PDA

View Full Version : And now Nightsweats?

lofwyr
25-03-18, 16:12
So my health has been good, for the most part. I have been dealing with my aortic aneurysm very well, especially for a guy with health anxiety. I was doing so well, living life to the fullest, and actually feeling a broad sense of recovery from HA.

Then, last night last week, I had nightsweats. I actually woke up and sighed and said out loud, "really? Now what?"

I am male, so it isn't menopause, and I was not particularly anxious, at least at first, but it is growing on me. The only med I am on is the betablocker metoprolol to slow my heart rate because of the aneurysm.

The night sweats were mainly my chest, which was literally dripping (gross, I know), and my head, the pillow was soaked. Otherwise, no sweat elsewhere. I could not tell if it was because I was hot or not, because by the time I woke up I was already drenched.

I have not been fighting any viruses of late, and my question for you HA sufferers, especially men as I know from my wife's experiences menopause is often a culprit, how worried should I be? I have had nightsweats from other issues before (colds, flu etc) and this was not that head to toe, more just head to chest, but it was a large amount of sweat where it did come from.

Anyone have any input or feedback? I have no other symptoms (no weight loss, pain, fatigue etc, and generally feel pretty good physically). How worried should I be with one isolated incident? Should a guy call the doc over one episode?

Fishmanpa
25-03-18, 17:20
Should a guy call the doc over one episode?

Short answer "No". Concerning night sweats are the type that literally soak the bed where you have to change the sheets and clothes almost nightly. I had that prior to diagnosis. I still get them but nothing like before but I've always been a night sweaty person anyway.

Positive thoughts

lofwyr
25-03-18, 17:57
Awesome, thanks once again for your input Fish. Sorry you had to go through that, but cannot tell you how much your wisdom has helped me, not just answering my posts, but getting guidance from your answers to others as well.