PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and terrified

Goingcrazy
25-03-18, 20:48
Hello everyone. I don’t know where to start and reallyfeel like I’m falling apart I’m 39,married and have 2 daughters who are 14 and 9. My husband runs a successful business, we have a lovely home and a mad labradoodle called Lottie. We experience lovely holidays each year and have an amazing circle of friends and family. Life couldn’t be better....wrong! Life is plagued by bad thoughts about my health and a constant worry that I’ve got cancer! Life right now is awful! I can’t show people that though and have to carry on with a smile on my face and act as though all is ok. This all started 2 years ago when I found a lump in my thyroid. Cut a long story short, I had many tests and heard nothing back from the results so assumed no news was good news. Xmas 2016 I got a call from a doctor at my local hospital to say my results had been lost and that he thought my thyroid contained cancer! Xmas that year was hard. I had my thyroid removed in the new year and thankfully not a trace of cancer was found...but health anxiety was there! Fast forward to today and I’ve had a lump the size of a golfball to the right of my navel for 3 weeks that is causing a lot of pain and I can’t get any answers. I saw my GP last week who thought it could be a hernia so sent me to A&E where I had a CT scan and bloods but nothing showed up. I was sent home. My GP has now booked an ultrasound for Tuesday but the lump appears bigger and feels worse. My mind is racing. We are due to fly to Orlando on Thursday for 3 weeks and I’ve convinced myself that I won’t be going as this is clearly a serious problem. I can’t continue on this path for much longer. It’s fryong my brain. How do I heal myself I’d this awful thing that hangs over me. Sorry if it all sounds dramatic

venusbluejeans
25-03-18, 20:53
Hiya Goingcrazy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Goingcrazy
25-03-18, 21:05
Thank you for welcoming me here. I have looked at this website for a long time now and am hoping that by finally joining it can be a start to the healing process

Hollow
25-03-18, 22:22
Hi Goingcrazy,

:welcome: aboard the NMP train. This site has a lot of people who think they are crazy or are about to go crazy so you're not alone. The information available on here will help you to recover so you made the right decision in joining. Good Luck!

fduop
28-03-18, 12:39
Good morning, Goingcrazy

No it doesn't sound dramatic at all. I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know what the medical issue is, but I will say you are taking on the precautionary measures you can.
Health anxiety is a real thing, after the scare you had earlier who would blame you.

I know this may not seem like much, but the fact that you are voicing your concerns is the best first step. Also you are being proactive and trying to find an answer. Remember these things, when your mind wants to worry, remind yourself that you are looking for answers and to be patient. Breathe through the fear and let it have it's say and let go.

I know this may sound strange, but you have the love of your family and the work of your doctors to find a solution. NMP has many helps and a place to give voice to your concerns. Goingcrazy, be well, you are not alone. Best to you as you go through this journey.

susie1
28-03-18, 12:45
Hi
Have to go out in a minute but just wanted to post quickly to say that you will receive a lot of support here. Nobody thinks you are being melodramatic. We all know the crippling fear of health anxiety. Keep positive