PDA

View Full Version : Twitching fingers

Happy35
29-08-17, 19:32
Hi everyone, i have been reading the forum for a while,this is my first post and I am hoping someone can help me.

My anxiety is high again as I have noticed that when I am walking I sometimes can feel a twitch in my right thigh, I have thought I could feel one in either calf occasionally but this has gone away and I was never 100% it wasn't in my imagination. All websites and gp say that twitches in relaxed muscles are not cause for concern and I almost accepted this until my twitch when I was walking, now am in a mad panic mode again. Does anyone else have legs that sometimes twitch when they are walking?

They weren't twitching when I started walking, and do stop if I touch my leg but may start again during my walk.

As a background i have had widespread twitching for a year, this had settled down and was occasional. It started with an eyelid twitch that turned out to be blepharitis, but not before I had hysterics and my anxiety started, had stress at work at same same and twitching all over but mostly both legs started. I have seen gp twice, had basic strength test and the reflex with a hammer, vibration at ankles and the sole of my feet and toes did bend, both times said anxiety.

Thanks for your help

Josh1234
29-08-17, 20:22
That is a myth. Nothing significant about it.

Happy35
29-08-17, 20:27
Just to add by occasional I still mean a few times a day but not 24/7.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

That is a myth. Nothing significant about it.

Thank you so much, I need to get back in a good place again, I was doing really well.

Happy35
25-03-18, 08:37
Hi, I have been doing really well the last few months now its back and hit me like a sledgehammer.

I am 42 and have had muscle twitching all over since September 2016, accepted a while ago that this was anxiety after a few appointments with my GP, strength tests etc. Prior to this I have been through the ALS/MND/MS self diagnosis and panic.

I now have the trembling inside again with little and ring fingers that twitch in a back and forth way but only when in certain positions and fingers are relaxed, this is for seconds at a time but feels like forever, partner thinks its anxiety, I am now panicking about Parkinsons and not sure whether to go back to see GP. My hands in general sometimes feel shaky when I am using them but only shake very very slightly when looking at them.

I am due to start a new job in same company in a few weeks, don't currently take any medication as I can usually cope using breathing techniques and exercise etc but struggling this week. I don't know if this is the source of my anxiety as I am actually really excited.

What do you think?

melfish
25-03-18, 17:47
Physiologically, your body can't tell the difference between "good" excitement, and "bad". That's why getting married and starting a new job rank right along with divorce and a death in the family in the list of life stressors. So yes, the accompanying surge in hormones and neurotransmitters could well be causing your symptoms.

BazB44
25-03-18, 18:12
ya ive had twitchy fingers on and off for a long time. even my toes sometimes do it. left to right, or up and down. its weird, but high anxiety I guess does it to some

Happy35
26-03-18, 18:28
Thanks both, seem less twitchy today, hopefully will settle down again.

Elen
26-03-18, 18:58
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen