PDA

View Full Version : Scared this is oral cancer

Hypochondriac101
25-03-18, 07:13
I have had a small bump on the line where my teeth meet on the inside of my cheek for a couple of months now. It hasn’t changed and isn’t painful, but it isn’t going away and that is what worries me. I’m very afraid that it could be oral cancer, I bite the inside of my cheek pretty habitually and I heard that doing that can lead to cancer. I’m really worried about this and want to know people’s thoughts.

Elise
25-03-18, 12:14
Hi hypochondriac, hope you’re okay.
I’ve never heard of biting the inside of your cheek leading to cancer... I just googled it (eek) and all I could see was ‘bites inside of cheek LOOKING similar to cancer sores’ is it possible you mistook what you read? Surely if you have had it for months you would have other symptoms too :) Biting the inside of your cheek is most likely the cause, Im guilty of doing it too, so frequently that I don’t even notice anymore but I was doing it just a second ago!!
See you think that biting the inside of your cheek = cancer, instead of biting the inside of your cheek = well.. bites from biting your cheek.. we jump to the worst case scenario remember :)
hugs x

Fishmanpa
25-03-18, 17:23
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts