PDA

View Full Version : Tension Headache

gk
25-03-18, 22:58
So I've had what I'm thinking is a tension-type headache for a few weeks now. It's always by my temples and it sometimes makes my eyes hurt. It's usually on the right side, and the right side of the jaw makes a very subtle clicking noise (compared to the left side - no noise or feeling at all), so I thought it could be TMJ.
I'm just very frustrated and anxious because I keep thinking worst-case scenario and it's driving me crazy. Does anyone else have this or has had this for such a long time? The fact that it isn't going away or getting that much better is really worrying me. I was thinking of trying acupuncture or massage therapy.
I've been using peppermint oil, Advil (ibuprofen), epsom salts, drinking lots of water, etc. Please help :(

sam93
26-03-18, 10:54
Hi gk,

I’ve had almost identical symptoms on and off for five years.

Here’s things that help: exercise, occasional deep tissue massage focusing on upper back, shoulders and neck.

I just recently started seeing a chiropractor and that has really helped too.

ShezzaB
26-03-18, 20:28
I had this for months and it got so bad I had to have a mri scan which came back clear and as soon as I got the results it all went the more it goes on the more tense u get the worse the symptoms get if u get to worried go to the doctors and ask for a scan it or try to something relaxing using a cold clothes over ur eyes and temples laying in a dark room with soft music helps too