PDA

View Full Version : Need some rational advice over sleep, may lose my job !!!

martywilliams
22-03-18, 09:30
Hi all,

I had severe anxiety earlier but now its under control and I can function in my day to day life and go to work etc.

I take 12.5 mg Paxil per day.

My query is sometimes I sleep for only 6 hrs a day and I wake up before my normal 8 hrs quota and that makes me quite nervous.

I feel I will faint or have a heart attack or simply collapse at work because I didn't sleep for full 8 hrs and I work from home that day and my boss is not having it anymore.

I need some rational medically backed advice that if I sleep for only 4-5 hrs a day and go to work next day, even though I may feel shitty I wont collapse.

I don't want to take any sleeping aids too.

Sorry if I am sounding weird.:blush:

Midnight-mouse
23-03-18, 13:54
I don’t have any medical advice but I know that no one in my home sleeps 8 hours. My mum works in the NHS and at best gets about 4/5 hours a night and carries on for a 12 hour shift.

I sleep at most 5 hours a night just due to anxiety in general, neither my mum or I have ever passed out/collapsed. It feels sucky but many people don’t sleep. Just think about people with babies! They carry on throughout the day with the weird broken sleep that comes with nursing a little one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martywilliams
26-03-18, 04:49
Thanks