PDA

View Full Version : Weightlifting, working out

BazB44
20-03-18, 16:08
I finally got back into the gym after spending about 14 months away from it. Today I lifted, and my right hand kept feeling tight and crampy (and it feels like it wants to curl in, but doesn't). After lifting I feel shaky, jerky.

I used to lift a lot over a year ago but don't recall having these issues before. Do any of you who lift weights get these things?

mjh82
20-03-18, 16:38
Yes, you gotta ease into working out especially after that long of a period off. Start out doing a light workout for a couple of weeks to get your body back to work out mode. Did you hydrate before, during, and after?

jrcoleman
20-03-18, 16:49
I can relate. I was working out regularly and really enjoying it. Then out of the blue I started getting muscle tightness and shakiness after my workouts. I did stretch and made sure to bring my lactic acid down. I think it was called exercise induced panic attack. I started back on Sertraline about 4 weeks ago and am feeling a bit less shaky now, I will probably try to start working out again next week. It sucks huh?

BazB44
20-03-18, 17:04
ahh hydration. yeah hydration is something I struggle with in general. I don't drink much water or anything. I do drink some coconut water or kefir, but id say on a daily basis I might have 2 cups of....anything. Not the recommended 8 glasses a day