PDA

View Full Version : Just missed concert

phil06
25-03-18, 18:14
I missed a concert due to my anxiety tonight so I came home and took propranolol. I might see about a gp appointment for my anxiety as I’m anxious about moving I’m in private let flat and moving to a house. I as a bipolar episode in 2016 so worth about that I’m on risperidone.

Bigboyuk
25-03-18, 18:19
What concert was you going to Phil? Only might see a dr about your anxiety come on mate you are going to be anxious when you move again right! There's no point putting off seeing the dr about your anxiety they will help so lets here that you will go and talk to them and see what they offer you :) ATB

phil06
25-03-18, 18:28
What concert was you going to Phil? Only might see a dr about your anxiety come on mate you are going to be anxious when you move again right! There's no point putting off seeing the dr about your anxiety they will help so lets here that you will go and talk to them and see what they offer you :) ATB

Thanks I’m that anxious way where I don’t what to go out and work is a struggle as I feel I can’t cope. I can maybe take propranolol again that may help? I will maybe make appointment tomorrow and explain I’m moving house and feel stressed will they be able to help? Do other people get like me with the anxiety?

I may have to cancel my holiday in a few weeks if I can’t manage? :blush:

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Like at the moment I’m in bed with a tense head and feel I’m not coping

Bigboyuk
25-03-18, 18:46
Thanks I’m that anxious way where I don’t what to go out and work is a struggle as I feel I can’t cope. I can maybe take propranolol again that may help? I will maybe make appointment tomorrow and explain I’m moving house and feel stressed will they be able to help? Do other people get like me with the anxiety?

I may have to cancel my holiday in a few weeks if I can’t manage? :blush:

---------- Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Like at the moment I’m in bed with a tense head and feel I’m not coping I get like that too think overall the anxiety you have is being shown all over in every day to day life. Yes they help, even though moving house causes stress to most people irrespective wether they actually suffer from anxiety as a whole like you do, or not. If you don't get the help you need afraid to say it but you will always be anxious. ATB

phil06
25-03-18, 19:20
I get like that too think overall the anxiety you have is being shown all over in every day to day life. Yes they help, even though moving house causes stress to most people irrespective wether they actually suffer from anxiety as a whole like you do, or not. If you don't get the help you need afraid to say it but you will always be anxious. ATB

I’ve had anxiety for over ten years and though is there really a cure because it always seems to be a case of managing it? :

Also my partners dad isn’t happy I’m anxious tonight so this worries me

Bigboyuk
25-03-18, 19:26
I’ve had anxiety for over ten years and though is there really a cure because it always seems to be a case of managing it? :ohmy:That's quite deep rooted then? I think you are right it's about finding ways to 'manage' anxiety and that where therapy can come in handy you probably already had that pm from who ever and it's got good advice I would have thought why not follow up on it you would well miss out on this opportunity :) ATB

phil06
25-03-18, 19:32
That's quite deep rooted then? I think you are right it's about finding ways to 'manage' anxiety and that where therapy can come in handy you probably already had that pm from who ever and it's got good advice I would have thought why not follow up on it you would well miss out on this opportunity :) ATB

Yes I’ve had anxiety for a while it comes and goes. At its worst two years ago I had the breakdown and it was a bipolar episode as I worried about losing my job and I stopped sleeping it was that bad. That’s why I worry when I get anxious Incase I get ill again.

When I was out today I had tension and felt I couldn’t cope and I had depersonalisation. So I went home to try and relax but still a bit anxious but it’s dropped a bit I just feel anxious about life sometimes.

Sometimes the anxiety is a panic attack other times I just feel anxious and have lots of symptoms like the Dp and had tension.

Like im moving house twice in 5 weeks so that’s like quite stressful because this week I find out if my house sale went through and that worries me Incase it doesn’t and I pay rent and mortgage so it’s been a nightmare. The anxiety started December when I started looking at houses as the neighbours were keeping us awake with noise so the move had to happen :blush:

Sometimes the anxiety makes me like thing what am I thinking is life real? What is my next thought and it’s like an anxiety cycle..

pulisa
25-03-18, 19:47
Do you have a bipolar diagnosis, Phil and are you still on risperidone?

phil06
25-03-18, 19:48
Do you have a bipolar diagnosis, Phil and are you still on risperidone?

I had an episode in 2005 and they thought it was a one off but had one in 2016 so took the risoerdrone again as I was in hospital with it and needed diazepam to relax me and stuff..

phil06
26-03-18, 13:04
Update:

Been unable to get doctors appointment today none available have to call back later.

I did contact my psychiatrist to explain and they will call me back and I can explain I’m stuggling with anxiety again

Bigboyuk
26-03-18, 13:21
Update:

Been unable to get doctors appointment today none available have to call back later.

I did contact my psychiatrist to explain and they will call me back and I can explain I’m stuggling with anxiety again This is good news that you contacted your psychiatrist tell them everything recently that's been happening and it seems that you are getting proactive about your conditions ATB

phil06
26-03-18, 13:40
This is good news that you contacted your psychiatrist tell them everything recently that's been happening and it seems that you are getting proactive about your conditions ATB

Yes they are not doing much though no sooner appointments. Just said take more risperidone if I need it. :blush:

Bigboyuk
26-03-18, 14:45
Yes they are not doing much though no sooner appointments. Just said take more risperidone if I need it. :blush: That's not helpful atall:huh: Has the psychiatrist called you back yet? ATB

phil06
26-03-18, 15:29
That's not helpful atall:huh: Has the psychiatrist called you back yet? ATB

Yes that was his response take more tablets if things get any worse and he said moving is stressful that was all really :huh:

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

I did say they don’t offer much theropy or help in my area

Bigboyuk
26-03-18, 15:34
Yes that was his response take more tablets if things get any worse and he said moving is stressful that was all really :huh:

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

I did say they don’t offer much theropy or help in my area That's dreadful Phil and what was his answer about therapy in your area? Its his job to get you the help you need keep pushing for it Phil you have to :) ATB

phil06
26-03-18, 15:43
That's dreadful Phil and what was his answer about therapy in your area? Its his job to get you the help you need keep pushing for it Phil you have to :) ATB

I never got round to asking him that so not sure what will happen I usually just have to battle on with the anxiety sometimes it’s better other times it’s worse :blush

I’m worried I don’t feel upto my holiday in a few weeks

I keep getting a tense head and feel I can’t cope with the anxiety is this normal?

Bigboyuk
26-03-18, 16:47
I never got round to asking him that so not sure what will happen I usually just have to battle on with the anxiety sometimes it’s better other times it’s worse :blush

I’m worried I don’t feel upto my holiday in a few weeks

I keep getting a tense head and feel I can’t cope with the anxiety is this normal? Can you phone him again do you have his number direct to him or his secretary? No you shouldn't have to battle on your own with these problems. Its like with my condition some days are better than others I have some regular support now it's not a option to battle on your own help is out you have to keep asking till the penny drops :) ATB

phil06
26-03-18, 16:53
Can you phone him again do you have his number direct to him or his secretary? No you shouldn't have to battle on your own with these problems. Its like with my condition some days are better than others I have some regular support now it's not a option to battle on your own help is out you have to keep asking till the penny drops :) ATB

Yes it was the secretary but he phoned back direct and never seemed too bothered. :huh:

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Perhaps I again have to go private?

Bigboyuk
26-03-18, 17:02
Yes it was the secretary but he phoned back direct and never seemed too bothered. :huh:

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Perhaps I again have to go private? Well contact his secretary again and keep on till he listens, yes you can go private, but you shouldnt have too, it's another failing of the NHS Iam afraid. ATB