PDA

View Full Version : Prozac and my stomach

Katsue51
26-03-18, 04:39
Hello. I am new to a forum, but didn't know where to turn. I am weaning off Effexor (down to 75mg) and just started increasing Prozac to 40 mg. My psychiatrist said these issues should have resolved, but stomach issues like sour stomach and acid and gurgling just started about 4 weeks in and have continued for about 10 days. I have Illness Anxiety Disorder, so right away my mind/anxiety go to a serious illness.
It is so reassuring to read that others have exactly the same problem.
Any ideas how long this might go on?

venusbluejeans
26-03-18, 04:47
Hiya Katsue51 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
26-03-18, 15:35
Good morning Katsue51

Sorry to hear about your health anxiety issues, I have the same problem at times so I understand how you feel. As far as Effexor I have no experience with that medication, but I'm very familiar with Prozac. In my case an increase in prozac caused a lot of mental issues due to the increase in dosage, which my doctor warned me about. It took me a few weeks to get over it. But once I did, I have tolerated Prozac quite well.

The best advice I can give is from experience. So that would be, be mindful of your anxiety issues. Do your best to try and relax, clear your mind. I've discovered that meditation works well and forgiving yourself when you screw up. In my situation, I hated myself so much a great deal of the problems I was having was due to being unforgiving of myself. Katsue51, best to you on your journey, here at NMP you will find some great helps. Take care and be kind to yourself.

Katsue51
27-03-18, 23:09
Thank you! One day at a time.