because of my health anxiety. I blame myself for the arguments.

I'm eating but not as much as I should be (I have never had a big eater), but worry when something changes or happens in/to my body.

but worried my anxiety is making me feel a bit nausera at times when eating. so my Dad will be talking to the GP how I am going to put on weight.

My parents are keeping their health conditions away from me.

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 16:59
Thanks for listening

I think both my parents are trying to understand my anxiety without having a slanging match. . My Dad threated to walk out this lunchtime because of my health anxiety. I blame myself for the arguments.

I'm eating but not as much as I should be (I have never had a big eater), but worry when something changes or happens in/to my body.

but worried my anxiety is making me feel a bit nausera at times when eating. so my Dad will be talking to the GP how I am going to put on weight.

My parents are keeping their health conditions away from me. That's ok mate. No don't blame your self it's not your fault. Don't think the issue here is about putting on weight that's the least of your problems right now.

What your dad should be doing is listening to your HA concerns and getting that addressed it's that serious so have a chat to your dad and ask him to support you over your HA nothing else will do. You want to get better I take it? Have you had a look at the Changes 12 steps in detail some of this you can do your self if you any questions on the 12 steps please ask me. I have been through 2 12 step programmes in the past one with GA (Gamblers Anonymous) and the other one with OA (Overeaters Anonymous) both are now under control. A new start and a new you is just around the corner grab it :yesyes: ATB

unsure_about_this
03-04-18, 17:15
I'm looking at the link now. (12 points bullet points I want to get better so when I get to meet my niece or nephew in October/early November I be sorted out no idea when sister is due yet. looking at the website, with getting help, the group sessions are similar to what I am doing,

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 17:22
I'm looking at the link now. (12 points bullet points I want to get better so when I get to meet my niece or nephew in October/early November I be sorted out no idea when sister is due yet. looking at the website, with getting help, the group sessions are similar to what I am doing, Ok what do you mean 'bullet points'? Thats a long way away yet and how can your niece or nephew help? Yes the group you go to may be similar but is it based round the proven 12 step programme that all other anonymous groups use? Start your recovery now don't wait till Oct:ohmy: you could make excellent head way now mate :) ATB

unsure_about_this
03-04-18, 18:19
Trying to find more about the 12 steps. looking at pass it on first.

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 19:10
Trying to find more about the 12 steps. looking at pass it on first. Think you should start at step one _ Admit you got a problem. Step 2 Take Action. Step 3 Trust and cooperate etc try starting from Step 1 it makes more sense does it?!! ATB

unsure_about_this
03-04-18, 19:19
Yes I admit I have a problem, I also had pains around my under my arms pit , so need to mention to the gp about my worries about my heart, it will be great if I could wake up one morning and not worry.

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 19:22
Yes I admit I have a problem, I also had pains around my under my arms pit , so need to mention to the gp about my worries about my heart, it will be great if I could wake up one morning and not worry.Again there is nothing wrong with your heart so Admit you have HA! 2. Take action (to get help for your HA etc if you follow these steps to the letter you can get better :) ATB

unsure_about_this
03-04-18, 20:41
Moving on to take action, I have given myself hiccups now and acid problems, I think I now need to talk to my gp about all my health worries ,

Bigboyuk
03-04-18, 20:49
Moving on to take action, I have given myself hiccups now and acid problems, I think I now need to talk to my gp about all my health worries , And your HA as well :) and with that Iam bowing out from this thread you have the various tools in place now use them ATB

unsure_about_this
04-04-18, 11:38
Thanks, I am trying to use the tools, I just feeling every symptom I get is a bad.

10 minutes to talk about my health worries to the gp and my health anxiety, from worried about my testicles, urine whether I saw blood whilst weeing (water never turned red, it was my first wee of the day), because of the advert bladder, kidney, nausea, struggling to eat because of nausea problems. I just hope the gp gives me a urine sample to do, to try to cure the problem if I have an infection or kidney stones. My back does not hurt as much today, feels more like tension,

I just scared that things are bad, even though it probably me being silly that there are other causes than cancer.
I am 34

I am being wiped out, I do not dare talk to about my anxiety to my parents today, I dont want a repeat like yesterday

Bigboyuk
04-04-18, 12:13
Ok so Iam back one of the steps actually states remember feelings aren't always facts so your feelings about cancer etc aren't always true take that on board another 2 good steps (and they are all important) are cultivate healthy thinking (at the moment you thinking is far from healthy) and cultivate healthy behaviour again you aren't doing this only you can do this no one else ok :) ATB

unsure_about_this
04-04-18, 14:48
Thanks

I am worried that I am showing signs of cancer, with have I'm feeling, behavor etc. can anxiety really cause eating habits to drop, feeling seek, aches and pains, with the flght fright mode which I remember what my cbt person said. I know I am having a bad time.

I will have to tell the gp everything to help me.

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

I am confused whether I saw blood whilst I was wee, because the water did not turn red, I am scared that this means kidney/bladder cancer, I need to tell gp everything

Bigboyuk
04-04-18, 14:50
Sorry unsureaboutthis I am off now good luck with your dr and start to get help ATB

unsure_about_this
04-04-18, 21:12
I told my Dad my worries, he asked me all we going to have more of this once you been tested checked, This makes me feel bad about my health anxiety.

I don't whether I am serious ill or nothing with me not eating as much, I hope it is anxiety. there are a lot of symptoms which mirror cancer and some which are less serious.

My mum says I look healthly, maybe need to put on weight.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

I feel bad about my worries about my health I can't push them to my back of my mind, my mum says I need to try.

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Thank you

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Can you make yourself really ill, with health anxiety, not looking forward to Monday, and will ask for a urine sample to make sure it was not blood as that could mean it bladder, kidney cancer and that how my mind works, the worst, could have pass a kidney stone where I am feel a bit ill the last couple of weeks, I have not seen blood again, but I am still very worried.
being 34 bladder and kidney cancer would be pretty rare
I just have to wait to Monday and plan my care. to get better

I think if I had some serious going on I be too ill to type.

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

I'm scared I am dying

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

My Dad did asked me about my urine, first wee always darker in morning it has never happened again that I thought I saw blood, I will mention it to my gp, and I scared I have bladder, prostate, kidney cancer or disease,

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

I am pooping bricks, that I am scared.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

I want to get myself fixed, I need to tell my gp everything, and get checked for eveything I think this anxiety has cause me a lot of damage, when I have health anxiety I think the worst, my poor niece or nephew even though not been born yet will have to put up with their mad health anxiety uncle, I won't be allowed near them if I am like this.

pulisa
04-04-18, 21:32
Phil, you have got yourself into a state but you are not mad, just very stressed and with no one other than people on this forum to turn to.

There's a lot of stuff on this board which could really panic you and cause you even more worry. I'd advise taking a break from NMP until you see your GP in order to clear your head of possible symptoms and illnesses you think you have?

I think your Mum and Dad need some guidance in how best to support and help you manage your HA. Maybe your CBT therapist could help with this or is there any chance of some family therapy? You all as a family need to be working together not getting angry and frustrated which makes it worse for you. I realise how difficult this is for everybody and hope that things get better as soon as possible for you because you sound really tormented.

unsure_about_this
05-04-18, 16:54
Thanks for your help pulisa

nausea feeling whilst eating, making me feel sick sometimes when I am eating, I hope this is just anxiety, and someimes nausea, never whilst I am asleep. I have to discuss a lot of health issues.

I hope i can get some answers why, hopefully the gp can help get some ressurance about all my worries in this thread.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

I am making myself ill with worry and my parents :scared15: I got a meeting with my job work coach tomorrow, seeing a health anxiety next week, I know I am seeing my gp on Monday, I just can't get out my head visable blood if I did aee it in urine, or blood in urine = cancer, I did held it in which probably did not help

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

I keep thinking I have cancer. even though all my tests/exams have come back fine so far in the past.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

I keep thinking this is the end, I will never get better.

pulisa
05-04-18, 17:17
We are trying to help you, Phil. Please read what people have written. You are not helping yourself. You need to take a break from here because it isn't helping you.

unsure_about_this
06-04-18, 22:48
Thanks I agree I need to take a break

My stomach/throat have been in knots worried about my testicles even though I have lots of exams at gps, 2 ultrasounds last one in 2017 and just two annoying cyst I have a few things I need to talk to gp, I don't think there any changes down there, I know I made the tubes sore and tiny tubes connect to the testicle/epdidymis string bits, no hard lumps/peas etc. no visible lumps, no hardness, just firm, and my urine. If I was really serious ill I be in hospital.

I just panic myself if I feel bump, and gone over board.

I have made my self ache around my hips and back with all this poking, and how I am sitting probably does not help, but in my mind every symptom is bad.

I am going to get myself sorted out and fixed, my parents want me back to how I was.

My work job coach said I looked well, if that means a good sign.

I am still eating but have got myself worked up by feeling nausea probably at the same time when I thought I saw blood.

unsure_about_this
07-04-18, 12:50
I am keeping a food diary with what I am eating to see whether my nausea goes, even though I have eye test in October which was fine, that would have picked up signs of brain tumours.

I am worried I have cancer, even though all my tests have back fine, even though some of the pains I been getting are going. I try not to google as everything comes back with cancer.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 ----------

The nausea seems to be coming round my neck area/throat area

I should really believe the results, but my dad did tell the gp who phoned up, I worried about any changes or how something feels. I making myself feel more nausea. I made my backache by keep playing with my testicles, I am scared something is there what should not be there, even there are litles tubes

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Can nausea happened to me because my sister is expecting. I am male but you never know,

pulisa
07-04-18, 13:30
I would say it's more as a result of your constant anxiety and inability to convince yourself that you are not terminally ill, Phil.

Who are Wednesday playing today? Are you going if they are at home?

unsure_about_this
07-04-18, 18:17
I would say it's more as a result of your constant anxiety and inability to convince yourself that you are not terminally ill, Phil.

Who are Wednesday playing today? Are you going if they are at home?

We had Fulham today and I went, I am season ticket holder,

Them scales are messed up it says I have put on 3 more pounds, how does that work. I dont think i have ate that much chocolate and junk. I will ask the gp to weight me when I go and see him on Monday.

I think I do have the inabiity to covince myself that I am not terminally ill.

pulisa
07-04-18, 19:11
Did it help watching the football? Just getting out of the house and not being able to check yourself in public? Could you concentrate on the game or was your mind wandering back to cancer fears?

unsure_about_this
07-04-18, 19:14
Did it help watching the football? Just getting out of the house and not being able to check yourself in public? Could you concentrate on the game or was your mind wandering back to cancer fears?

I did try to concentrate on the game, but sometimes I was worried about the cancer fear. but did not show any worries to the person I went with, his wife lost a kidney to something but still going well.

I think my parents would have picked up signs and symptoms if I was serious ill.

Yesterday at my meeting I was panicing

I ate well for dinner tonight.

pulisa
07-04-18, 19:27
I think your parents would have picked up any really worrying symptoms too. They love and care for you and want to make sure that you keep well. Having NF must be difficult but you are being carefully monitored and all your recent tests have been fine. You don't have any physical health problems but you do have severe anxiety about your health. You have an appointment with your GP on Monday and hopefully your Mum or Dad could go with you for support? They only want the best care for you.
I think in time you will be able to find some peace from these tormenting thoughts of having cancer and you will be less anxious. You will probably still have some anxiety but you will be able to manage it and life will be easier. It must be so hard for you now.

unsure_about_this
07-04-18, 20:59
I think your parents would have picked up any really worrying symptoms too. They love and care for you and want to make sure that you keep well. Having NF must be difficult but you are being carefully monitored and all your recent tests have been fine. You don't have any physical health problems but you do have severe anxiety about your health. You have an appointment with your GP on Monday and hopefully your Mum or Dad could go with you for support? They only want the best care for you.
I think in time you will be able to find some peace from these tormenting thoughts of having cancer and you will be less anxious. You will probably still have some anxiety but you will be able to manage it and life will be easier. It must be so hard for you now.

Thanks for your advice, NF is pretty scared, thankfully I dont have the serious type, but still my mum has it as well, thankfully my sister has been tested for NF and she does not carry the gene, which will hopefully reduced my niece or nephew having it. I will be the last person in the family on our side to have it as I am stopping the gene, even though the doctor asked me whether I had a girlfriend last year, for starting family design baby. My mum did not know she carried the gene until after having me.
My Dad is going with me (even though my mum is not embarrassed when I talk about my balls) It is very hard for me and my parents. He will also be asking questions. I hope once I been ressurance I am okay. It is torment worrying. I must be due to go for blood tests and urine sample 24 hours soon and blood pressure ,

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:07 ----------

I do have a disability as well, the people who I go to the football with even though he and his wife sit in different sides of the grounds, and the person I saw yesterday did not mention I have lost weight.

It is hard for me as I am panicing more. making me feel more tense. I was looking at someone today he busted his arm and was very worried he was going to catch people with his sling because it was one of the cast things

There is one or two things I do have which I cannot do a thing about my spine is slightly curve but that just a nf condition I had spinal scan a few years ago because one of the doctors wanted to be nosey as he never seen a person with nf with a curve back. but nothing was seen odd.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

I am not going on NF forums or Facebook to talk about my NF conditions, my mum had to leave a facebook group because there are some bad things on there. I left Facebook years ago, and shut down my account a few weeks ago.

pulisa
07-04-18, 21:12
My daughter is like you and has a disability which makes her very anxious and panicky.. Your parents will take good care of you and will do everything they can to make you happier and less stressed. It's good that your dad is coming with you on Monday-maybe you can get referred for some specialised help with your HA? Sometimes CBT can be a bit generalised-I know it wasn't enough to help my daughter and she needed more support to access appropriate therapy.

I like going to football too when I can. I'm a season ticket holder at Crystal Palace. I don't go to every home game though-it's been a tough season!:D
I think it's good to have a distraction from anxiety. I have been to Hillsborough once many years ago when Wednesday played Palace and the final score was 1-1(Must have been before you were born!!)

unsure_about_this
07-04-18, 22:30
My daughter is like you and has a disability which makes her very anxious and panicky.. Your parents will take good care of you and will do everything they can to make you happier and less stressed. It's good that your dad is coming with you on Monday-maybe you can get referred for some specialised help with your HA? Sometimes CBT can be a bit generalised-I know it wasn't enough to help my daughter and she needed more support to access appropriate therapy.

I like going to football too when I can. I'm a season ticket holder at Crystal Palace. I don't go to every home game though-it's been a tough season!:D
I think it's good to have a distraction from anxiety. I have been to Hillsborough once many years ago when Wednesday played Palace and the final score was 1-1(Must have been before you were born!!)

I was born in 1983, so I can just remember when I first went back in the 90s when we could still stand mid section on the Kop, I became a season ticket holder after the 2-2 draw against Palace back in 2010, first time we played Palace was on my birthday seem to remember we won 1-0 and some palace fans were in the same diner as us, and both wish me a happy birthday, sometimes my Dad go with my if my neighbour does not want to go, that is usually the Leeds match and Sheffield United match, I think it because of his wife as she has a walking stick

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

I know I need some support, cbt did not work for me the first time I think because I may have had a therapist who could not work with, even though we had a common interest football he supported Brentford. The group sessions I gone back to could work as it anxiety as a whole, I am still waiting for my first appointment with my work health coach, he was straight onto my work coach advisor

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

I hope Palace stops up

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

The last cbt I only had four sessions before he called it a day with me, I did go for a session but did not score enough due to that assignment, as a few questions which probably threw my help out. I was borderline

pulisa
08-04-18, 08:15
I would say that you very much need to be working with a therapist who is aware of your disability and who knows how to best approach your fears so that you can get the most out of therapy. Many therapists just take one approach and that may not work with you. You must tell the GP about your disability and ask for a referral to an appropriate mental health service.

You need to get the best possible help for your HA and anxiety management is so important. If a therapist is impatient with you the whole thing breaks down. You need time and patience with an understanding and knowledgeable therapist.

unsure_about_this
08-04-18, 10:05
I would say that you very much need to be working with a therapist who is aware of your disability and who knows how to best approach your fears so that you can get the most out of therapy. Many therapists just take one approach and that may not work with you. You must tell the GP about your disability and ask for a referral to an appropriate mental health service.

You need to get the best possible help for your HA and anxiety management is so important. If a therapist is impatient with you the whole thing breaks down. You need time and patience with an understanding and knowledgeable therapist.

Thanks I will tell my gp the symptoms, I do worry myself a lot when or if I think there has been a change. I will tell my GP, I told my work coach about my disability so hopefully the health work coach will understand my disability,

---------- Post added at 10:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Positive thoughts

Thanks Fishmanpa

pulisa
08-04-18, 13:03
Any change will panic you and it's important that your GP knows this. It's also important that anyone who works with you knows about your disability so that they can help you in the best possible way or else refer you to services which are best able to offer the appropriate help. You don't want to be left in the lurch after a few sessions which is what happened before.

I really hope tomorrow goes well and that you feel that you have been listened to and understood.

unsure_about_this
08-04-18, 16:23
Thanks.

Changes frighten me, I automatic jump the word cancer. I would mention to the gp I am worried about this so I can get the help needed.

I went for a walk with my parents

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Also can anxiety make you feel the feeling of being drained, not tired tired, but yawning so my mind is thinking about this as well. I hate being like this. It felt like a split second it was happening.

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

I hope this is not a sign of cancer, as I jumping to the worst thing already, I did go for a walk today. I woke up at 6.55am this morning and went back to bed and woke up at 7.30am,

pulisa
08-04-18, 16:37
You are fine, Phil. Anxiety can make you incredibly tired, overwhelmingly tired. It's not a sign of cancer. It's a sign that you are mentally exhausted.

Constant reassurance on here will not help you. Getting a referral for therapy and support with people who understand your disability will help you manage your HA.

unsure_about_this
08-04-18, 20:51
I make myself hurt so much worrying about my testicles with keep checking them I had made my back hurt, I can feel pain in my hip and down my leg every time I do it, I am still worried about testicle cancer because of all the talk lately , trying to feel for lumps/bumps that my fear,

unsure_about_this
09-04-18, 20:04
I been to the GP today, no signs of testicle cancer (feel normal) but still sending me for ultrasund scans just to make sure, we talked about testicle cancer and it sensible to get it checked out, some people have waited three months when the person had a lump (serious) and been fine, it well treated if you catch it within the first couple of months - 6 months.

I been given a sample for my urine as I mention about blood but no signs of burning.

I been weigh slightly under for my height/bmi, but need to see him in 6 weeks time.

We mention about my anxiety and ocd to the GP so hopefully this will get the ball rolling.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

He says ideal I need to try to put on 4kgs,

I mention my nausea he says it likely to do with my anxiety

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

I feel a little bit more ressurance

---------- Post added at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

I been not to check as much, but that can panic me, if you catch it earlier stages less of a problem and more easy to treat.

I think I was listened to well.

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

Even though my GP was running late I was offer to see the locum doctor, my Dad did not want me to see her, as I might have not been put forward for scans.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

myself being nausea has gone down quite a lot now. dong urine sample Wednesday and dropping it off before I go a course. there is not burning, but was my first sample of the day, I don't think it happened again during the last two weeks. and kidney and bladder cancer is pretty low risk for my age group. since I had a sample done last year due to NF not to due health anxiety, spotting a change,

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

I am feeling a bit more calmer now since the gp I saw did not found anything worried, testicle normal size, not hardness or lumps which he mention. just double sure everything fine.

I don't know when my scans will come hopefully not during the same week, I don't like hospitals as it, but would never turn down a scan.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

As for my anxiety I think he is aware as my Dad mentioned I get anxious straight away, I think when I see him in 6 weeks time I will get weight and he may suggested I see the nurse and get moving with the cbt help. I will have to see what also my coach says

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:19 ----------

I think I am due for another brain scan cannot remember whether I had one last year, think it was 2016, but do me having this non cancerous groweth/spot/lump on pons of brain, well it is not cancerous or cancer, what I have on my brain. so these things are benign
Ate better for lunch which is good

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

I surprise he did not asked me any questons about my nausea, I was worried it a sign of a brain tumour, i am being referred for a brain scan due to me having nf a slight increased chance i may or may not get one in the future.

I am frighten the nausea is being caused by a brain tumour, not being nausea as much today.

pulisa
09-04-18, 20:54
Have you ever spoken to a specialist NF nurse about your fears? Do you get any support for your NF at all?

unsure_about_this
09-04-18, 21:05
Have you ever spoken to a specialist NF nurse about your fears? Do you get any support for your NF at all?

Thanks

I don't get much support about my NF or my mum, in fact we have to go the gp ourselves if we think we find a lump which needs looking at, removing, thankfully most of the lumps are not serious, me and my mum have not had any serious lumps so far and long may that continue.

I have never spoken to a NF specialist nurse about my worries. looking at the nhs website it says it affects 1 in 3,000 births for my type ans nf type 2 1 in 33,000 which I dont have type 2

pulisa
09-04-18, 21:09
Have a look at the Neuro Foundation website. It may be of help to you.

unsure_about_this
09-04-18, 21:15
Have a look at the Neuro Foundation website. It may be of help to you.

thanks

pulisa
09-04-18, 21:19
Maybe if you saw a specialist NF nurse and got some support understanding your symptoms it would put your cancer fears into perspective?

unsure_about_this
10-04-18, 17:02
Thanks

I reported my problem about my urine yesterday to the gp.

I am doing the urine sample as I worried and thought I saw red when weeing, water did not turned red,brown and that was my first wee one day. I don't seem to be going more often or more urgeny, I don't think my gp was too conrened as he did not asked for about symptoms other than burning. I am scared this is bladder or kidney cancer. I not been referred for tests, I do sit down on my butt alot and possible because I been checking with my testicle and epididymis alot tubes cause a bit of pain. I know what you drink can affected what your urine is like

I am scared I think my gp understood what I meant by red

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

I know kidney stones, cysts etc, bladder stones can cause this. my back does not hurt as much that I cannot walk.

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

I know infections can make this happened, I don't have whoopie.

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

I think when I was going through my bowel cancer scare my kidneys were ultrasound and that was fine, with the other nuclear scan, as the tech guys could see liquid in my bladder. I do go for urine tests every year.
It just this red lquid /blood I saw or so I think this means cancer of either the bladder or kidney, i reported it happened two weeks ago, being the first wee of the day when it sat in my bladder most of the night and probably needed a drink. it is scared that I am worried still, so droping of my urine sample tomorrow.

Still waiting for my ultrasound of testicles just to double check again and brain scan but gp did not pick up anything worrying about brain tumours.

unsure_about_this
12-04-18, 20:18
Worried about pains, thinking this is bone cancer, leg pain, arm pain. I can moved them okay, can walk still. side pains, I am thinking I have a problem with my brain as well. but gp would have picked up problems I was unware off.

My back pain still concerned whether I have got kidney stones, kidney problems, advance cancer,

it's a roundabout. I had my group session today and got a one to one tomorrow

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

or whether my back pain is cause by sitting down too much on my butt

I worry about every ache whether I got any prostate cysts, I know in the past I have poke a lot around my epdidymis, testicles but I am scared. once again the pain is worst when sat down for a long time time.

I;'m sacred every ache is cancer

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:49 ----------

I think my gp heard me worried about my back pain. , mention back pain.

I want to go back to the gp as I am worried about pains

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

Been nearly a week waiting for my ultrasound for testicles, evne though I been checked out and the gp could not find any lump, I am still worried. I am due for a brain scan I hope I get sent for the right scan, and not a full scan for my nf.

unsure_about_this
13-04-18, 19:44
I going for my ultrasound on Tuesday on my balls the pains it no where near the balls mainly underneath which is worst when I sit down. I had my meeting today with person, says shes my pains is to due with my nf/dyspraxia. I am not 100 % certain as every pain poiints to cancer is how i thik, i am going to mindfulness.

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

I have not yet spoken to a Neuro nurse about my NF. I need to get my brain scan moving along, I hope I get sent for the rest test and not a full body scan but would take that./ I am scared pain = cancer, because I looked on the websites that pain could be cause by cancer so that how I think pain = cancer, even though there are 20 millions other causes.

---------- Post added at 19:41 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

I dont whether the pains are mainly musclar, or tumors, gp woulld have posisble have spotted something with how i walk

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

I don't think I have loss weight without trying,, but I want to keep going to the gp every day,

unsure_about_this
13-04-18, 20:51
The person I saw told me to take ibuprofen for my pains, she is not a doctor or has probably medical knowledge, she had not a clue about nf without googling it, dyspraxia even this is a place to find work she had to google about it.
I am scared bones and joint pain is cancer, or secondary or thirdly cancers I am not losing weight,

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

I am stll waiting to hear back from the place about my other scan.

pulisa
13-04-18, 20:58
Pain does not mean cancer. You know this.

unsure_about_this
13-04-18, 21:53
Thanks

I am quite surprised how quickly I can get an testicle ultrasound, had the letter to phone the number and the place had a cancelled going next Tuesday which is fantastic, evne though gp never felt any lumps/hardness, testicles right shape/size , of course one is slightly bigger than the other always have been. done well not checking them for nearly a week it has killed me to say.

---------- Post added at 21:53 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

I must remember to have clean underwear. I know what to expect now. I am worried about my testicles, the last count was two cysts, I hope I don't need tablets to treat any problems non serious down there.

unsure_about_this
14-04-18, 09:57
The pains are not there at night, keeping me awake. its feels like someimes things are pressing/aching and pains. so I am scared this is cancer, arthritis does run in the family, You hear so much is the news and papers even though I don't read them.

I linked every pain and ache to a type of cancer.

Scared it could be pin and needles, rsi because I type to much on the computer

pulisa
14-04-18, 11:53
Pain does not mean cancer. You know this.

You do know this and need to believe this.

unsure_about_this
14-04-18, 20:05
I know I need to try to believe it, but struggle with it. my scan is this Tuesday before lunch, so afterwards can head to the pub and may see my dentist having a sneaky half of full sugar pepsi.
hopefullly will be referred to the department which helps me with my nf, must be due for bloods, urine 24 hour sample etc

I think if I had a serious problem my parents would have took me the gp again, the person who I saw yesterday was shocked I did not have any mediction for my NF, there is no cure, she mention the lumps will not turned cancerous, no idea what site she was reading it from as I could not see the computer screen properly. should have mention the site mention in the thread or nhs to get a more balance view.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

I am scared every pain is serious, this is the worst I have been for a while. I thought going for a scan next week would help me. doctor did not feel any lumps down there in my testicles

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

My mum and dad thing it normal aches and pains we are get, but I think thie aches and pains could be signs of cancer spreading, my coach things is releated to my nf even though i am unsure to believe her, she may be employer as a health and work coach but the mindfulness may be interesting.

Every pain and ache is serious to me, you dont get pains and aches without being something serious

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

I thinking the pains in my legs arms which I am getting could be leukemia, but I am not pail, or got any weird bruises black/purple red spots etc. I think the gp would have noticed something with how I walked. he does look other things.

Cough I am worried this is advance cancer or lung cancer, it just now and again

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Stil worried about these pains, I know I spent a long time on my butt, arm pains typing, ps4, job searching. I am scared every pain = cancer it comes and goes, scared something is pressing against it on the nerve ends, I do suffer form nf,

My mum has never heard about this she has nf, she asked why she does not get these pains.

I keep thinking I have something serious wrong, maybe it time I put down the computer and get some help.

pulisa
14-04-18, 20:46
I think it's time to get some proper help, Phil. Posting on here isn't proper help-in fact it seems to be making you worse. Reading about other people's anxieties and symptoms won't help you get better-quite the opposite.

unsure_about_this
16-04-18, 18:06
I am due for my ultrasound of testicles tomorrow. I am scared even though the gp felt no bad lumps. that this is just to ressurance myself that I keep thinking I have testicle cancer even though I don't have any hardness, blood in sperm what i know about, puss from penis. no weakness of urine flow.

I just worried that any pain is cancer it not there 24/7 but leg pains, arm pains, hip pains, shoulder pains,

I am going back to the gp next week to get to the trouble of these pans I am still it is either advance cancer, bowel cancer, lymphoma, leukemia, non hodkins, bone cancer.

Even though it could be millions of other things cancer has not be ruled out . I been told to think positive,

I don't have any swolllen parts of my body and no weird lumps growing

I can use my hands and legs okay.

unsure_about_this
17-04-18, 14:17
I been for a testicle ultrasound today, I been told I need to book a gp appointment to discuss my results in 7-10 days, I have never had that before, it was a training person with a tech guy. both asked me whether I had them before, knew I had cysts from my last scan.
Asked me my symptoms, their were talking in code.

Both quickly disspeared whether this is standard so I could get myself sorted.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

I heard the vas deferens/ cord get mention once or twice.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Waiting to get into the gp to talk about my results, and mention my aches and pains.

My Dad thinks it my footwear causing aches, I think it is cancer,

Bigboyuk
17-04-18, 14:19
I been for a testicle ultrasound today, I been told I need to book a gp appointment to discuss my results in 7-10 days, I have never had that before, it was a training person with a tech guy. both asked me whether I had them before, knew I had cysts from my last scan.
Asked me my symptoms, their were talking in code.

Both quickly disspeared whether this is standard so I could get myself sorted.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

I heard the vas deferens/ cord get mention once or twice.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Waiting to get into the gp to talk about my results, and mention my aches and pains.

My Dad thinks it my footwear causing aches, I think it is cancer, When you see your dr next ask about getting some help with your HA you have to discuss this and let us know how you get on. ATB

unsure_about_this
17-04-18, 21:37
I will discuss my HA with my GP. I don't know why I have to see my gp to discuss my results I have never had this for an ultrasound, I be also discuss about my results from my urine sample. hopefully this has not been spoilt.

last time I got told straight away, first time specialist wrote to me and copy letter to my gp at the time.

I need to discuss my pains,

I don't get any pains and aches when I am asleep thankgoodness. I would gusss bone cancer is where you cannot walk or use your hands. I don't get headaches. no lumps sticking out my back spine, hips pain now and again.

I focus on my health too much. I supposed to be looking forward to being an uncle in October/November but I been warned not to pass my hypocondia to my niece/nephew

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

I also need to tell him I am looking at my poop in the toilet bowl, my poop in brown but sometimes I get markings I know it what you eat, with dyes. I don't see blood in the bowl, or on the toilet paper, my stools are never black, red or white.

I went for the camera up my backside five years ago as I worried I had bowel cancer, so may required another scan to check whether everything is okay. I can't flush like a cat. I got to look at my poop.

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

I need to talk to my gp about these pains, the pain keeps moving around, can anxiety cause bone pains. I keep thinking it is advanced cancer which is pretty naughty when people are going through cancer themselves or know people who going through it. or just primary bone cancer which is pretty rare. I am scared I got trapped nerves.
I can walk okay and use my hands which is good.

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

No club until next Thursday. I panic a lot. I m still eating and drinking. but panic about every ache and pain, symptoms. my pains have been a little better today, but feel everything is bad.
I don't what real pain and what normal pain.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

I got to chase up my urine test, I should hear back from the gp pratice soon, it been a week had something bad would have been found, I would have been told surely, I hope the hospital knows what I want testing or what was tested. as I was concerned it was blood.

unsure_about_this
18-04-18, 11:26
I also thinking wear and tear on the joints, I keep thinking it could be to do with the weather or anxiety pains, bone loss? I keep thinking everything the big c, I don't think the person I saw on Friday helped me.

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 ----------

I am scared that these pains I am getting in my arms etc are cause by a brain tumour, surely my gp when I saw him would have picked up if he thought something was wrong with my arms and legs with how I walked etc, other people who have picked up signs that something wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

midely hip pains on and off to do with either liver cancer or secondary cancer spread to liver with bowel cancer . my skin is not yellow. I will have to talk to my gp about this fear and anxiety that everything to me is cancer, unlikely I want to live but I am scared every symptom is cancer.

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

I received my letter to attend my testicle ultrasound appointment today even though it was for yesterday I noticed that on average 60 people per week missed their ultrasounds per week = 3 days work. This annoys me even though I go for tests if needed them or tessurance msyelf if something has changed. its the people who miss the appointments where the appoinments had people cancelled other people could have used them.

unsure_about_this
18-04-18, 22:23
I'm starting to think the pains could be strain with my anxiety

I keep thinking that every pain is cancer, I'm trying to get into the gp, heard nothing about from my urine tests, I hope my results and sample has not gone missing. I can move around okay.
I need to get tested to see whether the pains are related to bone cancer or just aches and pains as you get older, not had the hammer/mallet test yet, not had blood tests for a year.
or pressure test, in joints

I have had a lot of health anxiety issues and worries about health for the last 6 years. I have no idea how much I have had spent on the NHS.but

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

I think ear pain could be sign of oral cancer, same as neck pain. The ear pain only happened once .

I go to dentist regularly so the dentist can spot any signs of cancer.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

I'm scared that I am dying, description of the pain to the gp will be tricky feels more like wooden or a spikey feeling pain, it is not heavy pain, gp would have spot problem for walking when I went down last week and specialist yesterday.

I am trying to get myself in the gp again. to discuss my pains as I think it is cancer more likely. I do spent a lot of time on the computer and how I am sitting. footwear. I dont think i got cold or knocked myself.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

I keep getting bad thoughts, that every symptom could be more likely cancer.

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

I supposed with pains it will get worst if it was serious, itf it was bone cancer, i seem to have got worst when the person I saw said my pains were to do with nf, I don't believe her,

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

I don't feel as nasuea as I did a few weeks ago, I

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

If I had the big c I would be one sick pup by now.
I still feear I have testicle cancer, even though the gp i spoke to on the phone asked me just about hard lumps, nothing about size/shape etc.

my Gp who referred me for scan could not find any hard lumps, asked me not about discharge, blood in sperm which the answer is no etc.

I supposed the testicle would have got bigger/smaller, testicle not hard.

I hate being like this, I think I am dying.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

I also worried the bone pain could be leukemia even though it not there all the time.

I think the gp knows about my worries about the big c about any changes ~ I am scared if I left something more than a day it cannot be cured.

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

I have talked to my parents about my health worries, my parents get aches and pains, I spent a lot of time on the pc.

Had there been problems with my urine or ultrasound even though that was yesterday someone would have got back in touch, I just don't understand the 7-10 day I have to make an appointment with my gp to discuss results to me that means it it bad.

Elen
19-04-18, 08:07
Phil honey, you are winding yourself up into a total panic.

Take a deep breath and apply some logic.

If something was wrong they would contact you immediately.

If you can Phil, try and limit the time you spend on here and do something totally unrelated to health issues.

Maybe catch up with you in chat sometime.

Elen x

pulisa
19-04-18, 08:21
Phil, what Elen says is true.

I have been contacted immediately following a procedure(in fact the same afternoon) and I am having urgent tests. For you no news is good news.

PLEASE don't torment yourself any more

unsure_about_this
19-04-18, 12:20
Thanks

I am just scared that I am riddled with my cancer, my Dad says there check for other things during the scans. I am making myself feel ill, and thinking the worst all the time.

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

stomach feels weird.

Bigboyuk
19-04-18, 12:38
You really need to take a break from the internet it's a lovely warm day, sun is out get out and about instead of sitting at a screen for hrs Your posture will improve a lot even if it's 30 mins a day ;) And seek help for you HA for your own piece of mind!! ATB

unsure_about_this
19-04-18, 17:22
I been outside into town, back feels less tender

Bigboyuk
19-04-18, 17:31
I been outside into town, back feels less tender There you go then, keep that up daily while we have got the nice weather:yesyes: ATB

unsure_about_this
19-04-18, 18:40
I'm scared the specialist/tech guys have lost my results I know it only been two days, and not heard back from my urine test that was 8 days, I got told 7-10 days I hope the place where it was being sent off to know why I wanted my sample doing.

Had there been problem with my ultrasound I would have not be allowed home or given some paperwork to fill out, the guys knew my Dad went with me.

I always double confirm my date of birth before any scan takes place, I don't want the wrong person to get the wrong results.

Elen
19-04-18, 18:44
Phil get of here it is making you worse pondering over it all

unsure_about_this
19-04-18, 22:20
I worried the pains could be cause by sepsis

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

I want to go down to the gp every day, because I am so worried about my health

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

I want to live, but every symptom makes me fearful it is cancer, before the days of my googling health conditions until I stopped. I was unware of a lot of cancers, I understood it was important to check your balls. but we never talked about in secondary school

Fishmanpa
19-04-18, 23:06
Phil get off here it is making you worse pondering over it all

I have to second, third and fourth this. It's painful watching you struggle so badly and knowing we can't help you :weep: Perhaps you might want to check this out. (https://www.inspire.com/groups/neurofibromatosis-network/)

Positive thoughts

Bigboyuk
20-04-18, 11:29
I have to second, third and fourth this. It's painful watching you struggle so badly and knowing we can't help you :weep: Perhaps you might want to check this out. (https://www.inspire.com/groups/neurofibromatosis-network/)

Positive thoughts Yes include me in this with what Elen says and just read his last post he want to go to the dr's every day this is way off the HA scale:weep: He is struggling so hard. What are we going to do? ATB

unsure_about_this
21-04-18, 12:46
I am not coping, I had a look at the link about nf.

I keep thinking every ache and pain is cancer, It not there all the time it is on and off.

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

I keep thinking these pains could be stomach cancer or secondary primary liver cancer, I don't look yellow. i don't jhave any bruises.

I got a huge problem about worrying.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

My problem is I read into things to much, trying to work out what the tech guys what talking about what will seeing, asking me whether I was okay down there laying down,
I am making myself feel ill, eye pain

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Phil, what Elen says is true.

I have been contacted immediately following a procedure(in fact the same afternoon) and I am having urgent tests. For you no news is good news.

PLEASE don't torment yourself any more

My parents keep telling me this about no news is good news, but I am scared with pain and aches not being able to read the tech guys, waiting,

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

I worried about nerves and whether the pains are tumors are pressing which i can not feel or see. I know I sit down a lot ands stress. but tingling sometimes, I don't know what real pain or what anxiety pain.
I keep thinking every symptom is scancer.

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

I will have to talk to my gp about my worries again, and the aches and pains, it is not 24/7 the pains but it is enough for me to think it is serious something like non hodgkins, leuekemia, bone cancer etc. I dont get itchness.

I hae pains years ago when I went to the walk in centre as I thought I had bone cancer, turned out that how I walked home in the snow caused my leg pains.

I am scared I got a unleining problem and it has not been picked up, even nf can cause pains I need it confirming what is casing the pain, I keep thinking it is cancer, but if it was bone cancer I may not be able to walk properly.

I am causing myself to panic, which making me not want to eat because I am scared that something serious wrong with me.

pulisa
21-04-18, 13:39
Phil, in my opinion you need help to understand your NF and how it affects you and also help with managing your overwhelming fear of cancer and major illness.

As many of us on your thread have already said, staying on this forum and reading up on all the scary illnesses will only torment you because of your mindset-you think pain or discomfort means a terminal illness. You are stuck in this way of thinking.

Did your GP actually refer you for some specialised mental health support? I think you need the support with your NF and also with your HA which in my opinion is now overwhelming you. Mental health support which would take into account your disability and not just the routine CBT package. You need a skilled and sensitive therapist who could help you manage your fears rationally.

KK77
21-04-18, 14:53
you think pain or discomfort means a terminal illness. You are stuck in this way of thinking.

This is very true and a constant pattern on the HA Forum.

I have lived with pain and discomfort for over 10 years now. In the beginning, I was worried and concerned, as anyone would be, not knowing what was wrong with me. Test after test revealed very little, and ultimately, I was diagnosed with fibro/chronic pain disorder. I obviously wasn't happy about this, and I'm still not, but I was also relieved that it wasn't a serious progressive illness/disease and that I wasn't dying.

I don't have HA any more.

unsure_about_this
21-04-18, 20:40
I also worried about meningitis, with the pains, I don't have any dislike to bright lights, headaches or feel sick, I don't have any rashes what I know about. my nf causes some wonderful marks, I don't have stiff neck.

It just like with my nf marks I dont know whether these are meningitis, sometimes the marks are worst in the hot weather,

I am not throwing up not done that for years.

I am eating okay

I dont want to go to sleep yet

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

I had a meningitis jab whilst I was school, but looking at childhood jabs it seems I had quite a few when I was child, but unsure which one I had or could have been combo of a few injections.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

No idea how many meningitis injections I had and which strains I have been given

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

I should not be reading which injections I have been given so far. I just worry about every mark, rash bump etc, if I had meningitis I would know by now.

pulisa
21-04-18, 20:59
Do you get any sort of comfort from listing your fears and pains on here, Phil? I understand why you are unable to take on board any advice, particularly advice which you do not want to hear.

I just wondered what sort of benefit you feel you get from using this thread to document your thoughts and fears?

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

I know if my daughter were to read through this forum she would be totally overwhelmed by all the anxieties expressed and she wouldn't know how to deal with it so would turn it inwards.

unsure_about_this
21-04-18, 21:03
I get some comfort. I am going down to speak to my GP next week or the week after and get moving with some help with my NF and health concerns it going to be a long long road.

I am sure there is someone who can help me.

pulisa
22-04-18, 08:28
I get some comfort. I am going down to speak to my GP next week or the week after and get moving with some help with my NF and health concerns it going to be a long long road.

I am sure there is someone who can help me.

I'm sure there is someone who can help you too-maybe more than one person? I think you need a combined approach with the NF and the HA. Just getting some appropriate help and support in real life and not being on your own and being overwhelmed with symptoms which terrify you would be real progress.

Documenting all your fears and symptoms on here and trying to reassure yourself about them just isn't working for you, Phil. Make an appointment with your GP to talk about your mental health and how you need some support with your NF?

unsure_about_this
22-04-18, 13:39
Still waiting for my GP to referred me to mental health/cbbt he knows I have concerns.

These aches and pains keep coming and go so I got to keep moving. I keep thinking these pains are being caused by cancer in my bones/body. I don't think I am losing weight. but I don't think the tablets I am using are helping.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

Trying to get into the GP this week. because I am so worried about these aches and pains and hope I have not left it too late, it been on and off for the last 10 days more so when I saw her. I keep thinking every time I get an ache or pain it is cancer and nothing else.
I went to the match yesterday. I don't get pains whilst I am asleep. but wake up sometimes aching depending on how I have slept. I always think that ache and pains = cancer. My parents get pains and aches and say it due to age. I don't believe what their say. I think the worst first. m

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

I don't seem to think that pains could be cause by something less serious than cancer, like age, or my health condition or arthritis etc. I think everything is cancer. I have no had a blood test this year.
I am walking okay, got a new pair of trainers, I don't believe footpain and shoes can be cause by footwear , the pains must be cancer
I am scared I'm very ill and I don't know it.

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

Its these four things

unexplained bleeding
unexplained weight loss
a lump or swelling
unexplained pain.

I know other things can cause these problems, but the pain can it be unexplained, taht is why I want to go down to gp every day.

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

I dont have any unexplained bleeding or lumps/swellings,

unsure_about_this
22-04-18, 17:27
I am worried about every skin blemishes, freckles and moles, had a mark for about three years it has not bleed, or has changes shape. so worried about skin cancers. have it been cancer I would have been one sick pup or dead by now.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

I don't have many moles, but plenty of freckles I dont' thaver any two tone black moles, dark brown ones which have changed shape or size. I just worry about every spot, blemishes etc.

pulisa
22-04-18, 18:01
Do you ever read any of the replies which you get on your thread, Phil? They are genuinely meant to try to help you. The only thing which will help you though is never going to be found on any internet forum. You are jeopardising your already very fragile mental health by continuing to use this forum in the way you are using it. That's all I can say. It's very sad to read your posts.

pulisa
22-04-18, 19:38
Also remember the Neuro Foundation and the Specialist Nurses and Advisors who could help you? I see they operate a service in Yorkshire so you could ring their helpline and ask?

This would be so much better for you than scaring yourself on NMP?

unsure_about_this
23-04-18, 16:28
I am going to be talking to my gp soon and get the nf nurse moving, I talked to my work coach about my worries and the anixety coach, she wanted to go down to gp with me, I think there is going be some help now. I am just scared of the aches and pains could be benign lumps growing inside me pushing against my bones. I keep thinking that these aches and pains are cancer.
I have looked at the forum which I am grateful for but I am too scared to read too much.

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

I am scared something serious up, I dont have any primary symptoms which I know off, both if it was secondary bone cancer I be more ill. I am scared that these aches are serious, but if I had cancer I think I be more serious il.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Surely after nearly two weeks something would have been spotted serious wrong with my urine and testicle scan one week, I would have been contacted, or re-tested for urine. gp would have spotted if I had a brain tumour and so would other people I have seen.

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Worried about sepsis, even though these pains and aches been two weeks I would have been dead by now.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

I forgot where I put a coin, I don't think I have swallowed it because I would have been getting symptoms by now. I am eating and drinking okay, no abdominal pains, neck pain. not gone blue in the face.

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

or coughing, or nausea, I probably put it down somwhere, but still worried.

unsure_about_this
23-04-18, 22:32
I am trying be rationally, but I keep thinking pains and aches are cancer if unexplain, I am eating okay, but still panicing, I am going to my meeting group thing on Thursday, but very scared this is serious. I walked up the steps okay and down, I think every pain and ache is cancer, back of neck pain.

My Dad is going down with me again as he need to see the gp. my Dad and my mum think different from me that ache and pains are age and normal. I think different. think the worst first. and work backwards.

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

I'm trying to push for help with my anxiety. It is tough when I worry about my health all the time.

unsure_about_this
24-04-18, 15:32
Last night I got up to quickly out of bed and stumbled over. I am scared this is a brain tumour. as it never happened before.

When i was younger I fell out of bed a few times and once off the toilet.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 ----------

Worried about neck pains and other pains worried these pains could be cause by prostate cancer, cancer of the bone

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

I had a phone call today to help me with anxiety, hopefully this place can hep me, and listen, and think like me.

I am scared these pains and aches are cancer, even though my mum said if I had cancer I would not feel pain.

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

I will took through the report with my work coach next time. but I am scared I got something serious wrong with me

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

I am worried about these foot pains as well and elbow pain.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

I am still very worried, trying to get through to gp is a nightmare. I am scared these pains are cancer, twinges,

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

My mum gets angry me because I go on 24/7 about these pains, my parents get on with their pains.

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

My Mum thinks it to do with my footwear and lady i have seen about the pains,

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

I think I am dying because I don't know what causing the pains, I keep thinking bone cancer, primary or secondary, ms etc.

---------- Post added at 14:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Nothing will stop me thinking about the pains, I cannot relax.

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Did my cancers fears and worries appeared when Bill Turnbull got told he had prostate cancer i don't know. I only known one person who had cancer and that was my auntie and she caught its very early had treatment the type where you don't lose your hair.

I am scared every ache and pain is cancer slowly spreading. even though aches and pains could be 10,000 different things which can cause similar pains, but I am thinking the worst

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

My Dad says he don't want the gp to see me as a maligner, about the pains

My testicle result come being as fine, but I don't whether I got any minor problems down there, gp does not need to see me. I phoned up the gp reception to see whether the results have came back. I don't believe them as I not see the paperwork myself, because I am still having a few pains no where need the testicles but connected at the bottom of epdidymis underneath.

still waiting for my urine tests to come back.

I don't think I am going to get to far with getting help with my anxiety

---------- Post added at 15:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

I thought reception could not tell you the results of the scan . I think the GP I saw seen the results I don't know. I am unsure whether the receptionist has told me the results properly, I still think I got a problem. because it does not explained the back pain and other pains.

swajj
24-04-18, 16:26
I don’t know if it has been asked before because I’ve only read some of this thread but do your parents know about you posting here? If not then I think you should tell them. It might help them understand how desperate you are feeling.

unsure_about_this
24-04-18, 17:04
I'm in my 30s, I still live with my parents and know how desperate I am feeling. I don't think my parents fully understand with my anxiety. even though I have nf.

I did not like the term maligner and being a bother to my gp, I saw a GP on the 9th April about my testicles and went for scan,

swajj
24-04-18, 18:30
I'm in my 30s, I still live with my parents and know how desperate I am feeling. I don't think my parents fully understand with my anxiety. even though I have nf.

I did not like the term maligner and being a bother to my gp, I saw a GP on the 9th April about my testicles and went for scan,

I think your dad meant that he didn’t want your doctor thinking you were just imagining your pain etc. Are you on any meds?

No one really understands health anxiety, not even the people who have it. Do you read a lot of the other threads here? For many people it isn’t a great idea to do that because it can make their anxiety worse. I am recovered and I’m still careful about what threads I read.

Have you got a hobby? You are obviously pretty clever with computers. Not everyone could create a blog and create YouTube clips.

unsure_about_this
24-04-18, 18:40
I think your dad meant that he didn’t want your doctor thinking you were just imagining your pain etc. Are you on any meds?

No one really understands health anxiety, not even the people who have it. Do you read a lot of the other threads here? For many people it isn’t a great idea to do that because it can make their anxiety worse. I am recovered and I’m still careful about what threads I read.

Have you got a hobby? You are obviously pretty clever with computers. Not everyone could create a blog and create YouTube clips.

No meds, yes I read a lot of threads here. I am good with computers, blod is simple because I can pick pre-set themes and Youtube is okay, just hit record and upload, I don't go for all the editing and stuff. I am human so I like showing my mistakes.

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Football is my hobby , going and watching it, season ticket holder for the club I support.

Reign
24-04-18, 19:02
Hi I'm new here, this was the first thread I saw re: health anxiety. Phil I can see you've been a member since 2013 and your latest post is on 24/4/2018. You have to believe that if you had any type of cancer you'd have been in a different state by now. Besides you cannot develop multiple cancers at the same time or develop one after another if the earlier one is negated as cancerous. Thing about cancer is - it happens when the cells mutate due to external interference. That mutation doesn't happen overnight. The external interferences need to be in heavy doses, or one needs to be genetically predisposed in the sense that one already has carcinogens multiplying. If that was the case yours would have been a different story. Do this exercise, embrace every pain and symptoms you feel for a month and deny yourself from visiting the doctors. You have not developed anything all this while, you will not in a month. During that time stop going online. If you manage to pull through which you surely will - congratulations you are cancer free and immune to it.

unsure_about_this
24-04-18, 20:42
I am going down to GP tomorrow to see whether I can get appointment about my aches and pains it is enough to concern myelf. it does say on the cancer research website you are not wasting the gp time.
Yes I am concerned it is cancer, I had the pains on and off for two weeks now, mainly more since I spoke to the lady who looked about nf on the internet
I am scared that every is cancer and I need a lot of help with my anxiety, I am falling apart now.

unsure_about_this
25-04-18, 12:49
I managed to get into the gp today as I walked down, and got an appointment straight away it was quiet. the gp I saw says it could be a vit d problem, so getting bloods test done next week, she does not think it is cancer as the pains is moving around and not there all the time.
She says about my chair and computer. I am not sure since cancer has not been ruled out.

My Dad says if I keep going down the gp I will get kicked off the list for wasting time.

I may have to join a gym.

i could be put on tablets if I got a vit. d problem.

still no results done on urine so good news so far.

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

So we asked about nf nurse, pratice does not have one or has knowledge about it. we are trying to see whether I need a brain scan soon, usually the hospital writes to me.
I hate all the anxiety when no-one understands it causes friction within the family again.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 ----------

My Dad fed up with nagging me to have orange juice, and fruit smoohies, I rarely have milk because i get told I put too much on my cereal, when my parents were both working it did not matter as there did not know how much milk I was putting on.

pulisa
25-04-18, 13:10
The number to call to ask about the Neuro Foundation's Specialist Nurse regional service is 07939 046 030.
Your GP practice doesn't have anything to do with the Neuro Foundation so it's down to you to make the call to see if there is a Specialist NF nurse serving your area.

unsure_about_this
25-04-18, 22:52
The number to call to ask about the Neuro Foundation's Specialist Nurse regional service is 07939 046 030.
Your GP practice doesn't have anything to do with the Neuro Foundation so it's down to you to make the call to see if there is a Specialist NF nurse serving your area.

Thanks for the number, I willl give them a buzz after I get my bloods done.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

I read about vit d deficiency on line I know I should not increased risk of getting advanced cancer?

pulisa
26-04-18, 08:35
Why not make that call today? This is about practical help and support for your NF. At least you could find out whether there is a Specialist Nurse in your area?

Elen
26-04-18, 09:03
Phil, please show your parent's this thread.

You are in a really bad place at the moment and I am sure that they will help you if they see just how desperate you are.

Let us know what they say hun

unsure_about_this
26-04-18, 18:25
Thanks all

I was worried because I dropped a couple of carrots tonight which I knocked off my plate, these dropped out of my hands I am thinking because of my hand pain, this could be a brain tumour.

pulisa
26-04-18, 19:46
At least we can say we tried and gave Phil some options.

unsure_about_this
27-04-18, 21:33
We phoned up the hospital today to see whether I am due for another MRI brain scan (as I don't want to be sent for the wrong scan) due to me having nf, the last scan showed it had got smaller, the non cancerous lump/spot/brain spot whatever it is. that was back in January 2017,

I don't know whether I have to see someone at the hospital first or just by pass that and get scan, letter not come yet, the gp does not usually referred me we have to phoned up if there has been a changed or worrying thing. the person/team I see understand more about nf, hopefully I can get some answers why I am getting the aches and pains.

I am going for bloods on Monday at the gp

My parents are getting fed up now, are we going to get any more, health anxiety is a beast, I don't want to suffer in slience . I am concerned why sometimes I feel more tired sometimes than other days.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

I am not the British stiff upper lip. I did talk someone yesterday during the break about cancer, he said it was pretty common now, and iis easier to treat if find early and I should not worry about it.

---------- Post added at 21:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

I ate okay today

unsure_about_this
29-04-18, 15:42
blood test tomorrow, finding what causing these pains and aches. even though the gp does not think it is bone cancer as the pain keeps moving around. I need to get to the bottom of it. I am not getting night sweats, not lost weight, e eating okay, just worryied about the aches and pains
Maybe sent for MRI scan soon for brain, surely I must been someone at hospital,

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

I am mworried about my urine test as it not come back yet, doctor did not seem to worried as it only happened once with blood.

I don't think the hospital knew what there were testing for as I dont't think I label it up correct of the thing I did it in. I am scared I have either kidney cancer or bladder cancer. This happened 6 weeks ago.

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

I was not even sure it was blood, because it happened quickly, my mum thinks it because I ate something red. I am scared I am dying. its says it those cancer advert if you see blood tell your doctor. I am not sure whether it was visble or in bowl and the water did not turn red.

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

I hope my uine test did not get thrown away or lost as it was not labelled up properly, even though the gp says it could take up to 2 weeks for the results to come through/back. I don't know what is happening with mine as I dont where these are being sent off for.
I was scared I so visible blood as it was my first urine may have needed a drink or had a slight infection, but I am scared that it was blood either kidney or bladder cancer.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 ----------

I may asked to do another sample, as it was not labeleld up properly and the department did not know where it iwas being sent off to, surely if it was blood and cancer it was happen again and again

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

I am worried about my poop,

I had a sigmoidoscopy 5 years ago which did not show any polyps apart from a small common pouch not cancerous, specialist know the difference.
I am scared about my poop colour, and my minor abdominal pain and back pains. I have not lost weight. but I could not see my poop colour today, the last poop I had was dark brown as it was the same colour when wiping, my bowel habits have not changed.
I told my gp my symptoms and when I went for my testicle ultrasound she asked for any symptoms

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

I don't rather I should required a new urine sample to be done, as I am a worried I have not heard back from it, been nearly three weeks, I hope the place know what it is being tested for as he gave me one of those jars thingy to test it in to be sent off. but we did not write down what was the problem.

I am starting to wonder whether these pains are advance cancer even though the gp does no think it is bone cancer.

I am scared I have either kidney cancer or bladder cancer beccuase I thought I saw visible bloodf, it has not happened again during the five weeks, my gp did not see worried as I said it was my first urine of the day, and my dad said to me the urine is darker in the morning sat in my bladder, I got a habit of leaving going to the loo to the last minute.

blood test tomorrow, chase up urine test, re-done if not heard back, I don't want to have to wait another month to see a gp to another sample,

I making myself feel ill.

unsure_about_this
29-04-18, 20:59
Trying not to look at my next poop in the bowl when I do a poop. I am scared what colour it will be. I had the sig camera up my backside five years ago and no polyps were found.
I am worried about my backpain and hip pains. I don't look pale, I'm eating, no heavy abominal pains.
When should I go for my next camera up my backside, we dont have bowel cancer in the family and here I am worrying about bowel cancer again even though I had tests done five years and nothing serious was found apart from apossible small non cancerous pouch which was not tested.

unsure_about_this
30-04-18, 09:27
Been for my blood tests

I have to re-done my urine test as it gone missing,

unsure_about_this
30-04-18, 16:27
I am seeing at the hosptial about my nf now, I am due. maybe if he thinks I need a brain scan I will go for one. I do have my eyes check reguarly

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Well I have not seen blood again in my urine visble whether it was blood, but still need to be checked. I am scared that this could be kidney cancer,. prostate cancer or bladdr cancer, or could have a prostate infection or infection.

This anxiety is making me feel tired and in pain

I am scared the pains as well could be caused by MS.

unsure_about_this
01-05-18, 11:14
Worried about my stools colours and poop again, as I can't stop looking everytime I been for a poop, I can't be a cat and not look

I have not had white poop, black like tar or red, sometimes it looks a bit weird brown colour, but my eyes plays tricks whether it clay/grey/brown colour, if it was a weird colour it will be the same when I wiped.

unsure_about_this
01-05-18, 15:47
Still worried about testicle cancer even though I had three scans in the last three years, scared I have pale brown poop which looks like grey colour (I don;t whether my eyes playing tricks) as I have brown when I wipe.
I know what you eat and drink can affect your poop, but I am scared I have either pancreatic or bowel cancer which my poop, worried about shape. but stress can affect my poop.
I don't know what to do any more, my health anxiety is the worst it every been. still going strong, I was clear five years ago for bowel cancer, beleied I was clear for pancreatic when I was having an ultrasound

unsure_about_this
02-05-18, 12:45
I saw something in my Twitter thread about pain with NF. I am getting more and more on edge.

pulisa
02-05-18, 12:49
Have you made that phone call about the NF specialist nurse?

swajj
02-05-18, 13:08
Maybe you should join a football forum. You can discuss footy with like minded individuals. In Australia we have different types of footy. One type is NRL (rugby league). I’m a female but I love watching NRL games. My husband thinks I’m the perfect woman lol. The team I support has a number of supporter groups online. I’m a member of one and I like reading the discussions, even contributing my thought sometimes.

You need a distraction and the computer is your worst friend when you have health anxiety. Telling you to stay off it is a waste of time. So try using it for something other than reading about sinister health conditions.

Go Souths! :winks:

unsure_about_this
04-05-18, 15:27
Not yet it nearly the weekend (and bank holiday coming up) I been trying to stay away from the forum. I am worried about my pains in shoulders/back pain, worried about whether I am very tired/fatigue or it just my anxiety playing up) keep thinking this is lung cancer, worried about my back and testicles still even though my results for testicles came back fine I want a 4th ultrasound as something still does not feel right.

Phuzella
04-05-18, 15:30
Sitting at a computer for too long will cause shoulder pain

unsure_about_this
04-05-18, 19:51
Thanks
I also need to talk about my vision sometimes goes blurred for a couple of seconds now and agai, a bit like floaters, usually when I am tired. I am worried that I got a brain tumour as I forgot my password to log online to check for gp appointments, I have managed to re-set my password to sometimes I can remember more easily

I am worried about every symptom now and I am seeing someone Wednesday. I also need to chase up my urine and blood results.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Sometimes it get because I spent too much time on the computer or tiredness.

back pain may need to changed my matress, but worried that this is a testicle problem still nothing do with testicle cancer, kidney problems, spinal problems or a disc problem in the spine but I think I would know if it was this. sometimes the pain in my stomach area and hip pain.

I am making myself feel worst. It like I cannot go on I have found some cbt one and one which are private and some are self referred which i don't have to pay for.

pulisa
04-05-18, 19:55
You wouldn't have to chase up your blood and urine tests results if there was a problem.

Please don't reply with "thanks".

unsure_about_this
05-05-18, 11:35
I am going to the hospital on Wednesday, hopefully I can get some answers, maybe I am due for a brain scan, I do go for eye tests which i believe pick up possibly signs of brain tumours, I been to GP a few times and nurse for other things there would have picked up signs even though I did not go in for that reason.
I am scared and 100% certain these pains are caused by a brain tumour, sometimes I step backwards and trip or stumbled.
I don't know what it serious and what is no.

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

I'm making myself feel ill, I always phone up to see whether my results are back.
I keep thinking the worst, anxiety sucks. I'm not laid up in bed, have not thrown up in years.

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

No headaches, just sometimes pains under my eyes and neck pain, I need a new chair or matress. I may need to see a chiopractor about my back.

---------- Post added at 11:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

I am worried about my poop as my anxiety is causing me not to go properly, weird shapes,

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

I had that camera up my backside 5 years ago

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

I'm stll worrid about my poop colours, whether I have had a grey/clay colour stools as I am always brown colour whilst wiping. I am scared that I have pancreatic cancer even though I am 34.

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

I know what you eat, but when I went for the camera up my backside or went i had abdominal problems no-one of the gp and specialist asked me about colour or shape. the bristol stool chart for fishmanpa

unsure_about_this
05-05-18, 12:19
Worried that I may have pancreatic cancer because of my symptoms

back pain, pains in front, I worried about my stool colour (as I can't help stop checking) it was like a light brown colour, I thought it looked a bit grey brown colour, but brown when wiping.

I am worried about shoulder pain.

I have been for blood test, and no doubt because of me having nf would be sent for more blood tests and a 24 urine sample

I am trying not google symptoms, my eating habits is fine, I don't think I have lost weight. but making myself feel tired. I don't look yellow or have yellow whites of the eyes.

I want to to send off a poop test. I went for a sigmoidoscopy 5 years ago to check for bowel cancer and nothing was seen.

I can't stop checking my poop. I am not bed ridden.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

I am 34 years old

---------- Post added at 12:19 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

but still fear I could make the papers for a cancer which is mostly heard of in older people

nomorepanic
05-05-18, 12:26
You had loads of good advice on your previous, very long thread.

Not sure what else we can say really.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=215534

Carys
05-05-18, 12:44
I can't help noticing this comment in your signature, which sums up the problem here -

it is serious until provenWRONG. Unless proven otherwise it is the most likely benign, non-sinister, non-dangerous health problem. That's how doctors work, and thats how you should mentally work too!

I've just read your other thread, it is a month of listing every imaginable random illness, cancer in multiple places, switching from one to the other almost daily. Surely if you look back at all those pages of replies you can see (and could even write a list yourself) of all the types of cancer you think/thought you had ?

Cab9792
05-05-18, 15:19
So you probably don't have pancreatic cancer. First off your age doesn't make you a high risk factor, also...light brown poop is normal!!! Mine is normally light brown. I actually had a patient (I work in a med office) the other day who found out he had pancreatic cancer. He went to the ER for TERRIBLE stomach pains. I think it was caught early too. If you are that worried, go to the doctor and tell them you have lots of pains in your front and back and you would like a CT scan. Say they are very bad, that way they won't blow you off on CT scan. This will show if you have any kind of cancer going on. I struggle with health anxiety too, which seems like what you have. I know how it is. But see if you can get a CT scan for peace of mind. Not that you need one, I'm pretty sure you don't have cancer.

unsure_about_this
05-05-18, 16:46
Thanks for your help.

The pains come and goes, I know I stress so it does affect how often I go. I do have health anxiety. I had a ct scan about five years ago for bowel cancer and that was clear apart from the common pouch which was non cancerous, 2.0-2.5% of uk population has one.

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

I was also scared it was more gray clay colour but brown whilst wiping, I can't be a cat, my mum says I am too young to be worrying about pancreatic cancer, I know I should not do it but I googled

Liver or biliary disease, lack of bile, gallstones,
A lack of bile in stool. This may indicate a bile duct obstruction.I think my eyes played tricks and I am wiping brown

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

I think my eyes play tricks on me, if it only happened once or twice and never again it okay, I keep forgetting what I am eating changes things. but can't get my head around things like bile ducts etc, cancer etc. my mum says I am too young to have a stool test/ screening for this cancer and bowel cancer.

Carys
05-05-18, 16:53
I can't help noticing this comment in your signature, which sums up the problem here -

Quote:
it is serious until proven
WRONG. Unless proven otherwise it is the most likely benign, non-sinister, non-dangerous health problem. That's how doctors work, and thats how you should mentally work too!

I've just read your other thread, it is a month of listing every imaginable random illness, cancer in multiple places, switching from one to the other almost daily. Surely if you look back at all those pages of replies you can see (and could even write a list yourself) of all the types of cancer you think/thought you had ? (which you don't/haven't had)

unsure_about_this
05-05-18, 18:21
I am worried I bumped my head on a wardorbe door, and my eyes feel funny.

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

My mum said that would knocked some sense into me, a bit cruel.

I have not thrown up yet after bumping my head, I dont feel sick, I am scared I got bleeding on the brain from bumping my head on the door.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

I am scared I got concussed and will lose
conciousness I done it before years ago on a chair leg bottom and was fine. I remember years ago a basketball landed on my head

unsure_about_this
05-05-18, 18:40
I am worried because I have bumped my head on the wardobe door putting bedding away.

I did not knocked myself out as my mum was holding the chair for me.

I am worried about my eyes feeling tired and hurting

I have not throw up

I remember years ago my dad fell on some ice and threw up the day after and had to go into hospital for a scan.

I have bumped my head lots of time before and have been fine since I not thrown up, I remember in school getting the letter about bumping head

nomorepanic
05-05-18, 18:57
Why aren't you talking to your parents about this?

unsure_about_this
05-05-18, 19:07
I told my parents, my Mum was with me she says I need to go to hosptial or see the doctor.

Carys
05-05-18, 19:17
So, your Mum thinks you should go and get checked ?

If she does, then maybe you should.

paranoid-viking
05-05-18, 19:37
I have that same horryfying fear myself; I know. But please remember - such symptoms are common, pancreatic cancer is not. THat is what I am trying to say to myself all the time. And please do not post on cancer forums or forums like Patient Info; in these cases you are one hundred percent guatanteed to get confirmation bias and someone coming in with some "I am not trying to scare you - but" - and then they do that - scare you. Confirmation bias and/or trolling. You are way more likely to have some gastric issue than anything pancreas related; remember that.
Many have posted with these symmptoms fearing they had PC - none of them did. There was even one here who DID have a red flag symptom(janundice)but it turned out he just had a beningn cyst, nothing more. Your odds are definetely in your favour. But I have the impression that many with souch gastric like symptoms do fear the absoulute worst worst worst case scenario of pancreatic cancer and then goes on a mad goose chase for diagnosing PC while not taking the most logical test that is endoscopy. The tests used for pancreas issues does not show inner stomach issues. For that endoscopy is required. The poops in pancreatic cancer are floating white poop, as if you would be crapping milk. Light brown hard stools is not a symptom of anything dangerous. It is in fact quite normal.

unsure_about_this
05-05-18, 20:09
I have that same horryfying fear myself; I know. But please remember - such symptoms are common, pancreatic cancer is not. THat is what I am trying to say to myself all the time. And please do not post on cancer forums or forums like Patient Info; in these cases you are one hundred percent guatanteed to get confirmation bias and someone coming in with some "I am not trying to scare you - but" - and then they do that - scare you. Confirmation bias and/or trolling. You are way more likely to have some gastric issue than anything pancreas related; remember that.
Many have posted with these symmptoms fearing they had PC - none of them did. There was even one here who DID have a red flag symptom(janundice)but it turned out he just had a beningn cyst, nothing more. Your odds are definetely in your favour. But I have the impression that many with souch gastric like symptoms do fear the absoulute worst worst worst case scenario of pancreatic cancer and then goes on a mad goose chase for diagnosing PC while not taking the most logical test that is endoscopy. The tests used for pancreas issues does not show inner stomach issues. For that endoscopy is required. The poops in pancreatic cancer are floating white poop, as if you would be crapping milk. Light brown hard stools is not a symptom of anything dangerous. It is in fact quite normal.

Thanks for your help, I think sometimes my eyes just play tricks and the symptoms like back pain and stomach pains are just because I am making myself more anxious.

unsure_about_this
05-05-18, 20:24
I meant to say I do not need to go to the gp/doctor/hospital, as I am not throwing up/stumbling around etc

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

only slightly bumped my head, and I was not knocked out.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:37 ----------

She does not think I need to go to see the gp. I will see how things go, but I asm scared I got bleeding on the brain and going to die.

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

I was to eager and quick to reply back. my parents don't think I need to see anyone.

nomorepanic
05-05-18, 20:26
Well there you go then you will be fine.

Try and think things through logically before posting. You need to work this out yourself and not rely on us to reassure you as it doesn't work clearly.

Carys
05-05-18, 20:28
OK, got it. Well, mothers know best, especially when they are very caring ones. She would say if you needed checking, so don't worry.

unsure_about_this
06-05-18, 19:37
I'm off to see someone on Wednesday to get down to the bottom of these pains, to me these are real pains and aches, nothing to do with age. I think some of my finger pain maybe because I type too much.
I may need a MRI brain scan because off my NF, surely if it was a brain problem the GPs who I seen would have picked up on it. I hope this is not MS.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

I been talking to the person on Wednesday about these pains, I keep thinking it either to do with my NF, MS or bone cancer.

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

The reason why I think it could be MS because I have google about MS symptoms using nhs website, surely my gp would have thought of other causes of pain (I cannot remember whether I mention tingling but pain could mean tingling) my gp did a quick test with my hand movements/strengh

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

I'm going back to see my gp as I am worried about my testicles still, epdidymis underneath the scrotum pains, I told them where it hurt, I hope the check everywhere during the ultrasound. I want another ultrasound as I want answers where I get pains still, even though no tumours were seen within the testicle (surely if I had within my testice I would have a lump)

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

I want to be referred for another ultrasound, I think because I poked myself so much in the past I have done damaged,

unsure_about_this
07-05-18, 13:49
Maybe ready for new matress, but I am still worried about these pains to me these are real pains I keep thinking the worst.

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 ----------

I think I am dying, health anxiety is a beast, my mum says it could be in your mind, my dad says I have to wait for my bloods and nothing we can do. This does not put my mind at rest.

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

pains in tailbone, sitting down too much in prostate area. I am scared every ache and pains are cancer tumour pressing against nerve ends. maybe i have read too much over the years

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

I'm running out of patience with myself. I have to wait to Wednesday to be seen, I still thinking I got something serious wrong with me. I know poor posture does not help. and not keep moving. I keep thinking I got benign and other tumours pressing against nerves ends.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

I am going to be asked to see a dermatologist- as I am worried about my skin, even though I had blemshes, freckles for years, not had any which have bled, changed colour got the borders of the abcde I am worried about skin cancer. I am sure when I go for dentists appointments my dentist looks at my face
I am worried about skin cancer,

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

My mum says my health anxiety is going over board now, I worry about every little thing which could be wrong. I put on sunblock probably not enough (nobody does) its these programmes which test people to see whether we are puttting enough on, I bet not many people know how to put it on properly and how much.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

I am feel lke it not been proven but I feel like I been misdiagnosed with my symptoms that it something serious going on with these aches and pains, I know bone cancer is rare.

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

I have changed my matresss now, so hopefully that will ease my back pain, I can thinking I either got bone cancer, advanced secondary bone cancer, rsi, ms or some other serious cancer condition which are causing these pains and aches.

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

I may need to changed my chair

Bigboyuk
07-05-18, 14:10
You Keep mentioning about your HA a lot in your last few posts, It's pretty pointless going for more tests that will only come back clear :) And yes HA is beast so why not get some proper help with this? Mention it next time you see your dr ATB

unsure_about_this
07-05-18, 15:36
I'm seeing a specialist on Wednesday who deals with my NF. I'm scared this is cancer and have left it too long with the pains, even though I had it five or six weeks, I have lose the nausea feelings. I also believe the gps have fobbed me off.

Elen
07-05-18, 15:38
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

unsure_about_this
07-05-18, 22:05
I'm not coping. I can't talk to my parents and it was end up in a masive. I am nearly intears with these pains as I don't what is wrong. there are not severe pains, but it making my nerves in my back hurt and pressure.
I don't think I have slipped a disc and my mum said I would know if I did this.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

My Dad no wonder you are making yourself illl always ill becuase I don't eat enough, and fresh food, I try to eat enough veg per day, I kicked the orange juice every day and drink it every other day.
When you are worried about your health you do not eat. I hate this health anxiety I am causing friction between my parents and I can't cope or want to phone samaritans or mind. even though I got no plans to self harm.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

I don't think swimming will help. I don't trust my GP doing the right thing. I been told my parents I can't go to GP until I get my blood/urine results and seen the guy on Wednesday,
paracetamol and ibuprofen are not working which makes me think this are serious or a vit problem.. pains could be because Iam stessing.

I am scaredI am dying. I think Iam sleeping okay, and don't want to stop in bed. maybe I need a chio person. maybe because i checked my teticles too much in the past I had made my back ache

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Getting more worried these pains and aches (feelings) is a brain tumour, I am not sure whether there are pins and needles feelings, my mum gets pin and needles now and again when she spends too much time on her tablet checking ****book abnd how to sits, sleeps

unsure_about_this
08-05-18, 09:31
Worried about me coughing now and again is a sign of lung cancer or a secondary lung cancer where the primary cancer has not been found.

I am not coughing up blood

unsure_about_this
08-05-18, 19:00
I am off to the hospital tomorrow. I will have to tell the professor/doctor tommrow about my symptoms. If I had bone cancer/ms/advanced cancer I would have more symptoms and not able to type on here and I be too ill.
The person I saw said as I told her about health anxiety, she tried CBT before and it was ahrd work,

I would know if there was problem with my urine, bloods as someone would have phoned me by now. she also asked have been google about cancer with my symptoms the answer yes, that is bad.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

I may need to do bloods tomorrow or a 24 urine sample. can anxiety cause pains aches tingling, pins and needles.

AnxiousinCali
08-05-18, 19:34
I may need to do bloods tomorrow or a 24 urine sample. can anxiety cause pains aches tingling, pins and needles.

Yep, sure can.

I've been reading the site for a few months, and thought it was time to contribute.

I only know what you've written on here, but all of the above can be caused by anxiety. It can also be caused by bad posture. I imagine my symptoms that are similar are potentially caused by both.

You're getting checked out, which is great. But you're also very evidently in an anxious cycle. I know loads of people have weighed in on your thread to encourage you to seek help for your anxiety, but I'd like to echo that sentiment. State of mind is more within our control than we think. It's very hard work to reclaim our hold of our anxiety, but it's very possible.

Sending lots of positive vibes!

pulisa
08-05-18, 19:50
I hope that no more tests are asked for and that the specialist can focus only on your NF and what having a diagnosis means to you and what you should expect.

Bigboyuk
08-05-18, 20:07
Unsure_about_this Your HA is getting worse. Yeah you have NF which is bad enough you need to tell your dr everything so they can get the right help for you :) And Therapy can be hard as this woman told you, but you have to give it go your self! So do tell your dr everything even if it means writing it down dont leave any stone unturned and come back and tell us what your dr is going to do to help. ATB

unsure_about_this
08-05-18, 22:38
Only myself can make myself eat more, when you worried about something about you health you cannot eat. before I go to hosptial for my appointment. I am popping into the gp to see whether my bloods and urine test come back, so if there is a non serious problem I can get it dealt with (usually if there was a non urgent problem which still need to be dealt with the pratice writes to me) both should be back now after the bank holiday

---------- Post added at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

I want to get better, but when you worry about symptoms you get, checking you wee and poop in bowl (I have not handle my poop) every time I go I look for blood in the bowl.

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

I think my doctor/person where I had my testicle ultrasound heard about my back pain, gp did not find any lumps just worried about every symptom is connected, I probably done damaged to my back with keep checking my balls in the past.

unsure_about_this
09-05-18, 09:41
Still worried about my testicles/epdidymis that I may asked for a4th scan as I am worried about the pains, maybe I am sititng down to much, poked myself too much that it hurts. I still not got cancer out of my mind. group session tomorrow, friday should be signing paperwork about getting referred to one place.
My parents dont know how to help me anymore

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 ----------

Need to mention about my stomach pain on and off worried about with this is liver cancer/stomach cancer/bowel cancer or advanced cancer. every symptom.

---------- Post added at 09:41 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

Off to the hospital soon, I just hope I am booked in the right appointment because my Dad will be annoyed :( :weep::emot-sleepyhead::sleep::redcard:

I am scared I got something serious wrong with me, pains are not normal, I can't explain the what the pains are unexplain

swajj
09-05-18, 10:36
You say that you have had health anxiety since 2012. What brought on your HA in 2012?

swajj
09-05-18, 12:49
Same here Fish. I wasn’t sure what NF was so I looked it up and saw that there are different types. I was wondering if the OP received his diagnosis of NF in 2012 as that is when his HA started.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Maybe there is a NF support group? It might be something the OP could benefit from.

OG
09-05-18, 13:31
I make myself hurt so much worrying about my testicles with keep checking them I had made my back hurt, I can feel pain in my hip and down my leg every time I do it, I am still worried about testicle cancer because of all the talk lately , trying to feel for lumps/bumps that my fear,

Have been through exactly this. It's a right B*stard!! :mad:

Eventually I found a GP who was great and very detailed and gave me great confidence. No lumps there, but had daily (and could be severe) pains in my testicles.

After I went to see him, I stopped checking and the pain for the most part disappeared, and I stopped worrying about it.

For me it was about finding a doctor I trusted - even though the majority of sources said pain is rare as a symptom of TC.

However, I've also found that health anxieties can still give you those doubts and even though he is happy that my symptoms such as neck pain and headaches are anxiety-related, there is still that doubt in the back of my mind that builds up.

Recently, the TC (and advance cancer) worries have returned following a couple of different groin pains on either side, alongside the headaches and neck pain. :weep::weep:

But I am determined to get through this and get back to a positive place by the summer, as it has got me down! Hope you get through this as well!

unsure_about_this
09-05-18, 16:42
To the questions asked, What cause my anxiety in 2012 my Dad during his bowel screening kit, even results were fine

I found I had NF when I was about nine.

have type 1 which is the most common type and less serious of the 2 or 3 or possible 4 types you can have.

I been to see the professor guy he does not think my pains are connect to my nf,

I don't need to see him for a 2 years and don't need a MRI brain scan for three years

I had bloods taken for to check for thyoid problems and another thing (but no urine sample this time, because I did asked)

My bloods which I had done on April 30th came back fine, not vit d problems surprising the person I saw said there were fine (my GP did say maybe a vit d problem)

My urine came back fine, I hope the place knew what there were testing for, if there were hidden blood I would have been told and sent off for my tests.

This health anxiety is a beast,

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Thanks I need to speak about pain managament if it a problem.

---------- Post added at 14:30 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

arthritis does run in the family on my mum side of the family, not sure about my dad side we don't seem to have much to do with them, we rarely see them, my Dad and his brothers have different lives,

---------- Post added at 16:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

I also been weight and have blood pressure taken 120/73 or 83) cannot remember which, I asked is that normal as the nurse say this 85 pulse rate

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Now I am worried about my blood pressure

BikerMatt
09-05-18, 16:45
120/83 or 73 is perfect blood pressure:)

unsure_about_this
09-05-18, 17:01
Thanks

My Dad came with me today, he heard me say I don't smoke or drink whilst I was having my bloods done, he talked to the specialist that i worried, where he thinks postive.
If there was any alarm the nurse and specialist would have told me and my dad what I needed to do.

I did mention my pains and anxiety.

AnxietySufferer
09-05-18, 17:30
omg i remember you from when i used to post about my own bowel cancer worries back in 2013, HA is a daily struggle but one thing i have learnt in that time is that anxiety can do crazy things to your body. Over the years i feel as though i have experience most symptoms at some point and feeling sick and a lack of appetite can definitely be one of them. I also went through a similar thing of being convinced i saw blood, could be something red youve eaten if its your bowel movements, as for the urine if it is not red in the bowl then chances are it wasn't red and your mind is playing tricks on you. Hope you feel better about things soon. :)

unsure_about_this
09-05-18, 21:48
He was professional, another doctor/student from a different also sat in the room with us to see how the hospital works. He did say if I had any more pains I need to tell my gp. My Dad did say to him it could be aches and pains we all get as we get older, I still think cancer, but my bloods would have shown something.
I think if I had kidney stones, bladder stones or bladder or kidney cancers something would have shown in my urine,

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

I am due to go to the dentist in June 2018, I go every three months but I worry I have oral cancer as well, even though I cannot see any odd new patches in my mouth tongue, I check my neck area for lumps and behind my ears, it is every pain, mark etc. If my dentist was worried she would referred me, I been for bloods last week and that came back fine. I asked her can she seen anything worrying

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

I don't smoke, don't drink I am 34, and go to dentist every three months, no bleeding in mouth, no lumps what I can see, just worrying about every mark, taste bud I can see. I know oral cancer is rare, no family history

unsure_about_this
10-05-18, 13:56
Back worrying about my heart, whether I have had heart attacks which i have not known about in the past or anxiety pains. I know when I worried a lot I get aches and pains, but never stabbing, pressure pains in the chest area which come back like gangbusters

Bigboyuk
10-05-18, 15:54
Back worrying about my heart, whether I have had heart attacks which i have not known about in the past or anxiety pains. I know when I worried a lot I get aches and pains, but never stabbing, pressure pains in the chest area which come back like gangbusters Let me tell you, you would know cause I have had one and it's not nice, I was very dizzy and my head was sweating badly like I had run a marathon, really you need to get off the internet and go out for a walk or do something enjoyable we have all heard what you are going through so to repeat the same things over and over wont help. ATB

swajj
11-05-18, 11:02
Bigboy is right, you would know if you had a heart attack. It isn’t something that would happen one day and be ok the next. It’s the same with most of the many other conditions you think you have. There are no hazy maybes with sinister conditions. Does it help you coming here? If so then how?

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Do you think that your concern about having NF is causing some of your HA? Based on my own first encounter with HA, which had no truly identiable cause, I imagine if I had NF then I might develop HA too. Even though your HA didn’t come on until 6 years ago, it’s possible that your anxiety about it has been simmering away below the surface for many years before 2012. I’m wondering if you have ever had one on one counselling for your HA? Instead of chasing all those different diagnoses why don’t you start chasing an appointment with a mental health expert? I can honestly say that before I started my therapy sessions I was so completely caught up in my conviction that I was dying that I could not think rationally. That’s where you are now. It’s a nightmare and you need an expert to help you come out of it.

unsure_about_this
11-05-18, 20:12
Maybe it is to do with HA my nf, I have cbt in the past but did not work, as I could not think rationally and the coach talked me out of things.

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

I have read through the report I had done over the phone

I have emailed nf neuro place to asked about nurses in the region where I live.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

I really need to speak to gp about pain mangement like people have said.

I don't trust gps and doctors or dentists but need to go

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:55 ----------

I have a response from the email, looks like I have to phone them up.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Started to take multi vitimins but stopped after two days as I am worried by overdosing on a vitimin thanks to google

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Fed up with these aches and pains, numbness, pin and needles, my dad just get on with his aches and pains, I can't he does not suffer from nf, my dad asked whether I think i need a brain scan as the specialist does not think so.
These pains don't come on one day, it is making me feel miserable , upset in pain etc, causing problems yet again

I am going to GP next week to sort this pain out,

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

I am worried I got a brain tumour as I don't know it with these symptoms in my arms, legs, back etc. no fits, blood pressue fine

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

no throwing up

unsure_about_this
12-05-18, 12:24
I am going down to the gp next week to see whether I can see a gp about my pains again. I am still worry this is a cancer causing this. and ms

The person says I could be getting the pains and aches as we get older. He also tried the

Schrödinger's cat technique. Also now I got appointment technique nothing I can do until being seen by gp

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

scared I am riddled with cancer even though my testicle ultrasound came back fine, bloods came fine, urine sample fine. blood pressure fine.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Even though my blood test were fine what I went for the 30th April, these pains are driving my mad.

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Going back to gp to asked for a 4th testicle ultrasound worried about the aches and pains, I may have been doing it too much checking and damage it, the scan did not show anything worrying, I don't think I would have been allowed to go home back in April 2018.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Worried because my blood test was clear, which is good, that sometimes bloods don't show there is a problem. I know last time I had a repeat blood test because my white cells were high and that was bcause I had a cold.
I keep googling.

Bigboyuk
12-05-18, 12:39
I am going down to the gp next week to see whether I can see a gp about my pains again. I am still worry this is a cancer causing this. and ms

The person says I could be getting the pains and aches as we get older. He also tried the

Schrödinger's cat technique. Also now I got appointment technique nothing I can do until being seen by gp

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

scared I am riddled with cancer even though my testicle ultrasound came back fine, bloods came fine, urine sample fine. blood pressure fine.

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Even though my blood test were fine what I went for the 30th April, these pains are driving my mad.

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Going back to gp to asked for a 4th testicle ultrasound worried about the aches and pains, I may have been doing it too much checking and damage it, the scan did not show anything worrying, I don't think I would have been allowed to go home back in April 2018.

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Worried because my blood test was clear, which is good, that sometimes bloods don't show there is a problem. I know last time I had a repeat blood test because my white cells were high and that was bcause I had a cold.
I keep googling.Hi Nothing or no one is gong to be able to reassure you, you are out of control with your HA wether you have another 10 ultrasound tests that will all come back clear just like previous ultrasound tests you have done. STOP GOOGLING your symptoms this is not helping you and is making you much worse! Instead talk to your dr about your HA say you have had enough and now want to get help what ever it takes to control/manage your HA :) Don't want to hear any more about your symptoms okay ATB

unsure_about_this
14-05-18, 12:49
I am off to the gp today, to talk to her about my symptoms and my ha. I have recieved an email from the nf place, got another contact to email, if not I can phone up the number.

Bigboyuk
14-05-18, 12:51
I am off to the gp today, to talk to her about my symptoms and my ha. I have recieved an email from the nf place, got another contact to email, if not I can phone up the number. Hi This is good news :) You can do this so good luck and keep us updated!! ATB

unsure_about_this
14-05-18, 16:46
Well I been to GP saw a student GP first followed by the GP. she told me try taking paractmol and neuofen, swimming, change pillow, and mattress

She did say blood tests would show something,

I had no tests done today.

I said I have had health anxiety and mention my worries of cancer and ms and some other wonderful condition. I did mention about nf and phoning up the nurse.

pulisa
14-05-18, 18:25
Thank goodness you weren't offered any more tests. Sensible GP.

Ring that number I gave you for the NF specialist nurse now? What are you waiting for?

unsure_about_this
16-05-18, 22:05
Trying to get in touch with NF, but been worried about my health still.

I am still waiting for my blood test from hospital last week. I should have not looked by my blood looked a bit darker than usually where she were drawing bloods, like dark red/black.

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

I seem to remember she drew it from a vein.

Elen
17-05-18, 08:03
Phil

I have merged your threads together as it is a continuation of the same problem.

I really hope that you manage to get in touch with the NF nurse and that they can offer you some real help.

elen

pulisa
17-05-18, 08:11
I saw on the news that it's NF Awareness Day today so a good day to make that call. That's if you really want to?

unsure_about_this
17-05-18, 13:54
I know I need to make that call, I been on the website looks like Mondays or Wednesdays, the helpline is okay.

I know my blood tests came back fine and had I have anything like bone cancer I think my white cells or whatever would have been high (I don't what the gps test for) it was routine.

I just worried these pains are cancer slowly spreading., even though the bloods would have shown something. she says it just wear and tear.

She did asked whether the pains were worst at night.

I also worried sometimes the last two nights have been quite warm, getting warm in bed, but no sweating.

I showed her where the pains were.

I told her I was worried about MS/Cancer etc

If I had a cancer what I have mention and it was serious I be layed up in bed

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Still worried about my testicles and pains, even though I mention the pains to my gp, scan was fine.

unsure_about_this
17-05-18, 19:31
Going to phone up my GP on Monday saying I can't cope with my anxiety no more. I worried about every mark because of nf etc.

My mum has NF as even though she concerned about having nf mark she gets on with it.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

I think I need bloods tests done again and scans to find the cause of the pains, to me these are real and making me feel worry more. I know the NF maybe able to help me, but I want to rule that is not cancer causing the pains, how would I know the difference between real bone cancer and pains.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:30 ----------

I know last two nights were pretty warm, but not sweating like drenching like a pig etc. it is every symptom I am worried about.

unsure_about_this
18-05-18, 18:58
Still waiting for one blood test result which I did at the hospital the nurse did it for me (surely that has not got lost) it was last Wednesday. I think the specialist was checking for any thyroid problems I did asked whether I needed to do anything else.

He used to his dictaphone to type the report up I have not heard anything but that was last Wednesday

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

I am scared that the results gone missing.

unsure_about_this
19-05-18, 18:49
I am now worried I may have penile cancer with a little belmish/freckle (not a spot or lump) I worry about every mark being cancer. I had a blood done April 30th which came back fine, and something else blood test 9th May.
no bleeding, no rashes etc.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Yes I have googled. I worry about every mark, etc

unsure_about_this
20-05-18, 21:54
Decided tomorrow going to try and phone up the number for nf.

I am worried about my health still without swearing it is causing friction once again between my parents, I think I got something serious wrong. I am worried about every mark, line, vein, rash (if I have any) blood line, mark. etc. it is now penile cancer I am worried about a rere cancer in the uk especially for my age group.

My parents keep saying I got to try and stop worrying (so much for them I know trying to help me, but I am getting anxieous, my Dad was complaining how long it took me to get ready I was self checking myself) I worry about every ache, tablets are not helping me, vitimin tablets making me feel worst

swimming is off, found somewhere else with better times,

Bigboyuk
20-05-18, 23:01
Decided tomorrow going to try and phone up the number for nf.

I am worried about my health still without swearing it is causing friction once again between my parents, I think I got something serious wrong. I am worried about every mark, line, vein, rash (if I have any) blood line, mark. etc. it is now penile cancer I am worried about a rere cancer in the uk especially for my age group.

My parents keep saying I got to try and stop worrying (so much for them I know trying to help me, but I am getting anxieous, my Dad was complaining how long it took me to get ready I was self checking myself) I worry about every ache, tablets are not helping me, vitimin tablets making me feel worst

swimming is off, found somewhere else with better times, Mate that is so sad, absolute tourture I feel for you basically how I read your post
you are convinced you are riddled with cancer :weep:Do other members spot this too!? Do call NF tomorrow its essential now and get the support you need and keep us updated please :bighug1: ATVB

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

And it will put a huge strain on your mum and especialy if they don't understand the mechanics behind HA Either way they are worried and care :) ATB

unsure_about_this
21-05-18, 10:41
Well I tried and did not get to far with it, I got sent email last week with information about nf1.

My worries put a great strain on family :mad::mad::weep:

I am worried about every symptom. I been told how many times I been to gp this year so far.

Bigboyuk
21-05-18, 11:06
Well I tried and did not get to far with it, I got sent email last week with information about nf1.

My worries put a great strain on family :mad::mad::weep:

I am worried about every symptom. I been told how many times I been to gp this year so far. Hi Sorry that wouldn't cut it for me you need proper support for your NF do they not have meetings you can attend or some one you can sit down with and talk? Prehaps Google Nf Groups or Nf organisations. What Iam saying please don't give up and if you are struggling to find Nf help maybe get your Gp to look in to this for you they may have some contacts in this to help you :) ATB

swajj
21-05-18, 11:46
Do your parents try to help you to find someone qualified to deal with mental health?

unsure_about_this
21-05-18, 15:04
Do your parents try to help you to find someone qualified to deal with mental health?

I think my parents are trying to help me. I been to the GP a number of times this year already and still think there is something wrong with me, my Dad thinks if I try to eat more I will feel better. He just gets on with it and not worried about every mark, line,spot etc. My Mum is the same.

Hi Sorry that wouldn't cut it for me you need proper support for your NF do they not have meetings you can attend or some one you can sit down with and talk? Prehaps Google Nf Groups or Nf organisations. What Iam saying please don't give up and if you are struggling to find Nf help maybe get your Gp to look in to this for you they may have some contacts in this to help you :) ATB

I will keep on trying. My Dad says I got the information needed on the internet and what I been sent,

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

I got in touch with a mental health place and thinking about contacting mind or some mens helpline.

Bigboyuk
21-05-18, 15:19
I think my parents are trying to help me. I been to the GP a number of times this year already and still think there is something wrong with me, my Dad thinks if I try to eat more I will feel better. He just gets on with it and not worried about every mark, line,spot etc. My Mum is the same.

I will keep on trying. My Dad says I got the information needed on the internet and what I been sent,

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

I got in touch with a mental health place and thinking about contacting mind or some mens helpline. That's a sensible approach mate :) contact as many as you can but preferably a NF support group would be good, there must be something that caters for NF sufferers do keep us updated on whats happening. ATB

unsure_about_this
21-05-18, 16:37
That's a sensible approach mate :) contact as many as you can but preferably a NF support group would be good, there must be something that caters for NF sufferers do keep us updated on whats happening. ATB

Thanks my Dad asked what I want to know about NF.

My Dad and Mum asked me why I am worried about cancer or asked me why I think I got cancer.

In a couple of weeks time I be chased up by the other place to see whether I done anything on the other sheets, so far I done a bit,

I got my meeting Thursday so I can talk to someone about whether I can get so other contacts for my health anxiety, may not be able to help me with my NF contacts.

I know my specialist who I saw on the 9th May does not seem too concerned about my nf symptoms.

unsure_about_this
21-05-18, 21:08
Given up talking to my parents about my health conditions ::weep::shrug: I think there is something wrong with me.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

I can't keep running to gp every two minutes. but i have read a lot of articles about penile cancer which made me look at my penis foreskin more, and penis more.

Bigboyuk
21-05-18, 21:34
Given up talking to my parents about my health conditions ::weep::shrug: I think there is something wrong with me.

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

I can't keep running to gp every two minutes. but i have read a lot of articles about penile cancer which made me look at my penis foreskin more, and penis more. Ok you don't know for sure if this other place cant find you any NF contacts where you could talk to in person so do ask along with HA contacts etc, as for your parents do they understand HA or do think you actually have some thing totally serious? I know you don't, so do other members. Yeah you have NF no body doubts that this is why is so important to get help with this condition and equally important to get help with your HA too some maybe needed 2 different support would help keeping going yeah its a hard slog and exhausting at times, but well worth the effort long term:yesyes: ATVB

unsure_about_this
22-05-18, 12:48
Well my Dad read through the assessment form feedback, he noticed I had cancer fix writing down, and asked me whether I was looking up nf1 again online.

He says I need to get out more.

I am struggling with every symptom I can thinking everything bad, also get worried about going to the dentist again, I worried about every twinge, I get embarrssed about my teeth I go every three months. I had the tools etc. I think I got the worst teeth dentist seen

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Still worried about my health still :( I worried i have penile cancer something rare in my age, worried about kidney cancer with backpains etc. etc.