PDA

View Full Version : Fear of lip cancer

Sunflower917
26-03-18, 02:59
Hey all! I’m new here. So I guess I should introduce myself. I’m 32, married with 2 kids. I have had a handle on my anxieties and they have gotten much better. I used to be really bad. Didn’t leave the house and was very depressed and worried about every lump and bump I had on my body. I’ve been so good at ignoring my symptoms but this one I just can’t. It’s on my top lip. It started a few weeks ago. Just inside my top lip it felt funny. Like raw and wrinkly. It doesn’t hurt, it’s not bleeding just feels odd. It’s not swollen and doesn’t look any different then the other side. It’s probsbly the size of a dime. Well tonight the outside of my lip started itching. Like crazy! It itches all the way up my cheek and down my neck. I’m so scared that it is lip cancer. What else could it be?? I’ll admit I do chew on the inside of my cheeks but not my top lip. I can’t see it being toothpaste or anything since it’s just in the one spot. I’m so scared. Please tell me that someone has had this before or knows what this could be.

Sunflower917
26-03-18, 15:41
Woke up this morning and the itching wasn’t there but it returned a few hours later. I’m hoping that the itching is dry skin? Still not change in the spot in my mouth. It still looks like nothing is there but it feels raw and weird like I’ve bit it. It’s been weeks being there. Hasn’t really changed for better or worse. I’m really freaking out. I have a dentist appt in April. I’m wondering if I should try to get it moved up?