PDA

View Full Version : ALS scare, Bicep pain for 2 months!

Samy
24-03-18, 05:05
I've been having lower aching pains in my bicep. Its tender to touch in an area it almost feels bruised but there is no bruise there and it will ache around there randomly throughout the day. its been like this for 2 months.
I used to lift weights quite a bit but i stopped as soon as i noticed this pain wasn't going away..now 2 months later my left lower bicep still hurts.
i saw a Neurologist but she said everything seemed fine except
i told her i always wake up with numb hands for a few mins, which she seemed worried about.
So now i am having and EMG but she still wasn't worried about ALS when i asked her, now im freaking out over what it could be ! ugh.

I'm freaking out so much right now because my pain wont go away... my muscles feel the same..ish except a gap feels larger on the left bicep than on the right close to the armpit under/ tricep area. if that makes any sense.
I haven't notice any change in strength besides my muscles always twitching too!

any thoughts if this could be ALS? :(
I'm 22 years old and a male.

WiseMonkey
24-03-18, 05:13
You haven't got ASL, wrong symptoms! With ALS there is no numbness, aching or pain, until the end of the disease.

Yours sounds like its a pinched nerve somewhere, hence the numbness and pain. Twitching is due to very tired muscles plus anxiety will make this worse.

A trip to the physio or chiropractor should help things :)

Samy
27-03-18, 07:48
See i read so many different things on als forums that i don't know what to believe anymore.
I don't know but this pain keeps coming back, it's the left underside of the bicep that hurts , it's like a specific spot i always feel the ache.
And it's been off and on for months, and now the stupid numbness in the mornings.
I'm scared out of my mind to find out i may have something serious like ALS tomorrow for the EMG :/

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

If someone could please reply with input or dm me that would help a lot... i can't shake this horrible fear for tomorrow..so scared for bad news and results. :weep:

AnxiousArsenal
27-03-18, 13:06
For one stop going into the ALS forums. They probably have pain but that is a whole different symptom. ALS does not represent itself with pain but with clinical weakness. ALS is falling and not failing. It’s so rare to get ALS. Trust me I’ve done extensive research into ALS when I first got my twitching! It’s taking me 8 years to get over the fact I don’t have ALS. You’re 22 and it’s practically unheard of at your age! You just have pain in your bicep that’s it. Good luck for tomorrow x

Josh1234
27-03-18, 17:37
Who the hell told you pain was an ALS symptom?

Fishmanpa
27-03-18, 18:47
See i read so many different things on als forums that i don't know what to believe anymore.

Please do NOT go on the ALS forums. Those people are dying or have lost loved ones to the disease. To have a 22 year old HA sufferer reading and feeding their anxiety or worse, posting there, is just plain disrespectful.

PLEASE READ THIS (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071) as many times as you need to.

Positive thoughts

Deltazv1
28-03-18, 00:57
Your biggest mistake was going into the ALS forums. How did your symptoms start?

Phuzella
28-03-18, 09:05
I actually read a few posts on an ALS forum last night and saw the people with ALS patiently answering questions from worriers
It is very disrespectful to keep on at them so if you think you do have it go and see a doctor for goodness sake. Leave these people alone !!!!

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 ----------

Not just the OP I mean all ALS worriers :)