PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes and panic

Sande
23-03-18, 21:43
Hello
Just wondering if there are any diabetic people on here or who know any who have health anxiety, I was diagnosed a week ago and have had a really tough time with this, unfortunately I googled it and have pegged myself for death, I’m worried my kidneys are damaged and I have high cholesterol ( they didn’t do a cholesterol check ) I have been put on 500mg of metformin twice a day while I loose weight as ideals I want to put this into remission and diet control this. I have also checked my blood pressure as the nurse didn’t bother and it’s around 138/97 all the time so this is a new worry for me, at one point my bp shot to 189/119 while I was having a panic attack, I have never had anxiety so bad I nearly fainted twice and I have never done that before. I guess I’ve just got myself into a mess about this I honestly feel like I have been handed a death sentence. My anxiety was good before this but now I’m back up on a high worrying every twinge is kidney or liver failure or I’m having a heart attack or stroke and now cancer has crept back in to 😩 sorry to blurt this all out, I guess it feels better just to say this to people who understand the added strain of anxiety on top of something else.

jrcoleman
24-03-18, 04:34
I am on a combination of Metformin (1000mg twice a day) and take Lisinopril for the blood pressure (works in conjunction with the metformin). I have also given up meat, dairy, cheese and processed foods. I managed to get my A1C down to a 6.2. You can bring the levels down. First step is to get off foods with added sugars. I know for a fact the cause of my diabetes was soda. I have completely weened myself of Soda, the only things I drink are water or green tea. It can be managed and some have actually been able to reverse it all together. Just remember the words "let food be thy medicine", and stay away from the foods engineered to kill us.

Sande
24-03-18, 09:09
Thank you, can I ask why no meat cheese and dairy? I am quite confused with what I can and can’t eat, I have cut out most carbohydrates and have loads of vegetables but no potatoes but didn’t know anything about meat and dairy. Thank you

jrcoleman
24-03-18, 16:01
If you have access to youtube, you might want to look up a documentary called forks over knives. It has some good explanation as to why meat is bad for humans. I do eat potatoes, I usually eat the skins with them. I just keep to whole foods (frozen vegetables are great if you check the labels for added oils or sugars). Also, brown rice is my staple, I like to add vegetables to my rice and add various Mrs. Dash spices. Just think about how our forefathers had to eat. We are much more fortunate though, we have vegetables available to us year round. Fruits, vegetables, potatoes, rice, salad, soy milk, almond milk. No reason why you should be starving. With this way of eating, you can pretty much eat until your full and not feel guilty about it. I don't bother with making a bunch of fancy Vegan meals (tofu quiche birthday cake and such), I just stick to natural foods. You can also make some great vegetable soups and chili. If you need a meat substitute look for tofu substitutes, but use them sparingly, they too are processed foods. Oh, and whole wheat and oats are also ok (again, when choosing whole wheat bread, make sure you check for added sugars). I like to make a vegetable sandwich with vegan mayonnaise, mustard and vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, etc).