PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with HA about loved ones

deusvult
22-03-18, 01:33
Since having kids I have found that the sole focus of my HA is my family, which I find harder to deal with than the anxiety with my own health that I used to have.

Does anyone else experience this, and if so, what techniques do you find helpful in managing it? The last thing in the world anyone wishes would be to cause their own kids to have HA!

bulan
22-03-18, 01:51
Yes, I hear you! I don't have any tips, but I do have a lot of empathy. I become very worried about my son the moment it looks like he may be getting a fever, or when he acts tired during the day. My husband always comes to the simplest, most innocent conclusion, while I jump to the scariest one. It's terrifying and exhausting.

deusvult
23-03-18, 00:13
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this as well. It's even harder when it's an actual symptom, rather than just a vague feeling of dread that something will happen.

I suppose deep down (WAY down), we know everything is going to be ok.

Ascetic
23-03-18, 04:07
My mother is like this. I have yet to find a way to help her, but it seems key to relinquish yourself from the thought that you are fully responsible for your child’s health. You can be a good example, you can feed them the proper food, you can teach them about health and wellness, ...but that’s about all you can do.

You have to take life as it comes. And until then, do what you can do to be proactive. And make sure you are strong as an individual, because if your child does ever need you – whether in a time of illness or simply a time of distress – you want to feel prepared.