PDA

View Full Version : Yellow stools for 3 months can it be due to nerve damage?

CDKyn
21-03-18, 20:27
About 3 months ago I hurt my neck on the left side just behind and below the ear and the next day my voice went hoarse or a week and a day or two after that I started to have pain on the right side and then yellow stools.
Doctor thought it was gallbladder but 2 ultrasounds a HIDA scan as well as a CT with contrast of my abdomen and ruled it out and he said everything else looked fine except for my liver which was a bit fatty but he said that was normal for type 2 diabetics.
The pain on the right side has largely cleared up though the stools are still oddly yellow colored however I know am now getting pain that comes and goes on the far left and in the middle of my stomach, its not a sharp pain but more of a dull ache plus lots and lots of gas and rumblings in my intestines.
Since I have no fever nor jaundice the doctor has now declared it to be IBS (he did not explain it either other than to say that nor did he advise me on any dietary changes I should consider so needless to say I am seeking a new doctor now).
So my question is since this started with the neck injury and if it was the vagus nerve (which I suspect it was since I now have near zero gag reflex on the left side of my tongue near the back but the right still gags me) could the damage have caused the IBS and how likely is that nerve to heal assuming of course its damaged rather than pinched?
If its pinched does anyone happen to know if there are any surgical options to relieve the pressure?