PDA

View Full Version : Stomach cancer?

katyfitz
25-03-18, 12:43
Does anyone suffer sulphur burps? The burps which taste like egg and they give you heartburn? I suffered this yesterday and seem to once a month. I’m scared I have really bad, sinister stuff going on in my stomach but I’m scared of the outcome. I seem to have all the symptoms from Google’s stomach cancer which has freaked me out even more. I’m ruining my relationship and can’t lead a normal life cause I’m scared of what I can and can’t eat, going to the toilet in others houses and if I get these sulphur burps they will all smell them. I want to go out and meet my friends today but I feel under the weather. I can’t take this anymore x

Panico
25-03-18, 18:57
An anxious mind send signals to the gut which in turn can produce some incredible sounds and smells! Gastrointestinal symptoms are probably the most common of all in anxiety disorders and can mimic loads of physical diseases so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was just a by-product anxiety. I have a lot of issues stomach wise and this is down to tension, adrenaline and stress.

In terms of not feeling confident in going out, has anyone ever said they have smelt these burps? It's unlikely that they will be as bad as you think in your head. Is there anybody you feel close enough to who you can ask whether the smell is as bad as you fear?