PDA

View Full Version : Really strange thoughts about my existance

Dieselj28
12-07-07, 16:24
I've been pretty anxious this past week and have just randomly gotten these wierd thoughts about time itself and other things about my existance. I just randomly get thoughts like 'what if im just imagining the whole world around me and its all in my head' or 'what if ive somehow changed the world around me and i'm not in the real world that I should be in'. These thoughts are extremely bizzarre and pretty distressing too.

Does this have anything to do with anxiety or am i just going nuts??

groovygranny
12-07-07, 18:03
Well Deisel,

You're certainly not going nuts!:)

However, I know these thoughts can make you feel extremely uncomfortable to the point where you think you really are round the bend.

I have always had a very vivid imagination which can be very difficult to keep under control at times and which I think contributed to my 'what if I'm in an alternative universe?' thoughts when I was particularly poorly with anxiety, panic and depression.

At the time I found it helpful to concentrate on one particular fact that I knew to be as true as anything could be - and keep this thought uppermost in my mind. It certainly didn't work overnight but gradually, as I kept training myself to think of it when I 'drifted off' so to speak the 'mad thoughts' decreased in intensity.

Don't know if the same might help you, but it might be worth a try.

Seems like our minds act like runaway cars with faulty breaks sometimes - we've just got to train ourselves to hold on to the steering wheel and regain control.

Take care

:hugs:

:flowers:

nomorepanic
12-07-07, 18:09
Hi there

Have a read of this website page...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms