PDA

View Full Version : Going on holiday...MAYBE

seh1980
13-12-04, 19:59
hello everyone,

Just thought I would let you all know that I will be leaving for Paris on Wednesday...I THINK!! Here's the problem: I sent my passport off to the Home Office a while ago in order to extend my residency here in the UK (I'm American) and I still haven't got it back!! [Ugh] I have phoned them and told them that I am meant to be going home for Christmas on Wednesday and they have said that it can take up to 10 days for my passport to be returned. So...if it doesn't come in tomorrow's or Wednesday's post, I guess I will have to delay my trip :(

Fingers crossed...

Sarah

mico
13-12-04, 22:14
Hi Sarah

Hope your passport comes in time. Paris for Christmas? Sounds like good stuff. Get back on the phone to them and give them a kick up the... :D.

Good luck with the trip.

mico

Karen
13-12-04, 22:35
Hi Sarah

I hope you manage to sort out your passport in time for Wednesday. Enjoy your visit home and I hope you have a good Christmas.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
13-12-04, 23:33
Hi Sarah

Hope it comes through. I know how much you were looking forward to going away.

On the down side if the worst happens and it doesnt you wont be alone as you can spend the day with Sam and me. I am at work on the morning but could pick you up from work and not back until 1 pm on boxing day. Know it is looking on the worst side of it but just to know that if it all goes wrong i am here for you hon.

Hope you get your passport back hopefully you will with the new office been in Durham they have no excuses for delays.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

seh1980
14-12-04, 10:37
hello everyone,

Well, my passport still hasn't arrived!!! [No]

If it isn't here in tomorrow's post, I won't be able to go with my mum tomorrow. :(

Sal - thanks for the offer hun but I would just book another flight and still go to Paris for Xmas. Just hope I can go tomorrow!!

Sarah :D

lainey
14-12-04, 11:33
Hi Sarah

How far do you live from the passport office, can you not collect it. Just a thought

Have a lovely Christmas

Elaine x

seh1980
14-12-04, 18:36
hi Lainey,

The passport office for the Home Office is down in Croydon and I'm in Durham. It's about 300 miles away!!! I just hope it comes tomorrow...

Sarah

trac67
14-12-04, 20:21
Hi Sarah,
I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you in the hope that your passport arrives tomorrow, hopefully it will and you can go and have a brilliant christmas. Take care
Trac[8)]

vernon
14-12-04, 22:04
awww sorry sarah. even though we will miss you i realy hope it comes tomorrow. what a load of idiots these government sevices are. let us know sarah soon as it irives. take care Vernon

seh1980
15-12-04, 10:03
Well, my passport hasn't arrived :(

My mum leaves for the airport in a couple of hours and I guess I won't be going with her...:(

Not fair!!!!!!!

vernon
15-12-04, 12:41
so sorry Sarah, i realy am they are bloody usless, it will probs come soon as your mum leave then both of u will have to travel alone? Its just not good enough. tc sarah.

Karen
15-12-04, 13:05
Hi Sarah

I'm so sorry your passport didn't arrive today. Can you ring the passport office and see what is happening?

I hope it arrives soon so you can travel home for Christmas.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
15-12-04, 14:42
hello everyone,

Well, this whole thing is getting far too hectic!!

I have rung up the Home Office and asked about it all - they have told me that my passport hasn't even been dispatched yet!!!!! AND they have no idea when it will be sent!!!!!

I offered to come and pick it up cos if I wait, I may never get home for Xmas. It's all the way down in Croydon (i'm in Durham), so about 300 miles away. I would fly to Gatwick, train to Croydon, taxi to the Home office, train to Heathrow and fly to Paris. All this is going to cost me £300!!!!!!!!

AND...I'm still not even sure that I can pick up the passport in person. I am waiting for them to call me to confirm it. This is ridiculous...Am feeling so depressed and fed-up now...

Sarah

Karen
15-12-04, 14:56
I'm not surprised you are feeling fed up. It is a lot of hassle to have to go through, as well as the cost aspect.

I hope you are able to sort it out.

Karen

lainey
15-12-04, 15:02
Hi Sarah

So sorry you weren't able to tavel with your mum today, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hope it works out ok.

Elaine

seh1980
15-12-04, 18:17
Thanks a lot for your support!!

Well, I never heard back from the Home Office today - what a surprise!!
I tried to phone them but they were closed. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow...

Sarah :(

seh1980
16-12-04, 15:15
hello again everyone,

Well, here's the latest news: The Home Office is sending me my passport today Recorded Delivery so it should be here tomorrow morning. I have booked myself another flight for tomorrow afternoon so hopefully this time, I will actually get to Paris!!!!!

Karen
16-12-04, 16:00
That is good news Sarah. I hope eveything goes to plan this time.

Karen

seh1980
16-12-04, 16:42
Thanks Karen - me too!! :D

Meg
16-12-04, 19:27
Thats great news Sarah

Have a good trip .

Love
Meg

seh1980
16-12-04, 20:35
Thanks Meg!!

I'm still not too confident though. After all the hassle I have been through, I won't believe I'm going anywhere till I see my passport!!

lainey
17-12-04, 07:58
Hi Sarah

Good news chuck!

Have a lovely time in Paris

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you

Elaine xxx

seh1980
17-12-04, 12:35
Well, my passport STILL hasn't arrived!! It was sent special delivery yesterday and should be here by 1pm. I have checked the Royal Mail site and that's what it says. The mail never comes this late though...God, I might miss my flight at this rate. Am feeling so panicky...

Sarah

seh1980
17-12-04, 13:54
Guess what everyone?????

My flight leaves in 20 min and I'm still at home and...yes, how did you know?? my passport STILL hasn't arrived!!!!!!! am so depressed and have been bawling my eyes out. am so fed up...:(

Sarah

nomorepanic
17-12-04, 15:15
Sarah

That is really bad that it hasn't come!!!

Can you transfer to another flight atall?

Sorry to hear this mate.

Nicola

seh1980
17-12-04, 15:31
hi Nic,

My passport came at 2:15 pm even though Royal Mail guarantees its arrival by 1pm so I missed my flight. No, I can't transfer so have had to pay for another flight for tomorrow! Well, at least I know now that I can get on the plane...

Karen
17-12-04, 15:35
Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear you had to miss your flight again. It is typical of the Post Office for things not to arrive when they should.

At least you have your passport now and know you are definitely going tomorrow.

I hope you have a good Christmas!

Karen

nomorepanic
17-12-04, 16:35
Oh what a pain Sarah

Have a lovely safe trip tomorrow though won't you?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS and hope you have a great time [8D]

Nicola

jill
17-12-04, 21:05
Hi Sarah,

It must have been hell for you waiting for that
passport to arrive:(

I know you will have a fab time.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

FAN
17-12-04, 21:13
thats great news i was watching this with bated breath , have a great time and tell us all about it when you return

fan x

seh1980
20-12-04, 10:01
hello everyone,

Just thought I would let you all know that I'm in Paris (finally!!) and am having a great time!! It's freezing cold but I guess that's all part of the package. We're going to buy a Christmas tree today and decorations - yeah!! Hope you are all well!!

MERRY XMAS!!

kate
20-12-04, 10:39
Hi Sarah,

So pleased to see that you are finally in Paris!!:D

Have a lovely holiday and a very Happy Christmas.

Love Kate xx

Karen
20-12-04, 12:56
Hi Sarah

It's great to hear that you are having such a good time. It's freezing here today too!

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas.

Karen