PDA

View Full Version : Going on a date

sarahblonde32
25-03-18, 14:17
Hi all,
Im off on a date this afternoon. Obviously the anxiety blows up full pelt today 😩. I am at the point of cancelling. But, i keep telling myself that i have been on hundreds of dates and i got through. But my body has other ideas and the physical symptoms are crippling.
I can't eat, my appetite is the first thing that goes but i know i cant drink if i havent eaten.! Have taken propranolol this morning but im not convinced they really work.
Please send encouragement messages!
Thanks Sarah x

GiovanniNL
25-03-18, 16:01
You can do this sarahblonde32 :). Your date will be fine, just have a good time :).

Wish you all the best!

BikerMatt
25-03-18, 16:07
You've probably gone by now but good luck to you!!!

You'll do great!!!!

And remember your date will nervous too.

lior
25-03-18, 16:54
How did it go??
Things always feel worse in anticipation! xx

sarahblonde32
26-03-18, 14:30
Hi all,
Thanks for encouraging messages! It went ok actually but i did drink alot ����. Its the anxiety before that i cant stand. Why do i feel so sick and stressed prior to something so trivial. It totally ruins the experience ��
Sarah

BikerMatt
26-03-18, 16:24
Well done!!! Anticipatory (sp?) anxiety is the worst!!!!

Honeynut
27-03-18, 20:56
I just found this thread and I wanted to say (as a sufferer of social anxiety who has never gone on a date because of it!) that the fact you went despite feeling so anxious is so great!! You must be so proud of yourself, I know I would be. It’s lovely to see people overcome things like this and it may seem like such a silly small step to the world but I know how massive it is for you to push through when the anxiety is crippling you, even on something you’ve done before. Well done :)

lordnolo
01-04-18, 23:18
You've done really well Sarah getting through it :-)

matthewtweedie
03-04-18, 11:11
hey, well done keep it up! always fight with your fear this is how you able to control your social fear :yesyes:

Lola-Lee
03-04-18, 11:41
Good on you,are you planning another date?

chipster
21-05-18, 17:33
Well done Sarah for going through with it

sarahblonde32
30-05-18, 10:39
Hi all so sorry for late response. Dont come on here that much, unless im anxious!
We had a few more dates but it fizzled out!
Have been on some other dates recently. Its very hard BUT you have to make yourself go, get there, have a drink, make small talk, set yourself a time limit.. I tell myself, right Sarah you have 1 hour, or 2 max then you can make excuses and go. Unless you like them then you might to stay!!
My anxiety symptoms are a retching sick loss of appetite thing so dating has been so hard. A dinner date is big no no. But, ive got through. Still alive. Haven't passed out or vomited yet!!!
Im a dating expert now so ask me for tips haha 😂