PDA

View Full Version : im scared of cancer

tracieann
25-03-18, 22:39
i have always had cancer phobia and 4 years ago had cancer tests after a ct showed a filling in my tube leading from bladder to kidney cos id had blood in my urine all clear recently ive had pain in lower abdo same side went to drs hes referred me for on ultrasound scan of pelvis and urinary tract im terrified i have ovarian caecal or ureter cancer please can anyone help me im frightened the scan is wednesday:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep ::weep::weep:

roseanxiety
25-03-18, 23:38
I completely sympathize with you. I, too have a horrendous fear of cancer. In fact, any little symptom i have and my brain goes straight to cancer, no matter how insignificant the symptom. I would say that the likelihood of it being cancer is not as high as you think. In fact, the likelihood of it being something else or something benign is far greater. I wish you luck and hope that you will quickly get peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave_Lister
26-03-18, 03:20
Everybody does, but you can’t let it control your life. I have come to the realization that once my number gets called then it’s time to go. But I have learned over the years that your worst fears do not come true, so please try to just live each day and live in the moment because what will worrying do for you? Will it add any time to your life? No, so enjoy your time here and just do what is in your control and don’t worry about what isn’t.

unsure_about_this
26-03-18, 08:22
I have a fear of cancer and go into panic mode

tracieann
26-03-18, 09:52
the one hope i have is he didnt put the scan as urgent and if he was worried about cancer he would have done im hoping the pain is connected to my hip pain as i have fibromyalgia thamks for the support guys i will let you know result

tracieann
26-03-18, 21:22
why does this seem so much worse when its nightime it seems to hurt more when i lie down i keep trying to feel for lumps in my abdomen im so scared keep trying to reason with myself but i cant any advice please

Fishmanpa
26-03-18, 21:25
advice please

If the advice was to not poke and prod, would you be able to heed it?

Positive thoughts

tracieann
05-04-18, 11:16
Fishmanpa how you remain so calm after what youve been through your amazing had my scan and all was normal so i can stop fretting about that now i am worried cos ive had nausea and headache for a while much worse last night scared what if its tummy or brain cancer i hate being like this ive done well for a long time but now im so anxious again