PDA

View Full Version : Not doing anything

Jh25769
21-03-18, 01:48
I am unable to do anything I enjoy anymore as my anxiety kicks in and I'm too afraid to do it. I just keep putting it off forever. How can I stop this and start enjoying life again?

happybunny13
21-03-18, 13:08
Push yourself to do it. Write down how u felt after. Face your fear. Little steps at a time

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Jh25769
21-03-18, 21:45
I've tried this. It doesn't work. I know I'll be ok after making the initial first step. It's just making it.

Cherryade
22-03-18, 11:04
I always break things down into the smallest of steps. If I have to go shopping for instance I say to myself that instead of going to a busy supermarket, I will go to the quieter local shops. If I need to do gardening I will say, well just do an hour and then stop. I can sit and think about doing something for a few hours before I actually start doing it. Part of anxiety is that we overthink things and then do nothing! Even emptying the bin sometimes takes a good hour or more of thought. I know my anxiety is low when I do things right away - when its high it takes me all day to do the smallest thing!

ankietyjoe
22-03-18, 12:32
I've tried this. It doesn't work. I know I'll be ok after making the initial first step. It's just making it.

You have to keep doing it in spite of the way you feel. You may well feel like utter crap, but you've done it. It gets easier the more you do it.

db92
26-03-18, 13:29
I'm the same but avoidance is the worst thing you can do for your anxiety, once you get through the initial anxiety and physical symptoms you should start to feel ok. Good luck.

martywilliams
27-03-18, 12:41
yes, avoidance is the worst thing you can do for your anxiety.