PDA

View Full Version : Daily Mirror Feature

charlottehaigh74
12-07-07, 11:52
Hello everyone
I'm looking for a woman who suffers from, or has suffered from, severe panic attacks, to talk to me for a feature for the Daily Mirror's health section. You'd just need to chat to me over the phone about your experiences, and you'd also be pictured in the paper.
I'm very pleased they've asked me to write this piece as I know this is a huge issue, and anything we can do to raise awareness is fantastic. So if you'd like to share your story, please contact me by 15 July on: charlottehaigh@btinternet.com

Thank you,
Charlotte

nomorepanic
12-07-07, 18:21
I am doing an interview with Charlotte tomorrow or the weekend so I will let you know how I get on.

Anyone else fancy it?

domino
12-07-07, 18:25
Not for me, but just wanted to wish you well with the interveiw, and i shall look forward to seeing you in the paper!!:shades:

nomorepanic
13-07-07, 21:08
Ok I am not doing the interview now as they found someone with a family they want to use but Charlotte is going to still try and get some info on there about the website so I will be talking to her over the weekend.

honeybee3939
13-07-07, 21:19
Ohh thats a shame Nic but will be great if the website is mentioned:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

DanielleB32
13-07-07, 21:25
I think any coverage would be great to heighten awareness to all sufferers out there and their families. Before I was diagnosed I didn't even know this type of condition existed. And was so happy to find a Chat Room full of lovely people so open to help and all the other info on the Website. You should go on LK Today and all thoes type of shows and really promote this site. Really has helped just to know there are lots of people out there feeling the same or in some cases far worse than me.

Thank-You to all.:hugs:

Danielle.X.:yesyes:

belle
13-07-07, 22:33
I've spoken to Charlotte and meant to be having a photographer come round tomorrow at 11am to take a photo. I don't know whether i am in or not.
Have to wait and see..

x

nomorepanic
13-07-07, 22:36
Bluebell - do you have a family ?

belle
13-07-07, 22:38
Yes. I'm married with an 8 1/2 year old son.

nomorepanic
13-07-07, 22:53
ok so it is probably you then lol or they wouldn't take pics.

honeybee3939
13-07-07, 22:56
Ohh bluebell

Good luck for tommorrow hun, hope it all goes well:)

Love
Andrea
xxxx

Piglet
13-07-07, 23:30
Ooh good luck! :yesyes:

Piglet :flowers:

bearcrazy
14-07-07, 06:33
I am horrified by the number of people who dont understand depression, anxiety or general Mental Illness. Anything that helps to highlight the suffering of people with these problems and get rid of the stigma associated, has my vote. Good Luck with the interview and keep us posted on when it will be in!

TC xxxxxxxxx :hugs:

domino
14-07-07, 09:51
Good luck for today, keep us informed wo,nt you.

belle
14-07-07, 12:59
All done!

x

honeybee3939
14-07-07, 13:17
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Hope it went well Bluebell !

Love
Andrea
xxxx

Piglet
14-07-07, 15:24
Ooh well done Bluebell - let us know more when you know more.

Love Piglet :flowers:

belle
16-07-07, 10:36
Hi..
Just spoken to Charlotte and we ran through the piece that was going to be in the paper. I have to say, it was a VERY good interview and Charlotte covered my illness from start to now, explaining pretty much everything.

It should be in within the next couple of weeks in the Mirror's health section which either comes out on a Tuesday or Thursday.

I do need to make an apology because i take a HORRID picture and sadly they couldn't use Carmen Electra's face instead of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

honeybee3939
16-07-07, 11:03
Thats great Bluebell:yesyes: :yesyes:

Will look forward to seeing it:yesyes: :yesyes:

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

belle
16-07-07, 11:20
Thanks Andrea :)

X

panicdiva
19-07-07, 00:04
cool, can't wait to read it.

belle
23-07-07, 13:42
Hi everyone..

It should be in either Tues or Thurs this week, if not, then next week.

x

Trev
24-07-07, 10:06
It's in today's and you look great. Well done!!!!

Piglet
24-07-07, 11:59
Thanks for letting us know Trev - will try and get a copy.

Piglet :flowers:

northern_sky
24-07-07, 13:50
I've just read it online I'm gonna buy a copy too. :yesyes: Being relatively new to all this (3 months) it''s great and very reassuring to read about it in papers and mags, thanks for doing it Bluebell. :)

belle
24-07-07, 14:11
Omg - Am I In Today??
I Haven't Seen It......
Arggghhh!

belle
24-07-07, 14:16
http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/yourlife/sexandhealth/2007/07/24/panic-attacks-89520-19510641/

normalwisdom
24-07-07, 15:14
Well done you it looks great and a good advert for the site too lol (sorry nic you will be even more busy :hugs: )

I hope people will read it and try to understand more about the condition, and you looked really nice in the pics too:shades:

Piglet
24-07-07, 15:15
You're in it hun and what's more you look beautiful - yay!! :yesyes:

It's a good read and yet again brings the public awareness to an issue that can affect so many of us from all walks of life.

Thank you for being prepared to do this - the condition can never have too much publicity.

Also I expect we'll have a fair few new members from it too.

Good on ya Bluebell!!:yesyes:

belle
24-07-07, 15:28
Be honest, i still haven't seen it - do i look like a pig?
I was having a "fat, spotty, ugly, scabby" day that day.

Piglet
24-07-07, 15:38
No you honestly honestly look gorgeous!! Never again do I want to hear you say you're not a little stunner - ok!!!!!

Slothette
24-07-07, 15:54
Hi Bluebell......just read it! Well done and you look great! Now stop pulling yourself down ok!! :)

Lexxie

belle
24-07-07, 17:54
Okay - I have seen it. People are going to see those pictures and think "No wonder she doesn't go out". On the window picture i look like a pouting duck and the top picture i look goofy! Ugh. The photographer took flipping loads and if those pictures in the paper were the best ones, i am in proper trouble. I am digusted with myself for looking so hiddeous. I seriously can't express on here how upset i am with how i look!!!!

The article is fab though, i am very impressed.

Quirky
24-07-07, 18:08
Hi Bluebell,

Great article, well done :hugs:

I can't comment on what you look like as I can't see a picture of you on that website :shrug: I'm sure you looked fab though :yesyes:

Lisa x

northern_sky
24-07-07, 18:30
You're in it hun and what's more you look beautiful - yay!! :yesyes:

It's a good read and yet again brings the public awareness to an issue that can affect so many of us from all walks of life.

Thank you for being prepared to do this - the condition can never have too much publicity.

Also I expect we'll have a fair few new members from it too.

Good on ya Bluebell!!:yesyes:

Completely. It's taken me three months to accept what happened to me was a panic attack. I think I'd still be clueless without here, the rest of the net and an article in The Times and now this one in The Mirror.

Trev
24-07-07, 18:47
It took courage to do it. Don't put yourself down about the pictures, you looked great in them.

honeybee3939
24-07-07, 21:23
Hi Bluebell

I saw the article today also, and you did look fab:yesyes:

Was an excellent article to make people more aware of panic/anxiety, you did a fab job hun.

Love
Andrea
xxxxx