PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

NourK
22-03-18, 22:37
Hi everyone,

I have just joined so pretty new to this. My name is Nour and I have an anxiety disorder. Currently, my extreme anxiety is due to fear of choking and also OCD.

Around 5 years ago, I was eating a nectarine and I bit on the stone and chocked on it. I have then developed a fear of eating and swallowing incase I choke again. I did some tests which came back as normal and I received CBT which really helped and I was ok for years.

My fear has been triggered again recently when I was in the shower when I thought I inhaled water and ended up coughing all day long. It was nothing to do with food or drink but since then, I have been so scared to eat or drink anything. I started to get better as I started to use alcohol in the evening to relax me and help me eat but I did not want to use alcohol as a tool anymore as it started to make me feel worse and just exhausted.

The last month has been in particular difficult and it is the worst I have ever felt. I have gone back on medication and I am receiving CBT again which I hope will help.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or fears?

Kind Regards

Nour

venusbluejeans
22-03-18, 22:52
Hiya NourK and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Louna
22-03-18, 22:57
Welcome to NoMorePanic, NourK!

I can see why this may have made you anxious.
There are plenty of people i’m sure who have had a similar experience.

I’m glad you have taken the step to recovery again with medication / CBT.

There are alot of great resources on this forum so do go have a browse through, so much information on this site

Good luck and best wishes!