PDA

View Full Version : Can you get sick from eating undercooked brownies?

Moso13
21-03-18, 01:51
I was making the brownies that you put in a cup and add water and put in the microwave.It said 55 seconds and I did it for 50 so it wasn't super firm but as*I ate it i realized the consistency was really powdery and it didnt get mixed well and I looked on the box and I realized that depending on the wattage it can take 1 minute and 30 seconds depending on wattage. The brownie was hot, but still powdery and grindy. Well I ate it and now im worried. If I get sick will I be ok?

NancyW
21-03-18, 03:06
I responded to this on the anxiety central website, how many anxiety boards do you post the same question on?

nomorepanic
21-03-18, 11:37
I haven't seen the replies on other anxiety forums but the answer it no you can't get sick from it.

Why are you worried about these things?

Fishmanpa
21-03-18, 12:02
Why are you worried about these things?

That's the million dollar question :shrug: If one could give a rational answer and accept a rational explanation, anxiety, specifically HA would be cured. Be it nodes, cancer or any other one of the irrational fears posted on the boards, it all comes down to a flawed thought process and behaviors that reinforce it.

It's that thought process and subsequent reinforcing behaviors, not the perceived symptoms, that need to be addressed by a real life professional.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
21-03-18, 12:05
Something I am trying at the moment is to try and challenge thoughts rather than just answer the question as I think this may help the OP (somewhat) if they can understand why things worry them.

Catherine S
21-03-18, 15:02
Moso13, little children usually indulge in uncooked cake mix when helping their parents to bake cakes and they don't come to any harm.

unsure_about_this
21-03-18, 15:37
Moso13, little children usually indulge in uncooked cake mix when helping their parents to bake cakes and they don't come to any harm.

I agree with this statement, me and my sister did it was were kids baking with my mum and we did not get sick.

.Poppy.
21-03-18, 19:56

I also agree with this. I love brownie batter, often I will make brownies just so I can lick the bowl!

That said, sometimes there IS a bit of a risk, but that is because of the raw eggs. The mix you used doesn't utilize raw eggs, so there is absolutely no risk at all.

Fishmanpa
21-03-18, 20:09
Something I am trying at the moment is to try and challenge thoughts rather than just answer the question as I think this may help the OP (somewhat) if they can understand why things worry them.

I agree and it makes sense as I do it too. You just have to recognize when challenging a wall becomes an exercise if futility.

Positive thoughts

KK77
21-03-18, 21:49
I used to scrape the cake-mix bowl clean and at most I would get a gut-ache for a while :wacko:

Sparky16
21-03-18, 22:11
I don't see how you could get sick from those since no raw egg is added, and you ate it right away, so it wasn't sitting around wet.

I wouldn't eat those instant brownies just because they are not very good. :p

Ever had those cake pops that people make that are almost always soggy inside? I always wonder about those, but nobody ever gets sick eating them, including me.

Catherine S
21-03-18, 22:16
You got gut ache? From what KK? You must have been a very delicate child :unsure:

KK77
21-03-18, 22:50
I ate the rock cakes you kindly sent me, danke, so the opposite must surely be true (*burp*) :shades:

WiseMonkey
21-03-18, 23:13
You have to take all these old wives tales with a big bag of salt and rely on your common sense.

Can you get sick from eating uncooked cookie dough, are you kidding me?!! Our digestive systems are not that sensitive. If you ate too much you could get a stomach ache or even vomit, but this is just common knowledge or plain common sense!

I remember my mother saying don't touch raw egg whites or you'll get warts! This is an utter load of rubbish, just another old wives tale :wacko:

MyNameIsTerry
22-03-18, 01:27
Are these just bags/pots of powder? If so, they are preserved & treated to be transported and sit on shelves for ages.

I've made things using powders and often had to deviate from manufacturers instructions to get them right. Sometimes you end up with more powder but it's still only the powder they put in there that lasts for a long time.

I've even eaten Pot Noodles a few times and remained alive :biggrin: